Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back in the days: HoN vs LoL

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Whats the best game? HoN is better since they have tournaments and cash prizes. We all saw the forum posts by people saying that LoL was a casual MoBa, since it was so easy to play, and LoL did not have tournaments.

Just wanted to remind you HoN fanboys that LoL has 15 million accounts made and 5 million dollar prize pool for Season 2. 

Now go play your super hard HoN since LoL is just for Casual PvErs. 

Comments

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Is there a point to this post? this is not even a proper "original post" a reply at best, no questions, no opening for a debate, not even a formed opinion....

LoL is definitly easier, which does not mean in any way there is less skill involved in high rated play, but still is much more easy.

You don't lose gold in LoL when you die, the mechanics are much more simple(and to be frank clear), there are no deny mechanics for creep kills, there are much less ganking spots and many more escape routes than in HoN. Jungling is much much easier and can be achived with just about any char, and you can turret hug easily till level 10 or so which you cant really do in HoN.

Both LoL and HoN have cash prize turnaments, this has been true for a long long time, besides the fact that both games are MOBA games there isn't any thing simmilar about them, and yeah HoN is much less forgiving to new players, and for any one who does not have what it takes to master the game. 

Honestly the fact that LoL is much more causal friendly at the end makes it a better game atleast from a game design point of view if not from a personal preferense. The simple graphics, and clear visual ques, and simple interface make it much easier to pickup and naturally understand what's going on. The simpler machanics, the abundance of "noob champs" and the more forgiving game play gives it a much better attuned learning curve and allows new players to play if not effectivly than atleast not hinder the overall progress of the team.

LoL is a game that you can pretty much play casually after a long day at work with a drink in your hand not having to worry about every second of game play excluding intense team fights and  annoying mirror matches/hard counters.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I honestly don't play either.  There really isn't any sportsmanship in little @rsehats screaming n00b, you suck, quit or else.  The community is the VERY thing that keeps me from playing the game.

• checkmate123checkmate123 Member Posts: 9

HON has a great graphics than LOL. But LOL has a better gameplay. I love their features when you will have a randomnly characters every week unless you will buy it.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

LoL really needs lower tournaments for the casual players, then it would be perfect.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

LoL>Dota2>HoN

i'm playing both LoL and DotA2, i stopped HoN because its just a bad clone of DotA...

LoL started as a clone of DotA, but in a year it managed to be the king of mobas with its own style, player base and direct and simple gameplay... i believe since i play them both, that LoL isn't easier as a game.. just easier to use and move around.

My advice.. play them both.(not HoN)

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Casual gameplay bring in more people. That is why i have reserved on valve dota 2.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Ikeda

I honestly don't play either.  There really isn't any sportsmanship in little @rsehats screaming n00b, you suck, quit or else.  The community is the VERY thing that keeps me from playing the game.

Yep, if you have your own group of people to play and learn with I am sure it is less like this but going in to any of these games solo is a recipe for abuse and disaster.

• itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125

Having played both, I prefer League of Legends. The user interface, and displays are a lot more user friendly and the game play is very smooth.

HoN has a million things going on, with extra clunky gameplay and it makes it difficult to know what's going on around you since the color schemes are kind of all over the place as well.

Art wise, I prefer LoL as well, but that's just my style and preference.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

I used to play both. In fact, I used to be a HoN fanboy and hate on LoL.

I tried LoL for a bit. Played both for a while and found myself logging into HoN less and less and now I don't even have it installed.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Dragonantis

LoL really needs lower tournaments for the casual players, then it would be perfect.

Theres a weekly solomid tournament with a 3000 ish prize pool.   There are also a ton of smaller go4lol tourneys with smaller prices (around 100-500$ prize pools)

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by andre369

Whats the best game? HoN is better since they have tournaments and cash prizes. We all saw the forum posts by people saying that LoL was a casual MoBa, since it was so easy to play, and LoL did not have tournaments.

Just wanted to remind you HoN fanboys that LoL has 15 million accounts made and 5 million dollar prize pool for Season 2. 

Now go play your super hard HoN since LoL is just for Casual PvErs. 

What's the point? be a fanboy at 100%? yea LoL is very popular but still I don't like it just like WoW is popular and i'm not playing it, or whatever other popular shit, who really cares?