Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you quit this game?

Comments

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Basically i am playing TSW till GW2releases, to have a fun passtime during vacation. And fun it is. These 2 months will allow me to play my character through most of the content

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Dakirn
    Originally posted by heartless
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;aaaaa;aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa;Yaaa;ZRQjb

Edit: for some reason the offhand doesn't display.

This argument doesn't make sense to me.

You can't switch weapons in combat as an Elementalist, so you're stuck with the 20 + 4.  All of these are on cooldowns and the attunements themselves are on cooldown.  You could get more summoned weapons but seriously.. you're going to waste all of your Ability slots on weapons summons?  Most of them are kinda lame and they have 15 charges each (25 if you spec heavily into Fire trait line and waste a slot on it).  Once you drop your summoned weapon you're done with it, no switching.

The amount of abilities that you list are what are "possible" when you switch out weapons out of combat.

There are 525 of those in TSW if you're going to count out of combat abilities too.

Elementalists (and engineers to an extent) are an extreme case in GW2.  Most people are limited to their 5 weapon attacks and 4 abilities.  While most can switch weapons and get 10 abilities it's still 10 + 4 and most of those have cooldowns that will only let you use them once a fight.

I find GW2 MORE limiting because of the cooldowns especially as an Elementalist (which was my main at 25 in BWE).  Also to get all of those attuned abilities you have to be a wet paper bag and unable to take more than 2-3 hits.

TSW and GW2 can co-exist just fine I own both of them... but arguging that GW2 has tons more abiltiies doesn't hold water.  Once you unlock all of your weapon skills you're done except for grinding out Skill points for abiltiies (which were pretty lack luster and kind of lame in my opinion for Elementalist too).

You'r reading too much into it. My intention was not to show that GW2 is superior or anything of the sort. The point of that build is to show that it's possible to have access to more than 25 skills as an elementalist, not that it's feasible. The person I replied to asked to show him how it is possible to have 34 skills as an elementalist and I did.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

@OP: I didnt, and i just saw maybe a quarter of the whole game and still have enough fun and things to do.

Hodor!

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

I didn't quit and I won't quit in forseeable future. There isn't coming any other interesting MMO in this year and probably won't come in year next as well.

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

A lot of the negatives on combat come from people who dont like to be limited to how many skills they can use at any one time. I on other hand find that style of combat to be positive. While I did not buy TSW i did play the beta and was sitting on the fence on buying it. It just didnt quite have that grab that pulled me all the way in.

I have allready purchsed GW2 and since there are no sub fees I will be playing that for a while. What I really want is an MMO with both strategic and tactical combat. You dont get that as much if you have access to an unlimited number of skills at any given time with no limits. Especially if every class gets dps skills/tank skills and healing skills. All characters end up being the same.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Maelkor

A lot of the negatives on combat come from people who dont like to be limited to how many skills they can use at any one time. I on other hand find that style of combat to be positive. While I did not buy TSW i did play the beta and was sitting on the fence on buying it. It just didnt quite have that grab that pulled me all the way in.

I have allready purchsed GW2 and since there are no sub fees I will be playing that for a while. What I really want is an MMO with both strategic and tactical combat. You dont get that as much if you have access to an unlimited number of skills at any given time with no limits. Especially if every class gets dps skills/tank skills and healing skills. All characters end up being the same.

I think the problem is not that the game only has 7 skills (even though that's what most people are focusing on).

The problem, imho, seems to be that the combat just doesn't have enough complexity to it. It's not until the very end of the game, that you even have mobs that require you to change you're build, and even still it's not the wide-spread. Aside from those few mobs that require you to have either weakness, or to remove affliction from your build, there wasn't much to combat other than deciding what roll you wanted to be (tank, dps, healer, or hybrid) and whether you wanted to be single target or AoE.

If they changed this, and had combat in which enemies reacted to not only conditions, but the type of skill you used, it would make the combat a lot more interesting. However, before that, they really need to fix their gear management (and probably double the amount of slots you can have), so that it doesn't keep bugging out & removing all your gear.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I for one am a bit dissapointed in transylvania so far. After egypt it feels small and has less of the good stuff, the puzzle and investagtion quests. Also feels a bit like a return to kingsmouth to me. Egypt was pretty amazing though.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Maelkor
    A lot of the negatives on combat come from people who dont like to be limited to how many skills they can use at any one time. I on other hand find that style of combat to be positive. While I did not buy TSW i did play the beta and was sitting on the fence on buying it. It just didnt quite have that grab that pulled me all the way in. I have allready purchsed GW2 and since there are no sub fees I will be playing that for a while. What I really want is an MMO with both strategic and tactical combat. You dont get that as much if you have access to an unlimited number of skills at any given time with no limits. Especially if every class gets dps skills/tank skills and healing skills. All characters end up being the same.

I think the problem is not that the game only has 7 skills (even though that's what most people are focusing on).

The problem, imho, seems to be that the combat just doesn't have enough complexity to it. It's not until the very end of the game, that you even have mobs that require you to change you're build, and even still it's not the wide-spread. Aside from those few mobs that require you to have either weakness, or to remove affliction from your build, there wasn't much to combat other than deciding what roll you wanted to be (tank, dps, healer, or hybrid) and whether you wanted to be single target or AoE.

If they changed this, and had combat in which enemies reacted to not only conditions, but the type of skill you used, it would make the combat a lot more interesting. However, before that, they really need to fix their gear management (and probably double the amount of slots you can have), so that it doesn't keep bugging out & removing all your gear.

Re. Builds.

That isn't true at all, that builds don't need changing until end game. Yes for some they won't need to make radical changes, because they've figured a decent levelling build. Even then they evolve as more active and passive skills are unlocked. However most seem to be having to change or develop two builds, by the time they reach Blue Mountain, which is not even half way through current content.

On the topic of skills themselves. Its not simply 7. There's also 7 passive skills that can directly effect what those 7 active skills actually do, and/or generate a triggered affect. The passives are also not limited by weapon type. Also you get to pick all 14 skills, so unlike other games there's no surplus of unused skills.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Lol people quiting left and right already?

Originally posted by StarI

Lol people quiting left and right already?

No, just some trying to imply such.

They've just had to add another server.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Still enjoying my time for the most part but not without a watchful eye for whats coming up in July. The tidbits they released are very appealing as far as the world is supposed to evolve along with the storylines main plot point. People who aren't around or are absent for some time will have a different experience from those who were around for previous "issues" as they've dubbed them.

The PVP as far as Fusang is cool for the most part but will defiinately need other BG's to support it since El Derado and Stonehenge are pretty /meh for the most part. Rarely do them and most times don't have much fun. Maybe cause I'm not in a Cabal or grouped up does it seem this way maybe.

The atmosphere still rings true for me. Having no issues with that part and not missing the elves and dwarves what so ever. It's solid when it comes to atmosphere most definately.

Have to see what's going to be changing as far as updates for bugs (those that there are) and animation tweaks (mostly jump; the combat doesn't feel as floaty as it use to in Beta was big improvement for me). Sticking with it and prepared to subscribe for another month. Unless for some untold blunder from Funcom.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I haven't quit, nor do I plan to.

I'm perfectly okay with the combat, personally. I actually LIKE only having seven active skills - WoW-flavor MMOs with several dozen abilities loaded onto multiple hotbars are one of my biggest dislikes in the genre, so to me this is a step in the right direction. The deck system is fantastic, as is the outfit system (though Pangea could do with some better organization).

I've found most of the quests to be fantastic, and the atmosphere and setting are top notch. The only thing I don't like about this game is that NY and Seoul both feel 2nd rate compared to London, in terms of faction cities. I'll be playing this one for awhile.

<3

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Two weeks after release, i have left this game behind.  

While the story is certainly among the best ever seen in a Questing/story based MMO, most of the non main quests are just some nicely wrapped packages that contain the same we know from other games. On top of that, i spend 80% of the game in combat and this is exactly the not so fun part of the game, those 7 buttons just dont allow for enough diversity.  Its not fun, despite the fact that combat actually is harder then in other MMO´s its still not fun, espescially solo combat, because you keep repeating the same skills over and over, and the mobs are very static, same type mob means exactly the same fight over and over.

So while the mainquests are just awesome, its not enough to keep me happy and playing the game.

I have played less and less during the last week and am wondering if this is just me or that there are also others having this same experience?

(Even SWTOR did get a hold of me for 4 weeks, in which i got to max level.)

Dear Diary (mmorpg.com)

I do not like this game because of X feature, I am quitting X game because of this.

Why do you need to justify stopping playing this game to us? I haven't played it for two days but I am not making forum topics about it, I am sure I will play it again at some point, but you guys don't need to know that!

Originally posted by eyelolled

I quit considering this game after I played the beta and had consistant crashes (of course - it's beta) but with the poor character creation, the tedium of the quests that I experienced,  and the fact I didn't like the feel of combat, I decided that I wouldn't bother with being disappointed by this game having such high costs.  Fanboi's can play and say what they want, this game just didn't justify the costs for me.

You didn't quit then, you didn't even buy the game, oh dear.

• maddog15amaddog15a Member UncommonPosts: 83

I tried the beta and was really impressed, so like before any MMO I buy I looked up the companys(Funcom's) history and reputation and was not to thrilled at what I found and read what other people have dealt with.  So I decided to pass on it.

It also gives me that (soon to be F2P) vibe

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i didnt quit.

didnt rush anything, didnt read up on quests, so i have alot of mysteries to solve and even more maps to discover :P

that's what happens when you play games wow style, there is no "i was first on blabla!" in TSW. or at least no one cares.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Also the 34 button GW2 thing, this is one available class the Elementalist. That is the only class that access to so many abilities, the other classes have much less than that although they do have more than TSW especially when you add in weapon switching.

I don't even understand why it matters that a GW2 class has 34 buttons to press in a TSW forum though, I guess it's great for the purpose of trolling.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by maddog15a

I tried the beta and was really impressed, so like before any MMO I buy I looked up the companys(Funcom's) history and reputation and was not to thrilled at what I found and read what other people have dealt with.  So I decided to pass on it.

It also gives me that (soon to be F2P) vibe

yea, because funcom has so many f2p games. guess you never tried to play conan "for free" right? :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by SlickShoes

Also the 34 button GW2 thing, this is one available class the Elementalist. That is the only class that access to so many abilities, the other classes have much less than that although they do have more than TSW especially when you add in weapon switching.I don't even understand why it matters that a GW2 class has 34 buttons to press in a TSW forum though, I guess it's great for the purpose of trolling.

It doesn't have 34 buttons to press, as when you swap out weapons, etc, you loose access to the others skills. What's going on here is an attempt to compare overall skills available to a class in GW2, to that of active skills in TSW. Which is vey misleading, as there's way more skills available in TSW.

Agree though that it doesn't matter, and both games can co-exist and both be enjoyable.
  • MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173

i quit playing right at the end of beta.

horrible combat animations.   fugly as hell character models.

i only liked the quests so far.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

just wondering why these gw2 peeps are so huge tsw fans?

edit:is gw2 elementalists same like using one hotbar in wow and switching its sub-bars? thats why gw2 peeps in this thread likes tsw or what?

Let's internet

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

just wondering why these gw2 peeps are so huge tsw fans?

Is it not ok to like and play more than one game. If I play halo does that mean I shouldnt like call of duty. I'm a big street fighter fan does that mean I shouldnt like tekken. 

Originally posted by MoonBeans

If you never actually bought it and actively played it you did not quit.

All you did was try the beta, find out you didn't like and then you should have moved on, but weeks later you are still here saying that the game sucks.

I tried TERA a month ago, didn't like it at all, don't browse it's forums, don't post about it because I don't play it and it has no bearing on my life.

• MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by MoonBeans

If you never actually bought it and actively played it you did not quit.

All you did was try the beta, find out you didn't like and then you should have moved on, but weeks later you are still here saying that the game sucks.

I tried TERA a month ago, didn't like it at all, don't browse it's forums, don't post about it because I don't play it and it has no bearing on my life.

never said TSW sucks, not sure where you got that from!   i quit playing Tera ages ago as well.

but yes you are right, i never bought TSW only tried Beta, and realised there are better ways to waste my money. so moved on.

waiting for Gw2 and Archage atm.  what about you?

• deathstrike6deathstrike6 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Somehow the combat in this game wasnt that sux except kinda hard to click and target with , that's only problem i have in this game, i have been playing alot of other mmo like Tera, it does have a good combat system but lacking everything else and boring as hell, i stop playing it after my first month sub gone, but for me the combat system in TSW is challenging, yes i know it only have 7 skills to play so that's make you think of a unique combo for both pve pvp. I still enjoying my stay in TSW, graphic wasn't that bad after u get used to it, those people saying graphic sux then look at other F2P mmo, you will see my point. However, there is a fact that if the game focus too much on combat and graphic, then it will lack of alot content like pvp, like Tera, Aion,but for some game like TSW it lack of combat system but the story and atmosphere r awesome. None of any MMORPG is perfect, maybe it's not the game for u

This discussion has been closed.