Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class would this be?

RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

With this game becoming F2P soon and me wanting to give it a go. I remember back when it was released and even before that, this was concept art thrown around a lot to "represent" the game ( its even on the logo for this site ), so my question for the people that know more about this game than I do is:

What class does the character below fall on ?  If it is indeed possible to play as that archtype in game.

Comments

• sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68

I would say Ranger, Rogue, bard. All duel weild and wear medium armor

Rogue Will always have a dagger mainhand, and could use an axe offhand til 51 really when they get a nice 2 dagger buff.

For Ranger you obviously dont see a bow in the picture. but they are a nice mix of ranged and duel weild melee.

Bard, you dont see any instruments, but they are also duel weild and fit the picture.

Very cool Art!

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by sylentnyte

I would say Ranger, Rogue, bard. All duel weild and wear medium armor

Rogue Will always have a dagger mainhand, and could use an axe offhand til 51 really when they get a nice 2 dagger buff.

For Ranger you obviously dont see a bow in the picture. but they are a nice mix of ranged and duel weild melee.

Bard, you dont see any instruments, but they are also duel weild and fit the picture.

Very cool Art!

Cheers, for that it seems like the Ranger is probably the kind of class I am looking for.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the list of the free classes

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/images/community/membershipinfo/vg_membership_page.jpg

Warrior, Rogue, Monk, Cleric, Disciple, Sorcerer, Necromancer

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Thats a tough one. Nobody fights with only ONE axe in Vanguard.

Tanks and melee classes (except Monk) are the only ones who can use axes. So technically it can be Paladin, Warrior, Dread Knight, Rogue, Ranger, or Bard.

However, the first three are tanks and would usually wear heavy armor. Also, the Dread Knight rarely uses anything different but twohanded weapons. The Paladin is going to always use a shield, or, sometimes, twohanded, if they dont tank. And the Warrior will always use TWO onehanded weapons.

I would say most likely Bard due to the fact that axes are the best weapons, since Bards cant use Hammer.

Rangers are more likely to use Hammer, and Rogues have been kind of forced to use daggers. Not my most popular change but fortunately I dont play Rogue or Bard anyway and my Ranger wasnt restricted by these changes.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by Nadia

the list of the free classes

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/images/community/membershipinfo/vg_membership_page.jpg

Warrior, Rogue, Monk, Cleric, Disciple, Sorcerer, Necromancer

Bah. :(

You cant play any class on f2p ?

These are all okay classes but thats a huge bummer anyway. Vanguards classes are the best, not allowing freebies to try them all, thats kind of awful.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Bit OT, but did anything ever come of the Inquisitor class?

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by darwa

Bit OT, but did anything ever come of the Inquisitor class?

I remember the art work for the inquisitor from beta and saw a lot of talk back then about it but never made it into main game and no mention since.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Adamantine

Thats a tough one. Nobody fights with only ONE axe in Vanguard.

Tanks and melee classes (except Monk) are the only ones who can use axes. So technically it can be Paladin, Warrior, Dread Knight, Rogue, Ranger, or Bard.

However, the first three are tanks and would usually wear heavy armor. Also, the Dread Knight rarely uses anything different but twohanded weapons. The Paladin is going to always use a shield, or, sometimes, twohanded, if they dont tank. And the Warrior will always use TWO onehanded weapons.

I would say most likely Bard due to the fact that axes are the best weapons, since Bards cant use Hammer.

Rangers are more likely to use Hammer, and Rogues have been kind of forced to use daggers. Not my most popular change but fortunately I dont play Rogue or Bard anyway and my Ranger wasnt restricted by these changes.

He has a dagger in his belt poised to draw.