Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replace the responsibles Asap....500k+ lost subs and counting ? Bye Zoeller..

124»

Comments

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Originally posted by Chrome1980
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Full loot pvp..lolz

Lol or not but full loot was always big part of TES series. But nooo, they cant do it since its too risky and WoW doesnt have one. Better to play safe...

TES is a single player games so how the hell full loot was only exclusively big part of TES? every single player game has full loot.

/facepalm.

In Skyrim from any humanoid you loot everything he wears, weapons that he actually used and other stuff that he could carry. 

Remind me how many single player games have this kind of loot system

Many of my friends who are huge elder scroll fans would rage quit in an instant if they were fully looted. It is a totally different beast when you are asking a single player open world RPG to fully translate into a MMORPG. Most people who play elder scrolls I'd imagine would not be interested in hardcore PvP considering majority of their fans enjoy a solo PvE experience over a decade now.

Obviously I'm not talking for all TES fans but I'd imagine a sizeable chunk wouldn't like the feature.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Blah back on subject.

As for people you feel responsible I'd imagine it's ultimately the investors not the lead developers. If they truly feel that the current people employed are no good they should be putting a squeeze on the higher ups to make drastic changes to correct said issues.

However, the investors could have been the root of the problem in the first place. More then likely they hamstrung the devs into a very narrow mode of thinking to mitigate as much risk as they could in their minds.

Personally I like TOR it just doesn't have longevity but I knew that going in.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by MosesZD

Originally posted by Portland Yes, thats what i want, the main  $cash$ investors of SWTOR should replace the complete lead staff of SWTOR´s marketing and design team. The "money givers" should do that as fast as possible because with the current marketing, design and developement responsibles they have people that all go into the wrong direction and in addition dont even see that. These responsibles fail completly  to accept reality and that they have already lost more than 500k++ sub´s. This game needs fresh meat on the top of the leading positions, they current leading persons are already burned out and blind, not realizing the reality and that they better take part in the team some stairs lower. This game is good and can be turned into a cash cow, even an 18 year old student would know better what to do to safe this game..   My guess is that the current loss isnt 400k anymore its more like 600k-800k+ considering that BW already fires some persons. In the company i work for , the consquences would be 100% clear... i would dare to say that our lead employees would take their hats and leave by themselfs....

Sigh....   You guys are so not accountants...     And it's kind of cute...   But then it's the war of correcting perceptions...

'Decline in subs -- EA's soft sell of the their huge contraction:'  

Prior-period ending subs - current period ending subs = delcine in subs.   1.7 million - 1.3 million = 400K.

This is what they want you to see.  Because it hides the truth of the churn.   What is actually going on:

Total quarterly loss in subscriptions:  Prior-period ending subs + new subs - current period ending subs = total quarterly loss in subs.    1.7 million + 500K new units - 1.3 million = 900K.

They lost 900K of 2.2 million accounts.     But no manager or executive wants to go the board and say we lost 900k customers, which was 43% of our total base, in 70 days.    So they manipulate the perceptions...    400K sounds a crap-load better than losing 900K.   And having smaller drop (400k/1700k (24%))  looks a lot better than a big drop (900k/2200k (43%)).

Sadly, most of the people on the board of directors will be fooled by that.   Most of the public will be fooled by that.  Most of the analysts will be fooled by that.  And to the embarrasment of my profession, most of the CPAs will be fooled by that as well even though we spent years in college learning and applying the second way....   People just do not dig into the details like they should.    And this lack of curiosity...    Well, that's how get Ponzi schemes, Enron and all the rest.   The information is there, but you have to look...   And people don't...

I'm not a CPA or even trained as one. I did sleep in a Holiday Inn a few times. I've mentioned in a couple of posts that they've lost 50% of their players since they've launched. It didn't seem all that relevant when they lost the players. The point was that the 6 month mark seems to be the 50% point for a lot of games. There are a couple notable exceptions but overall...6 months = 50% of the people who bought the game aren't playing any longer. That's not exceptional, that's pretty normal.

It has to be last night. The Holiday Inn effect only lasts for the next day. Now be honest, did you stay at one last night?