Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live chat with devs about end game soon!

Comments

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82

Orr also doesn't have any renown hearts. my guess is that there will be less and less renown hearts as we get to higher level zones since the only reason they introduced them was to ease people into DE's.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by dracopie
    Originally posted by Master10K

Well one thing they just mentioned is that once you hit level 80, your XP bar resets and you'll continue to gain XP and whenever the bar becomes full again you earn a skill point. Skill points can then be used to get cool new weapons, items, consumables & components.

Also that Legendary weapons (the Tier above Exotic) will be impossible to acquire from another player and will require each player to go to some extreme lengths to acquire/craft. Some legendary weapons they mentioned were:

• A bow that shoots rainbows & unicorns. Seriously.
    • A hammer that leaves a sort of liquid metal Terminator effect.
    • A greatsword that's forged buy combining two legendary greatswords (one of the day & the other of the night sky). The new greatsword will have both effects.

*Wow. It's over already*

Corrections:

• A bow that shoots rainbows & has a unicorn horn.
    • A hammer that incases your character with a liquid metal Terminator effect and leaves behind a trail.
    • A greatsword that's forged buy combining two legendary greatswords (one's blade is basically a cut out plane of the day sky, while the other is night). The new greatsword will change effect depending on the time of day.

Thanks.

Also here is the link for those that missed it live.

CLICK TO WATCH (skip to 4:30)

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Sounds like an entire 3 zone region with raid-level content that is all open world and persistant - like if players don't fight back the NPC's they lose ground against them and have to re-take their previous gains.

Awesome.

And cosmetic only legendary weapons with cool effects?

Skill points instead of XP after level 80?

Yes, yes please.

From what I can recall players need to control the shrines of the gods in order to progress the main event (and maybe open the dungeon to Zhaitan?) each shrine can have a different Dynamic Event, and each shrine must be held at the same time to further the event, this means we are going to need lots of people + coordination to open the final dungeon, it's safe to assume that the shrines will be far away of each other.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

So GW2 now has a confirmed "end game" to PvE.

In b4 "but it still doesn't have housing!"

Yet...

MWAHAHA

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by StriderXed

Can't wait for those "no true endgame" threads now.

lmfao the envy those future OP's have currently is already cracking me up.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

We've always known that Orr was a final zon with more challenging content. It's still the same as all zones only harder.

But honeslty, i never understood what endgame is anyway.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ
    Originally posted by QSatu

Orr will have 3 zones where there are no reniown hearts only Dynamic events with numerous outocmes (they call it event webs) and there are twice as many events as on other maps. I can say that's a pretty big end game area if you ask me.

is that what they wher talkin about endgame? just to make sure. I was thinking they where going to talk about some new mechanics or dungeon or whatever.

I also watched the Orr part, it's just that we already new it was going to be a "endgame" type area. Well, good stuff anyway.

they also said that there are like 25 different versions of their 8 duneons and there are 3 lvl 80 dungeons. Also you still earn skill points after lvl 80 so you can forge legendary weapons. Plus level scaling and pvp, wvw. I think that's more than some games have after 5 months after release. At least it sounds like that

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Master10K

Well one thing they just mentioned is that once you hit level 80, your XP bar resets and you'll continue to gain XP and whenever the bar becomes full again you earn a skill point. Skill points can then be used to get cool new weapons, items, consumables & components.

Also that Legendary weapons (the Tier above Exotic) will be impossible to acquire from another player and will require each player to go to some extreme lengths to acquire/craft. Some legendary weapons they mentioned were:

• A bow that shoots rainbows & unicorns. Seriously.
    • A hammer that leaves a sort of liquid metal Terminator effect.
    • A greatsword that's forged buy combining two legendary greatswords (one of the day & the other of the night sky). The new greatsword will have both effects.

*Wow. It's over already*

In addition to that awesomeness, they fully acknowledged players' concerns about endgame and offered some interesting soundbytes.  Eric explained that he actually felt the game becomes more and more interesting at higher levels.  He also mentioned that one of his favorite things about the game is that he doesn't always find what he expects to find as he advances through the higher levels (interpret that as you will.)  To complement this, Colin answered a question about back-and-forth tendencies of dynamic events, stating that as players level up and become more familiar with the DE system, the events become more like complex webs than linear chains.  He even mentioned that Orr, a high level, previously inaccessible area of GW lore, has far more events than any other zone in the game.  

Regardless of what level of credibility you choose to give to developer comments, you must at least admit that it's good to hear that they are cognisant of this particular player concern and appear to be taking measures to ensure that the concern isn't realized.  

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Yet...

MWAHAHA

yeah or the return of the " Wha no mounts!?1" 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

We've always known that Orr was a final zon with more challenging content. It's still the same as all zones only harder.

Your missing the minor(yet big) details on purpose, why?

I say on purpose because I know your smarter than to just focus on Orr being zone, it's what the zone has and does. Unless this is a good day to start pretending and acting, I'll do it too I guess.

Red is misinfo, if true I'm Santa Claus.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91

The whole Orr fight is one big meta  chain event  to take control of towers of the gods and control statues of the gods to be able to eventually fight your way to the end dungeon.

Orr will have 3 zones where there are no reniown hearts only Dynamic events with numerous outocmes (they call it event webs) and there are twice as many events as on other maps. I can say that's a pretty big end game area if you ask me.

is that what they wher talkin about endgame? just to make sure. I was thinking they where going to talk about some new mechanics or dungeon or whatever.

I also watched the Orr part, it's just that we already new it was going to be a "endgame" type area. Well, good stuff anyway.

they also said that there are like 25 different versions of their 8 duneons and there are 3 lvl 80 dungeons. Also you still earn skill points after lvl 80 so you can forge legendary weapons. Plus level scaling and pvp, wvw. I think that's more than some games have after 5 months after release. At least it sounds like that

We've also always known that dungeons have multy paths. I'm just disappointed because i actually believe that they had some new type of endgame idea we didn't know off. It's not that it's bad at all, just i was expecting more.

Originally posted by RizelStar

Your missing the minor(yet big) details on purpose, why?

What am i missing?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yet...

MWAHAHA

GW2 doesn't have mounts.

Yet.

I might trademark that on this site.

"GW2 doesn't have ____ ... yet!" -BadSpock

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I think my favorite part might be the fact that once you hit 80, you keep gaining experience normally and you will continue to get skill points to use as a sort of currency with the mystic forge.

It's something I hadn't heard or didn't imagine before hearing this.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

It will still happen. People are close minded.

Yet...

MWAHAHA

GW2 doesn't have mounts.

Yet.

I might trademark that on this site.

"GW2 doesn't have ____ ... yet!" -BadSpock

You need to make sure you have the "MWAHAHA" IMO. :P

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by VagabondLife

The whole Orr fight is one big meta  chain event  to take control of towers of the gods and control statues of the gods to be able to eventually fight your way to the end dungeon.

What I don't understand is the last dungeon. I mean we are going to fight Zhaitan with 5 people? It's a dungeon right?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Same here. As far as I know endgame = some type of replay value or treadmill. 

Well now that it's confirmed to have to ability to gain skill points after lvl 80,(to use for various gear and stuff via mystic forge)  I guess it'll all work out.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by colddog04

I think my favorite part might be the fact that once you hit 80, you keep gaining experience normally and you will continue to get skill points to use as a sort of currency with the mystic forge.

Well as a GW player I kind of expected this to be the case. Especially when they announced the mystic forge and legendary weapons.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

still have a P2W cash shop...(xDDDDD)

remember if you could by  1% health that for some guys is clear P2W because give a advantage against other players (doesnt matter if is a insignificant advantage)

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by VagabondLife

What I don't understand is the last dungeon. I mean we are going to fight Zhaitan with 5 people? It's a dungeon right?

They didn't describe what was in the dungeon...just that it was the final goal to achieve in Orr.

Originally posted by DJJazzy
    Originally posted by colddog04

Well as a GW player I kind of expected this to be the case. Especially when they announced the mystic forge and legendary weapons.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of GW1 in general.

Was it a cool and interesting system?

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    ArenaNet's Eric Flannum and Colin Johanson are going to be chatting live on our Twitch TV channel in just about one hour. Join them as they explain how both single and multi-player RPGs have evolved and how GW2 showcases these changes. Then learn how they plan to tackle one of the genres most challenging aspects: The End Game.

If you have questions about this topic, feel free to tweet them to us @arenanet and we'll try to answer as many as we can at the end of the talk.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

It's from facebook.

:O

Awesome.

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

[snip]

Skill points instead of XP after level 80?

[snip]

Careful now. You still gain XP after level 80 but when the XP bar fills up you gain 1 skill point instead of a new level.

With the level curve they have in place I expect that you'll gain skill points at a good rate after level 80.