Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you quit this game?

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Poison_Adele

Have to say I'm really surprised that so many people are dropping TSW already. I played it a bit in the beta and am still interested in it but was hoping it'd go F2P at some point so I could play it post-release. Starting to sound like that may be the case. 

Lol

Not sure where you get so many people are dropping TSW already from but okey dokey. Frankly the ones in this thread are the usual culprits if you've payed any attention to their posts over time.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Have to say I'm really surprised that so many people are dropping TSW already. I played it a bit in the beta and am still interested in it but was hoping it'd go F2P at some point so I could play it post-release. Starting to sound like that may be the case. 

Lol

Not sure where you get so many people are dropping TSW already from but okey dokey. Frankly the ones in this thread are the usual culprits if you've payed any attention to their posts over time.

I'm actually surprised Lord picked the game up in the first place.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

In GW2 my last Elementalist build had 34 active skills, you really need to reread your, so yes it bothers me in TSW but not in GW2.

34?  how did you reach that number?

Elementalists in Guild Wars 2 have 4 attunements, each attunement has different skills for each of their weapons, then you have utility skills, summonable weapons that change your skills, etc...

That still doesn't equal 34.  Break it down for me.  I count only 21-25 dpending on how many utilities you have unlocked.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;aaaaa;aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa;Yaaa;ZRQjb

Edit: for some reason the offhand doesn't display.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by heartless

In GW2 my last Elementalist build had 34 active skills, you really need to reread your, so yes it bothers me in TSW but not in GW2.

Elementalists in Guild Wars 2 have 4 attunements, each attunement has different skills for each of their weapons, then you have utility skills, summonable weapons that change your skills, etc...

That still doesn't equal 34.  Break it down for me.  I count only 21-25 dpending on how many utilities you have unlocked.

lol choose an off hand weapon and it will.

It's even more if you count switching attunments with F1-4 right?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

I'm not OP, I don't know what math they used. They may have counted downed skills, summoned weapons, underwater skills, etc.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_elementalist_skills

I got roughly that number by taking one weapon and adding the skills for each attunement, assuming each of the 3 utility skills was a weapon summon (so 15 skills total), and not counting any downed or underwater skills.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Playing TSW at the moment and this post just does not ring true . I wouldn't take what the OP has posted here with more than a pinch of salt. The post is rubbish and missrepresentative.

Should I elaborate , nah ..... The sharks that are here for no good reason have had more than enough of my time already....

Great game , based on the current crop of MMO offering this is one well worth a look even if you only get to play through all the content.

There you have it. Thank you, good sir.

Originally posted by RizelStar

Yup.

I did choose the offhand lol. But whatever it doesn't matter the first 5 skills are irrelevent anyway.

There you have it. Thank you, good sir.

Anytime. =)

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210

Game is going great. In fact I and a few friends just upgraded to lifetime subs.

The game has a learning curve and I see a lot of the kids can not deal with having to learn to play a different game that does not hold their hands. By the time you get to the 3rd zone you need to have two viable builds or you will be suffering. I suggest to those of you that didnt like it to try it again and stop bringing your predisposed attitudes on what a game needs to be. It is a fun game that has some bugs at launch. If that is a game breaker for you for an MMO then go play on the console and stop acting a butthurt.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Why are GW2 fanboys discussing the game they like on the general forum of a diferent game?

I don't care about the number of keys. FPS are amost a 1 button game and are far more fun than mmorpgs. Racing games use about 4 (left, right, accelerate, brake) and yet are far more fun.

I don't know any mmoppg expect maybe Vindictus and a few Korean ones that as any great combat system or gameplay. I come to thsi genre for everything else. That's why i tone down my expectations of the gameplay. if i made a comparision, boy, i'd never touch an mmo.

Yup.

I did choose the offhand lol. But whatever it doesn't matter the first 5 skills are irrelevent anyway.

Two-handed would have been easier. ;)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I quit considering this game after I played the beta and had consistant crashes (of course - it's beta) but with the poor character creation, the tedium of the quests that I experienced,  and the fact I didn't like the feel of combat, I decided that I wouldn't bother with being disappointed by this game having such high costs.  Fanboi's can play and say what they want, this game just didn't justify the costs for me.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

So it's 40 (5 skills + 2 weapons to switch out during combat) + 5 utilities right?

so 45 total with all abilities unlocked you can use during combat?

Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Why are GW2 fanboys discussing the game they like on the general forum of a diferent game?

I don't care about the number of keys. FPS are amost a 1 button game and are far more fun than mmorpgs. Racing games use about 4 (left, right, accelerate, brake) and yet are far more fun.

I don't know any mmoppg expect maybe Vindictus and a few Korean ones that as any great combat system or gameplay. I come to thsi genre for everything else. That's why i tone down my expectations of the gameplay. if i made a comparision, boy, i'd never touch an mmo.

One of TSW fans asked to break down how it is possible to have more than 25 skills in GW2.

Relax, you don't own these forums.

So it's 40 (5 skills + 2 weapons to switch out during combat) + 5 utilities right?

It's 20 weapon skills. 5 skills x 4 attunements.

1 heal, 3 utility, 1 elite.

The utility and elite skills are all weapon summons. Each summoned weapon, gives you 5 weapon skills when equipped. 45 skills total. 49 if you count attunement switches as skills.

Edit: it's definitely not the best way to play an elementalist but it is possible to have 45 (49) skills total.

It's 20 weapon skills. 5 skills x 4 attunements.

1 heal, 3 utility, 1 elite.

The utility and elite skills are all weapon summons. Each summoned weapon, gives you 5 weapon skills when equipped. 45 skills total. 49 if you count attunement switches as skills.

Edit: it's definitely not the best way to play an elementalist but it is possible to have 45 (49) skills total.

k, so you can have 49 available to you in one combat if needed.  That's basically what I'm wondering.

Didn't play much of elemental.  Mesmer/Hunter/Guardian/Necromancer is basically what I have the most experience in.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299

Welp...so the GW2 fans are out of TSW...didnt see that one comming!

Mabey ill see you all in another GW2 beta but im sticking around TSW for a while, cant find good pve like this anywhere and im not bailing for warhammer 2.0 just yet.

Originally posted by BigRock411
    warhammer 2.0 just yet.

/give fireshield

Warhammer had true collision detection.  Well not true, but more of it than GW2 target collision.

Originally posted by BigRock411
    warhammer 2.0 just yet.

/give fireshield

Warhammer had true collision detection.  Well not true, but more of it than GW2 target collision.

If only the rest of the game was good, right?

If only the rest of the game was good, right?

For Warhammer? Yeah, their PQ idea was genius, but they failed to realize how to fully implement it.  Rift's zone events are fantastic too, but they didn't realize how to fully implement it.  Luckily GW2 is able to take both of those ideas for their own and do it right.

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

i did not leave game, still enjoying it, think next moth will still be subbed.

also lock thread for GW2 hijack.

Originally posted by Jesterftk

i did not leave game, still enjoying it, think next moth will still be subbed.

also lock thread for GW2 hijack.

If they did that, half of the threads in every other game would be locked.  It's best to just ride the wave.  It will crash on the shore soon enough.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
     Luckily GW2 is able to take both of those ideas for their own and do it right.

Ok fine, I'll totally bite the bait...

So if GW2 is ABLE to take those ideas and do them right.. why didn't they?  :)

For the record... I think Funcom did these events RIGHT 10 years ago with Alien Attacks in AO, I've been waiting for years for games to pickup from that innovation and improve on it.  I didn't really like what WAR did at all.  I thought Rift did a pretty awesome job on it - the best to date IMO - but the rest of Rift was a bit too generic for my taste.  Better storyline and world would have gone a long way.  

GW2 takes the events to the extreme and some of the stuff in it I really like.  The combat is where it falls apart for me with GW2 - i don't like that every event is a massive zerg and that there is no consequence either for dying or for doing awesomely well.  All rewards get killed, everyone gets the same reward regardless of contribution, neither grouping nor cooperation are encouraged or rewarded.  Plus, the really generic and bland world in GW2 turns me off as much as Rift did.

Now if we had TSW's world with GW2's animations and Rift's dynamic events and TSW's encounter difficulty and death penalty, we'd have ourselves a pretty badass game.  ( i could go on about other components too..)

One day.. one day SOMEONE will get ALL of it right and not just bits and pieces.  Until then.. i'll have to play TSW for the immersion and for challenge and GW2 for the dynamic content and graphics.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Two weeks after release, i have left this game behind.  

While the story is certainly among the best ever seen in a Questing/story based MMO, most of the non main quests are just some nicely wrapped packages that contain the same we know from other games. On top of that, i spend 80% of the game in combat and this is exactly the not so fun part of the game, those 7 buttons just dont allow for enough diversity.  Its not fun, despite the fact that combat actually is harder then in other MMO´s its still not fun, espescially solo combat, because you keep repeating the same skills over and over, and the mobs are very static, same type mob means exactly the same fight over and over.

So while the mainquests are just awesome, its not enough to keep me happy and playing the game.

I have played less and less during the last week and am wondering if this is just me or that there are also others having this same experience?

(Even SWTOR did get a hold of me for 4 weeks, in which i got to max level.)

Sad to see you go.  I'm still enjoying the game immensely, but not every game is for everybody.  Hope you come back though. image

This discussion has been closed.