Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You think diablo 3 feedback was a "wake up" call of some sort?

xdemonhunterxdemonhunter Member Posts: 31

Title kind says it all, i was a huge fan of diablo, diablo 1 was the first game i ever played online and that was around 15-16 years ago.When diablo 2 was released i also bought it and had alot of fun with it sometimes i actually reinstall it just to play around a bit.

I was a bit worried about buying diablo 3 given the ridiculous amount of time it took to finally be released and how unsure the release date was gonna be.That kind pushed me of buying it right away because someone had to be wrong for it to be taking that long.Im really glad i didnt buy it based on all the negative comments i saw from other gamers, i would like u to direct u all to this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037265679?page=1       This is from blizzards own forum and majority of the users seem to agree with everything the OP said.

With that said what are your thoughts about the game? Do u believe all that negative feedback will cause some sort of change in the gaming development by blizzard or any other company or blizzard just made their quick buck and will keep using this bussness model?

Comments

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

No, considering the amount of money they made off the game I'm sure they don't care that much about player feedback.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Fastest selling PC game of all time, 9 million copies sold, hundreds of million of dollars made.

If anything, expect more like this.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by Magnum2103

No, considering the amount of money they made off the game I'm sure they don't care that much about player feedback.

Pretty much all that can ever be said on this topic.

I was absolutely ashamed of being part of the gaming community when I saw how massively profitable this game was despite almost the entire community decrying the DRM.

Well done everyone. Way to have some balls.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    My thoughts of D3 are all negative, so I am not allowed to express my thoughts about the game... so I won't. I will say this. By comparasin, EA and Bioware have been relentless in their efforts to turn around the negative feedback for ME3. I keep seeing more and more free DLC announced for that game every week... extended cut endings, and a new "Earth" pack on the horizon. With D3, I have yet to even see much acknowledgment of failure. Maybe it's too soon, or maybe they do not care.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by Valua

Fastest selling PC game of all time, 9 million copies sold, hundreds of million of dollars made.

Where did you get the 9 million number?

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

I didnt buy it because the writting was on the wall. Diablo 1 was great, 2 was OK, and I knew 3 would suck. Glad I saved myself some money.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

D3 is literally the only video game I've ever bought that I actually feel ashamed about purchasing. Like, it's actually a little embaressing to admit that I paid real money to line Blizzard's pocket for what I should've known was little more than a steaming pile.

I just keep telling myself "maybe in a year they'll get their ... together and this will actually be a worthwhile game that I can feel good about owning," but...

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Where did you get the 9 million number?

I read it somewhere, I'll try and find the link.

But that number is very believable, if not low if you consider this fact;

"Activision Blizzard reported that Diablo III had broken the one-day PC sales records, accumulating over 3.5 million sales in the first 24 hours after release and over 6.3 million sales in its first week"

That's 6.3 million copies in the first week, wouldn't surprise me if Diablo 3 had hit over 10 million easy.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

It's a wake up call your not a kid any more.  All those great game you play as a kid are great because there's nothing before it.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I see the single most important question about D3 is how the real-money auction house is doing (real numbers, not the buzz of anecdotes).  That's what may have the most impact on the industry.

• AriannaeAriannae Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by maplestone

I see the single most important question about D3 is how the real-money auction house is doing (real numbers, not the buzz of anecdotes).  That's what may have the most impact on the industry.

With the sad conclusion that it'll probably pan out to be -fantastic- for raking in money for Blizzard, if only because the RMT bots have a 'legal' way in accordance with the ToS to be making money, on top of Blizzard's idiot fanbase buying into whatever shit they hand to them.

It amazes me how much the newer generation of gamers have transformed the gaming hobby from what it once was; Changing it from once being mostly driven off of player respect for a company and their product, into whoever can push out as much shit as fast as possible rakes in the most money, is a horrible new trend.

Thank you society.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by xdemonhunter

With that said what are your thoughts about the game? Do u believe all that negative feedback will cause some sort of change in the gaming development by blizzard or any other company or blizzard just made their quick buck and will keep using this bussness model?

Was highly disappointed too. I agree with the poster on the blizz forums on everything, they have become absolutely ridiculous and they don't care which leads me to answering your question. They are crying all the way to the bank as usual at Blizz and no it won't change anything, if it does i will be absolutely surprised.

I've already posted this promise once, if Titan is in anyway like D3 i will never buy another blizzard product ever again. period.

• Zook81Zook81 Member Posts: 96

This is the absolute worst game I have ever paid money for, and I am a very forgiving person when it comes to the quality of a game. Even with friends, it is no fun at all. This is coming from someone who loved Diablo and Diablo II.

I don't think it will be a wake up call for Blizzard, though I am insanely surprised they have came out and said "okay we admit it, the end game isn't sustainable". They love their RMT auction house a lot, and any change they make will ensure that the game will still revolve around it.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Hahahaha.

Expect way more of it now.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Got the game as part of my WoW sub, put 80 hours in to it, enjoyed playing co op with a couple of friends.

The game is now uninstalled and I probably will never play it again unless they add something amazing, PvP could entice me to play again but I won't spend a penny in the cash auction house.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I expect more of the same from blizzard. Blizzard isnt in the busness of making good games anymore. They are in the busness of making piles of crap and telling thier idiot fanbase that its pure gold. Luckily they are not the only company that makes games. After DIablo 3 has been so successfull I'm interested to see what the next wave of dungeon crawlers bring. I'm not talking about Torchlight2 or PoE. As many copies as D3 sold you know there are going to be 3-5 more comming out in the next couple years trying to capture that success. Sure they could all be clones. I'll just hope one of them is actually good...kinda like Titans quest was.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Zook81

This is the absolute worst game I have ever paid money for, and I am a very forgiving person when it comes to the quality of a game. Even with friends, it is no fun at all. This is coming from someone who loved Diablo and Diablo II.

I don't think it will be a wake up call for Blizzard, though I am insanely surprised they have came out and said "okay we admit it, the end game isn't sustainable". They love their RMT auction house a lot, and any change they make will ensure that the game will still revolve around it.

They did admit that, but they got it wrong. They talked about how the 'item hunt' endgame wasn't enough, while skirting the elephant in the room that was the fact that the same kind of endgame was more than enough in diablo 2. That they show no outward indications of asking the hard questions about what went wrong this time (i'd say RMAH and the loot changes made to support it) indicates to me that you are absolutely right and this will not be a wake up call at all. 

Also they can afford golden buckets for all the bucketloads of money they earned from this game, that's a big part of it too. It's well nigh impossible to suggest you don't follow a successful formula like this if you're a publicly traded company. It's just too bad they bought that financial success using some of their reputation for tightly crafted and extremely replayable games.

• BrainDeadGBrainDeadG Member Posts: 30

When Diablo was first released it was a game meant for geeks. It held an old-school classic environment that players who experienced the first game appreciate and remember.

Now the game has lost that. Unfortunately Blizzard has gotten greedy and the quality of their gaming has went down in the years. The franchise is basicually a cash-cow now that's just milking off the fanbase and the now newly extended casual game-base. The company is no longer about it's roots.

Same what they've done to World of Warcraft. It's just turned into a mockery of nerfs, casuals easy mode gameplay, and messy update expansions.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    Originally posted by xdemonhunter

90% of the negative feedback came in the first week because of technical problems. Nobody expected the insane amount of problems, especially as they are running WoW with 2x as many players.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

In the short term they made their money.  In the long term though, any expansions and further sequels will suffer (if they decide to make them of course).

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Hopefully it just means no more RMAHs.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by dave6660

In the short term they made their money.  In the long term though, any expansions and further sequels will suffer (if they decide to make them of course).

I forsee an expansion with increased lvl cap that will turn your 'great' gear into near to useless.

Just to keep up RMAH circulation.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Yep, expect numerous clones in the immediate future.  This will happen as long as the lemmings mindlessly pay for overhyped games.  I used to laugh every time I saw a post on here that went along the lines of "OMFG Diablo 3 is coming out!  I can hardly wait to throw my money at this inevitably god-like example of a game!"

Suckers.

• xdemonhunterxdemonhunter Member Posts: 31

I dont know if they made as much profit as people seem to believe.Took them 10 years to release the game that had to mean alot of money was put into making the game and while nobody can argue that blizzard made alot of money on the first week/month (i dont have the numbers if someone do i would like to know) the negative feedback has prolly pushed of many gamers that didnt buy diablo 3 right away.Also i believe blizzard was depending alot on the real money auction house to keep making money, i heard the game population has dropped quite a bit (read on diablo 3 official forum dont know how true that rings) and that the game is populated by alot of bots exploring this feature so i dont see they making alot of money out of it on the long run and possible expansion packs wont sell well since most people that did buy the original diablo 3 are extremely dissapointed.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Bliz: Does it even matter? The milti-million fanbase will have that "wake up call" sedated by the time Titan comes out. They will all be willing to throw money our way once again. It happened before and it will happen again, again...a