Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: The New Free* Trial

2

Comments

  • wehavewehave amsterdamPosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by zizzleyo

    Just canceled the game don't waste your time, not even sure why I did.

     

    The story mode was fun but gets old quick especially in repeating flashppoints (HIT SPACEBAR FOR GOD'S SAKE).

    Crafting is for the most part pointless.

    PVP is stricktly 8v8 4 maps thet get very old really fast.

    PVP servers have no point in this game everything is about arena pvp.

    If you like scripted set role arena pvp it's not bad I guess.

    Flashpoints where ok, but good luck  finding a group with a none cross-server group finder.

    Sadly as bad as Star Wars Galaxies was it still blows this game away.

    It's just another failed WoW clone.

     

    Please stop making WoW clones!

     

     

     

    Funny thing is that if they made the early  Star Wars Galaxies with the money they put innit now they would have blown everything away.

  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

    Wow that was fast. What a desperate cry for help. [mod edit]

    Men, is the most populated p2p MMO but WoW, they just want more poeple buying the game. Almost 2.4 Mill of copies so far, they just want more

    Are you seriously still holding on to that number? Should do a bit of research bub, you've clearly been under a rock.

    "Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

  • thekid1thekid1 GroningenPosts: 789Member

    Meh hype is over. I'll wait till they pay me to play.

  • khelbonkhelbon plaquemine, LAPosts: 102Member

    Bad thing bout this is it will open the door to spam the last few hundred thousand players with "You buy CREDITS?"

     

    Good idea on paper but sadly I dn not see this helping the game long term...

     

     

    image

  • MaxJacMaxJac Another Dimension, CAPosts: 185Member

    I don't think boxes are flying off the shelves anymore. This is a good thing.

  • ZekiahZekiah Aurora, COPosts: 2,499Member

    Still not worth my time. Never will be.

    "Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

  • TheonenoniTheonenoni Lexington, VAPosts: 279Member

    still wouldnt play that garbage. not even if it was Free to play.

    -I am here to perform logic

  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,187Member Uncommon

    I'll try the game if it goes fully F2P, but it doesn't really seem like they're putting in the effort or that they really appreciate their fan base.  The game does not seem worth a sub to me, or at least not a required sub.  F2P plus a sub option would do this game good in my opinion.

    Cryptic with STO has, in my opinion, worked really hard to improve that game and it's a high quality F2P title worth the download time and bandwidth.  The game is worth playing.

    Trion shows time and again that not only do they appreciate their fan base, but they're also working hard to improve their game and give the players what they want.  Trion's unlimited trial (to level 20) seems much more inviting with the main restrictions being a plat limit, no epic gear, and some mailing limits.

    The free trial from Bioware doesn't seem very inviting to me.  There is a lot more of what you can't do than what you can.

  • AethaerynAethaeryn Kitchener, ONPosts: 1,971Member Uncommon

    I am playing the trial now and having fun.  Likely I will try a few classes out until 15 and then move on though as some other things are coming out along with some new alpha/beta testing.

    IF there were not so many games in the pipe I might have even bought it after playing to 15 just as a single player game experience.  I think it is a great idea and will likely be responsible for a few subs.

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon

    I'm not putting another penny to anything to do with LucasArts.  If the next Star Wars game was the best game ever I would shoot myself in the face before buying it.

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

  • AethaerynAethaeryn Kitchener, ONPosts: 1,971Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by eyelolled

    I'm not putting another penny to anything to do with LucasArts.  If the next Star Wars game was the best game ever I would shoot myself in the face before buying it.

    Yeah but then you would buy it :P

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • evolver1972evolver1972 Port Orchard, WAPosts: 1,118Member

    Damn, if they would have done this to begin with, I may have jumped at it.  Or, if they had done B2P, I wouldhave bought it.

     

    Now it's pretty much too late for me.  After reading about all the issues they have, seeing how EA is treating their customers, and the imminent release of GW2, I won't even bother trying it out at this point.

     

    That's too bad, I had high hopes for this game, it being Star Wars and all.

    image

    You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

    Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Vista, CAPosts: 650Member Uncommon

    I have played SWTOR since beta to this day, I am done.  I held out as long as I could but it is just going to get worse before it gets better.

     

    The Legacy System which was one of the main reasons I stuck around to help give playing alts a little more fun (doing all of the same content over and over and over is not fun).  But all it was a MASSIVE credit sink.  Also, about 95% of the legacy abilities are complete garbage.  1.3 legacy perks seemed lke a great idea but it isn't for your legacy at all, its a seperate character only credit sink shoved into the fail legacy system.

     

    So I looked passed the sinks and was hopeful for the server merges for the LFG tool.  I got pushed onto a server I didn't want and then lost every single name I had since early access and my legacy name.  FUN!!1!

     

    Ok so now the 5 servers are healthy again, horray! But I still had to wait from 30 minutes to 3 hours to get a flashpoint to pop and I was qued as a tank/damage.  Because the majority of the population is sitting on their 50's in the fleet grinding warzones and hardmodes.

     

    I just wish that Bioware had waited another year to released the game.  It would of given them (WITH A FULL TEAM) time to iron out the bugs, add the current level of content, put in basic mmo features like the ui customization, the lfg tool (CROSS SERVER), rated wz's, color matching system, and who knows what else.  Maybe even a real space system.

     

    Then after all this time of nerfing the living shit out of classes like operative for example they realized oh... the massive bursts are coming from adrenals,relics, and warzone buffs... maybe we should disable those in pvp? NO SHIT

     

    Then there's the lack of communication with the community.  Complete lack of communication.  They completely ignore anyone who tests the upcoming patches on the PTS and push it to live servers with any bugs that we found and reported.  And if enough of us agree that something is strange or should be changed to make quality of life better for players (1.3 legacy, lfg tool) they ignore it completely.  But they sure love to reply to threads about how awesome they are.

     

    I can't fuckin take it anymore.  Oh and the damn 1.3 legacy xp boost perks just add back in the xp they nerfed when the game first launched.  Warzones, Space Missions xp got nerfed shortly after launch, and now you can buy it back for millions of credits!

     

    Farewell sweet star wars

    Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

  • ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 8,063Member

    I wish I had this shrill Max Keiser-voice: "IT'S THE FRIGGING GAME, NOT THE PAYMENT, DOOFUS!"

    People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

  • DunkareDunkare NottellingPosts: 33Member

    pay me to make me play again this game you must.

  • rockraprockrap LidcombePosts: 7Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

    I have played SWTOR since beta to this day, I am done.  I held out as long as I could but it is just going to get worse before it gets better.

     

    The Legacy System which was one of the main reasons I stuck around to help give playing alts a little more fun (doing all of the same content over and over and over is not fun).  But all it was a MASSIVE credit sink.  Also, about 95% of the legacy abilities are complete garbage.  1.3 legacy perks seemed lke a great idea but it isn't for your legacy at all, its a seperate character only credit sink shoved into the fail legacy system.

     

    So I looked passed the sinks and was hopeful for the server merges for the LFG tool.  I got pushed onto a server I didn't want and then lost every single name I had since early access and my legacy name.  FUN!!1!

     

    Ok so now the 5 servers are healthy again, horray! But I still had to wait from 30 minutes to 3 hours to get a flashpoint to pop and I was qued as a tank/damage.  Because the majority of the population is sitting on their 50's in the fleet grinding warzones and hardmodes.

     

    I just wish that Bioware had waited another year to released the game.  It would of given them (WITH A FULL TEAM) time to iron out the bugs, add the current level of content, put in basic mmo features like the ui customization, the lfg tool (CROSS SERVER), rated wz's, color matching system, and who knows what else.  Maybe even a real space system.

     

    Then after all this time of nerfing the living shit out of classes like operative for example they realized oh... the massive bursts are coming from adrenals,relics, and warzone buffs... maybe we should disable those in pvp? NO SHIT

     

    Then there's the lack of communication with the community.  Complete lack of communication.  They completely ignore anyone who tests the upcoming patches on the PTS and push it to live servers with any bugs that we found and reported.  And if enough of us agree that something is strange or should be changed to make quality of life better for players (1.3 legacy, lfg tool) they ignore it completely.  But they sure love to reply to threads about how awesome they are.

     

    I can't fuckin take it anymore.  Oh and the damn 1.3 legacy xp boost perks just add back in the xp they nerfed when the game first launched.  Warzones, Space Missions xp got nerfed shortly after launch, and now you can buy it back for millions of credits!

     

    Farewell sweet star wars


    ^ This

  • daltaniousdaltanious waPosts: 2,142Member Uncommon

    Is more then sufficient for testing purposes to play up to lv. 15. 

    Playing since first day and still having blast day after day leveling my alts (12).

    But if you want full menu in some good restaurant ... guess nobody should expect to get it free. :-)

  • berlightberlight almadaPosts: 156Member

    Keep trying EA!!!! maybe when all content its free :)

     

    Beta tester maniac

  • cylon8cylon8 lodi, NJPosts: 333Member Uncommon

    once i change my router and it turns out it was blocking the port that swtor uses i didn't bother to re-subscribe. the game is like a high rez nights of the old republic. I had no interest in the pvp aspects. there wasn't much incentive to explore what felt like a truly lifeless world. The inexperience in mmo building that Bioware show and their lack of understanding of how to code the hero engine..and engine that may i add has bee used by other devs to much greater effect, I just feel incredibly let down. STO redemmed themselves by at least trying to fix what was broke.  Bioware buts on their money colored glasses and just  denies that the game is flawed and frankly  boring once you have expended your character story. All the ip really meant was a nice fat cash payout for bioware once they courted EA.  After that do they even have to try to create wothwhile games?  Everyone slams sony but  to stand there and defend tor is welll i dunno ...ignorant

    so say we all

  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,447Member Uncommon

    I will resub when...

    1. Unlock ACs, give us way more freedom on how and what we play

    2. Dual or Quad spec, again more freedom

    3. Balance the classes, why do tanking Companions mitigate damage better then my JC Tank? Why when I lay down 3 taunts and been tanking a NPC for 30 seconds can a companion can pull a mob off me the second it shows up with its first attack? 

    4. UI custimization

    5. Balance the factions, did the server transfer and its 1 republic vs 3-4 empire in open world

    6. Remove the gear grind 

    7. Make PvP skill based not gear based, like you promised

    This is just a few off the top of my head and the reasons I quit. Ooo wait, GW2 has everything in my list and its P2P, hmmm guess BioWare knows what else they need to do!!!! 15 bucks a month for this game is to high a cost!


    =-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 


  • DesignedcomaDesignedcoma Westland, MIPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

    Wow that was fast. What a desperate cry for help. [mod edit]

    WoW offers 20 levels for free.  Is that a desperate cry for help too?

    No, you expect that for a game to do a few years after release, because it's getting old, not 6 months in. It's a sign of failure.

    Agreed!! Its a shame though, I had such great hopes for this game. I like many loved it from beta but things changed after launch. I played until 50 and have not gone back since. WoW started with a 7 day I think and then went to free to level 10. I did the to level 10 and was hooked and have been playing ever since. I do only pay cards right now as I work nights so not much time to play but still like going in there and playing. 

  • DesignedcomaDesignedcoma Westland, MIPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by Dunkare

    pay me to make me play again this game you must.

     

    LOL!! Love it

  • MMOarQQMMOarQQ BoogalululuPosts: 636Member

    Warning me for having a laugh at the BS 8.7 rating?

    So ahead, just permaban the account. Make yourselves look even better.

  • guernica88guernica88 Cheyenne, WYPosts: 4Member
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

    I will resub when...

    1. Unlock ACs, give us way more freedom on how and what we play

    2. Dual or Quad spec, again more freedom

    3. Balance the classes, why do tanking Companions mitigate damage better then my JC Tank? Why when I lay down 3 taunts and been tanking a NPC for 30 seconds can a companion can pull a mob off me the second it shows up with its first attack? 

    4. UI custimization

    5. Balance the factions, did the server transfer and its 1 republic vs 3-4 empire in open world

    6. Remove the gear grind 

    7. Make PvP skill based not gear based, like you promised

    This is just a few off the top of my head and the reasons I quit. Ooo wait, GW2 has everything in my list and its P2P, hmmm guess BioWare knows what else they need to do!!!! 15 bucks a month for this game is to high a cost!

    1. I personally don't want this. I think having a non reversible choice is a good thing.

    2. I agree. Dual is enough for me but some may want Quad for some crazy reason.

    3. Your JC tank isn't geared or something? this doesn't seem right but maybe i'm just not experienced with JC tanking.

    4. This is in the game and is very deep IMO. You can move and scale anything on your screen.

    5. Sadly I think this will always be present in any faction based game. It won't matter how many factions there are, but things can be done to make this something that isn't a hinderance.

    6. This is somewhat needed for endgame is it not?

    7. This would be nice but I guess this it what games like dota2 are for (That's where I go at least)

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,757Member Uncommon

    OK so after the F2P to lvl 15 went live i logged in for a few minutes and everything was fine. Now about 5 minutes ago i tried to log back in and the launcher says that i dont have an active subscription to play Swtor?...... EAWARE stop doing that, im not paying for this game. Let me play my F2P to lvl 15 !!!!!!

    -.-

    image
2
Sign In or Register to comment.