Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

What the hell Funcom? You let me make a retail account with the same name as my Buddy key account?

ExavusExavus Kenai, AKPosts: 200Member

So now when I try to login it thinks i'm trying to login to my buddy key account and says "authentication failure". When I went to my account options for TSW the dropdown menu had my account listed twice, so I assume this is why I can't login to the game after buying it.

Great. and their customer service is packed full of tickets.

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• SorrowSorrow St Pete, FLPosts: 1,195Member

Wait you are blaming them because you chose to make a buddy account and put the same username and password and now you are mad at them for it?

• ExavusExavus Kenai, AKPosts: 200Member
    Originally posted by Sorrow
    Wait you are blaming them because you chose to make a buddy account and put the same username and password and now you are mad at them for it?

Actually I am just upset they let me make an account that already exists and the system is confused that i'm trying to login. Things like this shouldn't happen for a company that has experience in the MMO market. I want to play and I can't because of an issue they're having. From my point of view I simply upgraded my buddy account, but what really happened was I made a second account with the same name(which shouldn't have even been doable).

UPDATE:

I opened up a live chat and got a response in about 5 minutes time and they resolved the problem. I take back my frustration and Funcom actually responded quickly to me to fix the problem. 

+1 to customer service.

Originally posted by IIIcurrier
    [mod edit]

Trion (rift) does a fantastic job, just not the game for me.

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 10,260Member Epic
    [mod edit]

Yeah, AC1 -- turbine.  That's a real winner of a comany.

Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.
  • timtracktimtrack StockholmPosts: 456Member Uncommon

And now to the important part: What did you learn from this?

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon
    [mod edit]

You say this yet he said he contated customer services and got it sorted within 5 mins..

To me thats bloody good service...

Originally posted by timtrack

To wait a few moments before freaking out lol

• timtracktimtrack StockholmPosts: 456Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Exavus
    Originally posted by timtrack

To wait a few moments before freaking out lol

I'm so proud of you i could cry!

• SpendrikSpendrik SingaporePosts: 39Member

Question for OP: how long did the buddy key last? 24 hours in-game, or real-time?

Deciding whether to save it for the weekend, to maximize play time.