Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Warband Screens Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine and the Lord of the Rings Online team have released several new screenshots from the upcoming Riders of Rohan expansion. The screens feature warbands, roving groups of mounted monsters.

Check out the new screens in our Lord of the Rings Online screenshot gallery.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Hmmm, seems cool.. xpac and new content is better than none..
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

More hype and no critiques.  Nice PR for LOTRO I guess.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

No offense, but what is their to critique about this specific story?  It's just a news heading mentioning new screenshots of an upcoming expansion..

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by crysent

No offense, but what is their to critique about this specific story?  It's just a news heading mentioning new screenshots of an upcoming expansion..

All I EVER see is hype and PR for this game that went down the crapper.  That's the point.  They either have no one that plays the game or they just want to keep the ads coming.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Turbine and the Lord of the Rings Online team have released several new screenshots from the upcoming Riders of Rohan expansion. The screens feature warbands, roving groups of mounted monsters.

Check out the new screens in our Lord of the Rings Online screenshot gallery.

Damn you! For a brief moment there the way your title was worded I thought it was going to be to do with like a Lord of the Rings mount and blade xD

I know theres a mod already but still..

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Frodo, most of our news from every game comes from press releases. They email us stuff they want to share, and we share it.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

The prospect of mounted combat is exciting. I just barely joined the game a few days ago. It has been a lot of fun and I like that you earn turbine points for completing deeds. The standard rule applies though, don't take the journey alone or you will burn out.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

All I EVER see is hype and PR for this game that went down the crapper.  That's the point.  They either have no one that plays the game or they just want to keep the ads coming.

Huh?  Lotro has a thriving playerbase.  Sure there are some who have gotten tired of the game, but Turbine has plenty of new players entering the game.  Looking forward to the expansion.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Its not like Turbine has made riding a horse "realistic" in LOTRO. 

Horses in LOTRO are some of the worst I've ever seen in a video game.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

You obviously aren't very familiar with LOTRO if you think no one plays this game.  It's a very popular game and Turbine, despite some missteps, has done a fine job with it.  

It's still one of the best MMOs out there, IMO, even with the boring combat.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

New content, new region and one more step closer to Mordor.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Its not like Turbine has made riding a horse "realistic" in LOTRO. 

Horses in LOTRO are some of the worst I've ever seen in a video game.

Actually, they are some of the best I have seen.  If you cannot find a horse to suit you in this game you are very picky as there are more varieties than any other MMO.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

You obviously aren't very familiar with LOTRO if you think no one plays this game.  It's a very popular game and Turbine, despite some missteps, has done a fine job with it.  

It's still one of the best MMOs out there, IMO, even with the boring combat.

I have no clue what the player base looks like now. I know before it went free to play it was in the toilet.  I know a lot of folks like me who played during the soa days left at that point. They got a new type of player playing the game now.  I have to ask have they added any servers?  How is the server population now.  I know now and then i read tidbits, I know they were about to screw over their player base by making them buy the expansion without the raids and add them later, but chained their mind.

• ravenclaw77ravenclaw77 Member Posts: 8

Best MMO in my opinion and I've played every big title and a number of smaller more indie mmo's. Yes, they added 4 servers when they went free to play. People who left the game because they went free to play really only hurt themselves, the game did not suffer at all in my opinion and only thrived. My fear was all the immature players that would come in to the game. The reality is the community only got better. Experienced players were more than willing to help newer players and everything stayed nice and polite for the most part. 

Most F2P games cost more than sub games with all the microtransactions, but for my money, LotRO is the most playable for free of any game. Atlantica Online was also pretty playable for free if you didn't care about winning the CL (competitive PVP). The mounts, cloaks, and other graphics in the game are better than any other MMO hands down. 

I've seen complaints about the combat but it kicks that other big game's combat by a long shot -- you can't just sit still and spam skills in combat, or buy better gear to get through tougher content. You actually have to learn and play well. The economy is fantastic too -- I don't know how they completely avoid inflation. Prices for most things haven't changed in the 5+ years the game's been out. Probably mostly because players can't flood the market, and don't have near infinite space to hold on to things, so you have more pressure to sell and more fair competition.

I loved Blizzard before Activision bought them. I hated Cataclysm and Diablo 3, and I expect to greatly dislike MoP. By contrast, I still love Turbine even after the WB buyout. I've loved every expansion and expect to fully enjoy RoR.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Why does this website have horrible image code in their galleries? I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here but loading the entire page per image is not efficient or modern. Would love to see it updated. Most sites use the java code that makes a temp popup in the same page without loading the entire thing ads and all per click of each image.

Like the post btw but I don't think I'll be returning considering the enormous price this expansion has on it.