Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What we need is a World of Warcraft 2

1235»

Comments

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

I'm quite certain that's what GW2 is.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Gajari

I don't think Blizzard could strike gold twice with a WoW2. But they'd certainly get a ton of box sales. Still, the OP might be right. Everyone's trying to copy Blizzard's success, so maybe Blizzard needs to show them how it's done again. If they can. Maybe they can't.

I don't have a lot of faith in Blizzard at the moment, 'cause D3 is kinda disappointing.

Their next MMO in the works, Titan or whatever, might be pretty awesome, though. Who knows.

GW2 did not copy wow wich is why  its superior

TSW did not copy wow

Archeage did not copy wow infact it will revolutionize the siege as we know so far

Blade and Soul while still in Beta in korea did not copy wow,but its an ncsoft game anw so i pass.

MMO'S start to change and it was about time.

wow is a failure now each expansion worse one after the other...cataclysm epic fail...MoP i wont mention that pile of shit..pokemons are not my thing,

they r better mmos coming than wow...archeage and gw2 are just an example

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

When you say we you really mean you, correct?

Add me to a WE.  I would love a WOW2

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

I would agree with the OP - but I hate to say it, 2 faction games where the classes are just copy paste on both sides, in a world with very cartoony graphics and some very Disney'esque concepts (hey, I used to love wow pre Burning Crusade)...anyway, what would they do differently?

If they added a 3rd faction - that would be cool, but would they just implement the same classes three times?  This might work for games like GW2 where W v W v W is just three copy pastes, but WoW would have to do better than that.  Otherwise, why not just play GW2?

Things to make WoW 2 viable:

So three true factions, designed in Azeroth - maybe the old Azeroth like some of the expansion stuff had or a future Azeroth, who knows.

No mirrored classes!  Sorry Tauren paladins and dwarf shamans, but seriously? 

Tighten up the graphics

Keep improving pvp fun

That's about it I think.  With the piles of talent and cash they have on hand, I believe they could really make the 1 mmorpg to rule them all....TWICE.

Until then, I am happy to wait for Elder Scrolls Online - where I just might get all that anyway.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

WoW 2?

WoW has evolved so much from vanilla, we're at like WoW 2 or 2.5 right now. So no, making a WoW sequel would be an absolute waste of time and resources. It won't happen, unless WoW dies someday. Which won't be any time soon.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

What if you can't stand Azeroth, the lore... the characters, the species... or ANYTHING about Warcraft?

I don't think "we" need a WoW 2.

WoW 1 already ruined the MMORPG genre.

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

I don't know. The only incentive in a WoW2 is the freshness of building from the ground up again, and maybe not be limited to what could be now a archaic system. I think really I'd be more interested in a warcraft 4 than a WoW 2 though.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

If Blizzard waits until GW2 and the other new MMOs on the horizon play their courses, then drops an MMO that improves upon everything they did to create another MMO with dynamic whatevers, then I will laugh my ass off.

Then sign up to play it.

Then watch as 10,999,999 other players sign up.

And then watch as people complain about it on MMORPG.com, even though they've been thirsting for the kind of gameplay it will bring since GW2's manifesto was released.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

When you say we you really mean you, correct?

I hope so.

Please DO NOT count me in the "we" category.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

Pops even MORE popcorn.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I'm curious when Blizzard is going to talk about Titan or someone leaks it.. It's been years since I last played WoW, and it's been years since Titan was leaked..  I won't go back to WoW or WoWlike clones, but I am curious what Titan will be........ Currently I'm waiting for GW2..   Rift and TOR failed on keeping my attention past 3 months..

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Rydeson

I'm curious when Blizzard is going to talk about Titan or someone leaks it.. It's been years since I last played WoW, and it's been years since Titan was leaked..  I won't go back to WoW or WoWlike clones, but I am curious what Titan will be........ Currently I'm waiting for GW2..   Rift and TOR failed on keeping my attention past 3 months..

Same here, I'll be playing GW2 and Planetside 2, but I have been interested to see what Titan will be for years now. I wouldn't ever go back to the grind of WoW again, but still will keep an eye on Titan. If it's just another gear grind treadmill though, I'll pass.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Oh yes please! All we need is somewhere else to put the ignorant immature wow players that think wow was the 1st and completely orhinal MMO ever made. We need another place for them to go and cry cause X players gear score isnt high enough or he is wearing 2 pieces of pvp gear. Yes another place where you have to complete a hm dungeon in less then 5 min or you suck...No we dont need another one of those One is enough thank you!