Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you quit this game?

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by StarI

Lol people quiting left and right already?

No, just some trying to imply such. They've just had to add another server.

If you read through the whole thread, you'll see that there are actually 6 people who claim to have left the game already. The vast majority of posts is from people that are saying they HAVEN'T left the game, hehe

Of course, by making the title of the thread "Why did you quit this game ?", the OP can now say that the "leaving thread on TSW forums" is already 13 pages long !

It's the oldest trick in the book. Along the lines of: "Have you stopped beating your wife yet ?". You may only answer "yes" or "no"....

If you have been reading the TSW forums for a month or more, you will also notice that 4 of these 6 alleged "leavers" have been some of the most negative posters since closed beta days. Why they actually bought and played TSW (if they ever did) is a mystery to me.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Haven't quit the game yet but clearly I won't play it long.

Enjoying it for what it is, an online RPG with good immersion. (something SWTOR tried to do but failed miserably imo)

Combat is rather boring and PvP is non existent outside of the 3 BGs (make that 2 since one of them never pops).

There is no open world and the end game is the same old beat to death  formula: gear treadmill through raiding.

So I guess the reasons I will quit this are the same I quit every other MMO in recent years: they all use the exact same formula of end game raiding and instanced PvP. Been there, done that...

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by MoonBeans
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by MoonBeans

i quit playing right at the end of beta.

horrible combat animations.   fugly as hell character models.

i only liked the quests so far.

If you never actually bought it and actively played it you did not quit.

All you did was try the beta, find out you didn't like and then you should have moved on, but weeks later you are still here saying that the game sucks.

I tried TERA a month ago, didn't like it at all, don't browse it's forums, don't post about it because I don't play it and it has no bearing on my life.

never said TSW sucks, not sure where you got that from!   i quit playing Tera ages ago as well.

but yes you are right, i never bought TSW only tried Beta, and realised there are better ways to waste my money. so moved on.

waiting for Gw2 and Archage atm.  what about you?

If I had the skills to learn Korean I'd be all over ArcheAge ASAP, really hope it does make it over here in the next couple of years! I will also be playing GW2, I try my best not to get excited for MMO releases these days as many of the most recent ones have been huge disappointments. I think this is why I like TSW because I went in expecting it to be horrible.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Just for the record it was one of the TSW "fans" that brought up GW2 in post number.............2. Some people just can't resist a snipe....insecurity I guess. Tbh GW1 Is a better candidate for comparison.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Bachus, the thread beneath posts a preview on RPS that the story in TSW will keep evolving with "issues". They'll send you back into lower areas and characters who will change permanatly across time. So, it seems for now, that all that filler does have a purpose, but it wil only be explained as time goes on. After all, it's suppose to b a cliffhanger.

The story is not the issue, the story is great...  Its just that the combat is not my type of fun... Character builds are just to single purpose for me, i like gameplay like the WoW warrior, where in every situation you had to choose from several viable skills.

Originally posted by lifeordinary

And if 7 skills bother you i wonder you will handle GW2 and it is limited skills? the skill set up is the main reason why i love TSW and why i pre ordered GW2.

In GW2 my last Elementalist build had 34 active skills, you really need to reread your, so yes it bothers me in TSW but not in GW2.

Yeah I love how people get going on the "only" 10 total skill slots in GW2 thing when they have, apparently, no idea how weapon swapping works or anything else.  On the other hand, in TSW, I believe, skills can be changed out at will.  I don't really see the two game mechanics as being all that different.  HOWEVER.....you can like one and not the other.  They are different enough that you can certainly prefer one over the other.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Why did you quit this game? - Because i've seen the trailer image

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

gameplay and animations... they really suck and ruin the atmosphere. if you intend to build some solid content like investigations, you have to back that up with cool gameplay.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Not quitting, matter of fact I bought the lifetime after Ragnar's announcement .

I don't spend time looking at my toon while killing stuff or solving puzzles, so I guess that's why the animations don't bother me. And for all of you that never stepped into the game after beta, you would have no idea how much character creation was improved but you can check out the screenshot contest here.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Jaedor

Not quitting, matter of fact I bought the lifetime after Ragnar's announcement .

I don't spend time looking at my toon while killing stuff or solving puzzles, so I guess that's why the animations don't bother me. And for all of you that never stepped into the game after beta, you would have no idea how much character creation was improved but you can check out the screenshot contest here.

Bought lifetime today as well. Seems there will be enough content coming to keep me for a long time. Nothing else interesting coming out in a year or two anyway.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Butregenyo

gameplay and animations... they really suck and ruin the atmosphere. if you intend to build some solid content like investigations, you have to back that up with cool gameplay.

I actually like the combat and gameplay.  Yeah i know they dont hand you a fun build you have to make it yourself, and i know theres people who havent figured out the skill system.  Make a good build and you wont complain about combat sucking.

Also the animations are not terrible, this is a very opinionated subject though, i can say any games animations and combat sucks i guess...i wouldnt say animations are over the top flashy but that doesnt make them poor quality.

They had to open a new server already so i guess more people disagree than agree here.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Still playing it and still loving it.

Maybe the game is not for you, it has difficult mechanics and the missions requier you to think especialy the investigation ones. A good general knowledge of myths, legends and code breaking is needed. So if you lack these then the game will be to difficult for you, and if you can't read ability descriptions it will be even harder as you wont be able to make the correct builds.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Olgark

Still playing it and still loving it.

Maybe the game is not for you, it has difficult mechanics and the missions requier you to think especialy the investigation ones. A good general knowledge of myths, legends and code breaking is needed. So if you lack these then the game will be to difficult for you, and if you can't read ability descriptions it will be even harder as you wont be able to make the correct builds.

That was the good part indeed, which i loved...

Its the very simplistic combat, its allways building A finish B.  As i said, being in combat for 80% of the time, these 7 abbilities create niche play and single tactics builds, rinse and repeat.  I love to have a broader skillpallet. Its not hard to create a good build that works, but they are just not my cup of cake.  I love games where real time tactical decissions are a must. And thats just not TSW.

Tough as said before, the quests and setting are probably the most orriginal in any MMO till today. Sadly it was not enough to keep me playing.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

Also the 34 button GW2 thing, this is one available class the Elementalist. That is the only class that access to so many abilities, the other classes have much less than that although they do have more than TSW especially when you add in weapon switching.

I don't even understand why it matters that a GW2 class has 34 buttons to press in a TSW forum though, I guess it's great for the purpose of trolling.

It doesn't have 34 buttons to press, as when you swap out weapons, etc, you loose access to the others skills. What's going on here is an attempt to compare overall skills available to a class in GW2, to that of active skills in TSW. Which is vey misleading, as there's way more skills available in TSW. Agree though that it doesn't matter, and both games can co-exist and both be enjoyable.

Offcourse they can live next to eachother and with eachother..

And as to why i brought up GW2, thats because someone else attacked me with the fact that GW2 combat was the same as TSW combat. And i didn´t even mention GW2 in this whole thread.  

Oh and Mister Slickshoes, I also have a Necromancer build with 32 skills, and a 40± skills engineer.  many other classes can have  much more skills in GW2, not that it matters in this discussion, but just to inform you.  ;)

back on topic, i can understand how certain people just love TSW and will allways do aslong as there are stories to live and puzzles to solve. For me the actuall combat was just more important then for them. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

So while the mainquests are just awesome, its not enough to keep me happy and playing the game.

I have played less and less during the last week and am wondering if this is just me or that there are also others having this same experience?

(Even SWTOR did get a hold of me for 4 weeks, in which i got to max level.)

I dunno. I find many of the sidequests rivalling the main quests. I got tired of SWTOR in two hours, so I guess to each to his own.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

If you read through the whole thread, you'll see that there are actually 6 people who claim to have left the game already. The vast majority of posts is from people that are saying they HAVEN'T left the game, hehe

Of course, by making the title of the thread "Why did you quit this game ?", the OP can now say that the "leaving thread on TSW forums" is already 13 pages long !

It's the oldest trick in the book. Along the lines of: "Have you stopped beating your wife yet ?". You may only answer "yes" or "no"....

If you have been reading the TSW forums for a month or more, you will also notice that 4 of these 6 alleged "leavers" have been some of the most negative posters since closed beta days. Why they actually bought and played TSW (if they ever did) is a mystery to me.

This is nothing, check out this thread from the official forums:

I am leaving this game.

(owing to some glitch when the old forums were archived, the first ~600 posts in the thread are duplicated).

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by heartless

It's 20 weapon skills. 5 skills x 4 attunements.

1 heal, 3 utility, 1 elite.

The utility and elite skills are all weapon summons. Each summoned weapon, gives you 5 weapon skills when equipped. 45 skills total. 49 if you count attunement switches as skills.

Edit: it's definitely not the best way to play an elementalist but it is possible to have 45 (49) skills total.

yea, naming a single class and call it the "basic" number of skills in game sounds like an excuse to me :)

GW2 is NOT about elementalists. it's just one class in the game.

so please bitches, if you wanna talk about gw2, tell us why  you stopped playing *G*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

I didn't quit the game.

I have been playing (for only a short time, furthest I got was like 20 something ability points) but still has been a pretty enjoyable play experience. Idk how end game will turn out however.

I'll have to wait and see if I make it that far.

This game has been one of the better experiences of recent MMO releases possibly. 

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by arieste

I have played less and less during the last week and am wondering if this is just me or that there are also others having this same experience?

In my experience, 2-4 weeks is about how long it takes me to figure out that i no longer want to play an MMO even though I bought it.

Took me about 2 weeks of TOR, about 4 weeks of Rift, 4 weeks of FE, etc.  So your 2 weeks sounds about right for figuring out that the game just isn't for you.

I'm still very much enjoying it and while I'm only halfway through completing the Blue Mountain zone, the 3 instances I've done so far and overall game design have shown me that I have good things to look forward to.  Can't wait for the raids to get added in as the boss fights in instances are some of the awesome combat experiences I've had in an MMO.

its not jsut mmo its any type of game, times we are living games have short life thats how it just is.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Was so looking forward, but box price and sub with cash shop is just taking the piss.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Originally posted by mrw0lf

Was so looking forward, but box price and sub with cash shop is just taking the piss.

The cash shop has clothes in it. It also has pets as well. Nothing "game-breaking" that I know of.

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Tidel

The cash shop has clothes in it. It also has pets as well. Nothing "game-breaking" that I know of.

Doesn't have to be gamebreaking. People can dislike it simply because a sub *should* give you the full monty.

I agree with that up to a point, since I simply wouldn't use the shop rather than not play the game.

EDIT: Which, I know, doesn't quite make a statement towards a developer.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Tidel

Yup cash shop has lame clothes, in game clothes are far better.

Also there are lame deco pets, birds and such.

Dorky titles...

Oh and fireworks.  You can make those in game though.

Also for $5 you can buy serveral items since most cost between $1-$2... with the packaged outfits costing around $10 i think.

Yup a cold hard pay 2 win money grab imo. lol

I would actually use it if the cash shop items were better looking that what was found in game.  Or at a minimum they offerd weapon castings so i could craft unique looking weapons or something.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

I quit the game before purchasing it because I feel that only a select few games are actually worthy of being Buy to Play + Pay to Play these days.  I'm sorry if the game is actually great or something, but it just looks mediocre by todays standards and seems like it would see much greater success as a free to play title. 

Really, none of these games are going to provide a better experience than something like say, Skyrim, so you're just paying for the social aspect.  That's another complaint of mine and truly a shame though, because MMORPGs are becoming less social with each iteration.  I think developers can try to make the games cinematic and try to make them fast paced, but there are so many obstacles to overcome due to the networking that it's not really possible to compete with single player titles in those aspects.

This marks the end of a pointless and completely off topic rant. 

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356
    Originally posted by dancingstar
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

This is nothing, check out this thread from the official forums:

I am leaving this game.

(owing to some glitch when the old forums were archived, the first ~600 posts in the thread are duplicated).

If you actually read the thread you'll notice it is a mocking thread, created long before the game even announced any release date (the thread started in 2010) by someone that actually likes the game (after playing it) and that liked the concept back then.

It's a big joke thread.  I even think i participated claiming i was leaving due to the lack of real-world advertising, or something like that.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Ive quit playing after two weeks myself ...just not interested in running around looking for quests (just doesn't cut it anymore for me).

This discussion has been closed.