Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

x20 skill gain DF1.0 worth playing till 2.0 release

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Fun game, recent population rise, x20 skill gain, join a clan and get stuck in.

The game isn't perfect but for £10 a month no box fee definately worth it.

Comments

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• uofa13luofa13l Member Posts: 29

I would have to agree. I had not played in a while and only got to play in the second "phase" of the 2 free days but what a blast. I am re-subbing as soon as I get back from vegas this weekend. I forgot that darkfall pve puts all MMO's to shame. i was playing TERA for a short while because I enjoyed the action combat but this is true action combat with much harder mobs. The game is not perfect but for $10 I def think it is worth it.

PS: I did a single grind session on one of my favorite medium mobs of approx 20-25 mins and my greataxe which was a measely 51 jumped to 78. I knew the skillgains were faster but wow you must be able to take most combat skills from 1-100 in what 1.5-2 hours. There are still issues but if you are on the fence I would recommend you give it a try.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by uofa13l

I would have to agree. I had not played in a while and only got to play in the second "phase" of the 2 free days but what a blast. I am re-subbing as soon as I get back from vegas this weekend. I forgot that darkfall pve puts all MMO's to shame. i was playing TERA for a short while because I enjoyed the action combat but this is true action combat with much harder mobs. The game is not perfect but for $10 I def think it is worth it.

PS: I did a single grind session on one of my favorite medium mobs of approx 20-25 mins and my greataxe which was a measely 51 jumped to 78. I knew the skillgains were faster but wow you must be able to take most combat skills from 1-100 in what 1.5-2 hours. There are still issues but if you are on the fence I would recommend you give it a try.

thing is, your already likely max. I mean I think 99 is the max damage.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

I rerolled a new character the first day of 20x more than a week ago and I already have a viable pvp character =D Maxed magics, decent melee and archery, average stats. I lost my old character but it seems that I already got my old skill levels back already. One week compared to about 8-10 months or so on my old character

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

imo its still not quick enough the grind is still there to a degree.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by deathshroud

It's an MMO after all, you need some kind of progression mechanic. And you can't really compare the "grind" now to how it used to be.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Biskop

It's an MMO after all, you need some kind of progression mechanic. And you can't really compare the "grind" now to how it used to be.

i cant even begin to imagine how it must of been previously. But getting your attributes up still takes alot of time and maxing a good number mof magic schools does also. Guess im just not the gamer i used to be.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

i cant even begin to imagine how it must of been previously. But getting your attributes up still takes alot of time and maxing a good number mof magic schools does also. Guess im just not the gamer i used to be.

Theres a reason why they are redesigning the game from the ground up. There are stupid things in their code where having max of anything gave too much of a boost. They fixed it with HP, MP, and Stam but couldn't with the damage added from STR and Dex, or the speed increase with quickness. Lukily, you can get around those with self buffs, if not buff other spells.

Still, the parimary grind, which was getting multiple magic schools to 100/100/100 for chaining surges and min-maxing has been removed, which means the majoirty of the grind that counted is gone as well.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

The 'grind' is 100% dependent on the rest of the population. I am a bit surprised how people dont see this factor.

If nobody in the game has 100 greater magic then the need to grind to get there barely even exists unless you just want to be the first. So in other words, the first year of the game everyone was around the same skill level, low. Now everyone is high and those who enter now have to catch up.

Thing is, every single MMO ever made has this issue and every single MMO ever made implements a solution and its been going on for decades. Basically as the game matures and the player base is 'stronger' they just slowly make it faster for lower players to catch up. Its why in, lets say EQ2, it takes about 1 day to do what used to take a month.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Can you still get by solo or do you have to join a clan?

How is clan recruitment these days? Can newcomers get into a decent clan and participate in sieges? What's the political scene like?

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by 7star

Can you still get by solo or do you have to join a clan?

How is clan recruitment these days? Can newcomers get into a decent clan and participate in sieges? What's the political scene like?

If you want to get by solo it's a lot more work and you'll have to be very skilled at getting away when multiple people chase you, it's hard but people do it.

Joining a clan is an easier way to have a lot more fun in the game. Many clans recruit new players, sieges are daily most days more than one per day you'll be able to join in quickly enough with the massive skill gain just don't expect to 1v1 players until you've practised alot.

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Resubbed a few days ago and having a blast. Such an improvement since promotion. Already got a small band of players together in a clan. IMO it's worth playing now until DF2.0.