Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is the best mud game

eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

that is right I want to get down and dirty in the mud so to speak, no graphics just pure role play with great quests

Comments

• MikeTheSaintMikeTheSaint Member Posts: 74

Have you ever read any of Terry Pratchetts "Discworld" series?  You will love discworld.atuin.net if you have. If you havent it's still an awesome MUD which stands out from the crowd.

I can't sell it enough. Theres just so much detail and so many skills. They have flawlessly recreated the universe and the humour from the 40 or so books it's based on. 

If you do check it out drop me a line and I'll take you on a pub crawl of the city of Ankh-Morpork 

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by MikeTheSaint

Have you ever read any of Terry Pratchetts "Discworld" series?  You will love discworld.atuin.net if you have. If you havent it's still an awesome MUD which stands out from the crowd.

I can't sell it enough. Theres just so much detail and so many skills. They have flawlessly recreated the universe and the humour from the 40 or so books it's based on. 

If you do check it out drop me a line and I'll take you on a pub crawl of the city of Ankh-Morpork 

I tried to play but could not connect, it asked me for my user name and password but not to create a password

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

My advice is to use one of the MUD search engines to find a place that fits your desires.  Use The MUD Connector and Top MUD Sites to find a game.  I find that TMC's search engine is much more robust and can help you find games catering to specific needs, but both lists are good to keep up with.

I've had great RP experiences with several MUDs, but it really depends on what kind of setting you want to RP in.  If you need any help finding specific things, you can always PM me and I'd be happy to help you out.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

thanks for the advise

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I blew years on Avendar. Not quite as big population wise but the world is entirely original and enforced roleplaying with open PvP/Loot etc. I could go on for days why this game is so much better than any MMO to date but oh well.

I don't know how the population is doing these days - I almost rolled up a character because I simply loved the classes in that game, but then I decided to go with Darkfall which seems like a MUD in 3D.

• Model192Model192 Member UncommonPosts: 62
  • NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

You can always give Wheel Of Time mud (wotmud) a go.

It's although a pk mud with a steep learning curve but rp is enforced there. If rp is your stuff and you know the world created by R. Jordan you can always join one of the pure rp clans in there. (wisdoms, white tower, gleeman)