Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Face of Mankind: New Community Team

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Face of Mankind community team has expanded with the addition of two new personnel. Community Manager Josh “Jove” Smith and Associate Community Manager Michelle “Meesh” Archer-Waterman have joined the team to revitalize the Face of Mankind community.

Players to Participate, too!

With a continued focus on player-driven content the team will also assist faction leadership with managing new social media accounts of their own, giving them top tier tools to engage players and make sure they’re notified of important events, or conflicts that require some backup, the very instant the alarms are sounded.

Find out more about Face of Mankind.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Wow thats an old picture.   But otherwise good news.   You should think about getting a new picture though.

So much crap, so little quality.

• Rambo621Rambo621 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Ummm... does anyone really even play this crap? This game is terrible.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I remember starting the game a long time ago, creating a character logging in and instantly dying. Or at least being shot at. I ended up being entirely confused, started to watch the tutorial video realised it was 40 minutes long and I couldn't handle all that info in a row. Just ended up giving up.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

I liked it when i first tried it. I would have made a career in the FDC if they didn't reorganize the whole officer promoting process just then. They didn't hold only lesson, promoted one anyways because they needed one and only restarted lessons months later..and then the game went out of beta.

Years later, i tried to go back..i played like 10 minutes. Just wasn't more me anymore.

I really loved the system of players creating missions for their faction, rewards being part of the money the faction made through holding stations and in the conflict with opposing factions.. and the ingame lessons, hold by other players, complete with tests where nice, too. At least back then. Not all factions did it like this though.

They had some very interesting systems like described above, too bad the game as a whole couldn't keep up.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• TheOtterTheOtter Member UncommonPosts: 46

The developer, Oblivious is a fantastic guy and is super commited to the game. Unfortunately, the game's community just isn't what it used to be. Also, It's a good chuckle to see Jove back on the staff. The game has huge potential but a mountain of bad history, poor design and outdated mechanics really keeps it back.

To its credit, Oblivious is working his butt off to try and fix the game.

• CathmorCathmor Member UncommonPosts: 12

The community "isn't what it used to be" for a reason. Nexeon drove (banned) all the good players out of the community because we actually cared enough about the game to be vocal about the mistakes the previous developer and Nexeon were making.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I didn't even get a chance to play it. Had a long and intresting back on forth with their, and I shall put this in ironic finger quotes "Customer Service" about how I had numerous ilegal accounts with them when I had never even heard of the game and was trying to make an account for the first time.

• LumbralesLumbrales Member Posts: 7

I tried this game about 1 month ago, actually enjoyed it a lot. Greeat community, love the sandbox aspect and the freedom. Too bad that when no faction is at war the game becomes dull. Still installed though.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I may try to get back into it one of these days, but like an above poster said - it's dull as shit when not at war.

Will always have fond memories of it's last "open beta", probably the best PvP game I've ever played... while the PvP lasted, that is.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Was a great game but the faction leaders spent more time playing world of tanks than FoM. It was impossible do anything since they held the power and were never online and impossible to remove them since the mods were best mates with them.

I guess this is announcing that the corrupt mods have all been fired, though it sounds too good to be true. Anyway I have a beta key for PS2, so FoM and its community of corrupt mods and faction leaders that never play FoM can go to hell.

SEE YOU ON AURAXIS SOLDIER!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis