Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is TSW's questing the best for a MMO to date?

As the title states I am wondering if anyone else feels this is the best questing ever amassed for a MMO?  

If not please share what game has done it better?

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Easily.

Anyone who says its not, is just being cynical and probably dislikes the game for <insert reason>.

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144

If you say "no" you haven't done an investigation quest, and had to pick out small details and actually figure something out, instead of "5 pigs... located over there? got it. I'll go kill those 5 pigs."

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Easily.

Anyone who says its not, is just being cynical and probably dislikes the game for .

Or they see it for what it is and that it's the same old collect 10 rats crap.  While they are intresting but it really is a repeat of the same old quests that have been done over 100 times.  They provide an intresting twist with investigations but all in all not the greatest questing experiance.  in fact found it rather boring towards the end of Kingsound as it became a "been there, done that" kind of thing and it closed off the player to everyone else.

• VeldaraVeldara Member UncommonPosts: 30

Tough to say, not counting the Investigation MIssions I would say TSW and GW2 are equal to each other.  I like not always having to run back to the mission giver and just getting a mail or in TSW's case, a cellphone text.  With the Investigation Missions I can't really say it's the best since I don't know any other MMO that has something like this but I do enjoy doing them immensely.  They offer a unique challenge and I would hope future MMO titles take lessons from this game.
    Originally posted by Ambros123

Easily.

Anyone who says its not, is just being cynical and probably dislikes the game for .

Or they see it for what it is and that it's the same old collect 10 rats crap.  While they are intresting but it really is a repeat of the same old quests that have been done over 100 times.  They provide an intresting twist with investigations but all in all not the greatest questing experiance.  in fact found it rather boring towards the end of Kingsound as it became a "been there, done that" kind of thing and it closed off the player to everyone else.

^

Doesn't even understand the question.  He's just.... gasp... being negative.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

Yes, the quests feel hand crafted with a lot of variety and thought.  Only having a few at a time makes me pay attention to what's happening rather than the sleep walking through hubs.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Not even close. It's far too inconsistent and the combat isn't enjoyable.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

The questing simply is the best up to today.
    There is no other mmo out with such a quality and diversity of quests!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• DarkWaysDarkWays Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

How are the quests inconsistent?  

As far as the combat I'd say its status quo is it not?

Tab based combat has been norm to me dating back to my DAoC days.  I would call the combat average myself nothing good or bad to it IMO.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

It is because you have to think about some things. Like to get the code for the dirty laundry quest requires additional investigation to something you would have missed otherwise. Other examples you have to jump at certain things that are out of reach and sometimes go out the way just to get something like a surveilance camera for example.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

So which game has better quests?

Name one.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

this game its so populated that mmorpg still have key left ....if it were other game it would be gone by now and still a week and half and 400 key left ;/.

play the beta and really dont like much or better say im not gonna pay for a f2p quality game.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Its the best Ive played without counting GW2 since its not out yet. Come back in a month and you'll probably see a lot more no's.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Not even a question. TSW has given hope to the Themepark MMO genre, when there previously was none. As much as I've been hyped for GW2 for years, TSW is a better game. Ya, I can't believe I'm saying it either.

Joined - July 2004

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

Name one.

SWTOR , Guild wars 2

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Combat has absolutely nothing to do with the questing...

Originally posted by Sebber

Name one.

SWTOR , Guild wars 2

GW2 will totally redo the way we view questing, but its notr released yet.  So its a non contender.  And i would not even mind to see some of the high quallity quests of TSW back in GW2, not to many, just 2 or 3 questchains in every area.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

I am going to be nit picky and answer the question in the title and NOT the question you are asking in your post.

In my opinion, is TSW's questing the best for a MMO to date?  No.  More on this in a minute.

Is it good?  Well...aside from my issues with the UI, it is alright.  I don't like TSW's UI, so I am probably being negatively biased by that fact.  Having to actually investigate stuff to do a quest is interesting though.

Ok, the minute's up.

Here is why i don't think that TSW's questing is the best for MMOs.  MMOs are ALL about other people (I mean, why play them if you are going to be playing alone) and quests should reflect that.  Most MMOs have this problem, and mostly this issue is so ignored that it is a non issue, but a couple of games have tried to do something about it.

WAR, with PQs, Rift, with rifts, and the upcoming GW2, with DEs.  Implementation and overall success of the game aside, these are attempting to make questing a more massively multiplayer thing, as opposed to a hold over from single player games.

Honestly though, If people are liking TSW's questing, and it is better than previous game's questing to them, great.  It just doesn't meet my obviously narrow interpretation of what is good for MMOs.  I like GW2's better, but that isn't really anything other than my opinion, as I like many parts of GW2 more than TSW.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

TSW questing is the best.

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88

Name one.

SWTOR , Guild wars 2

LOL

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

Well, I think the missio nsystem in TSW doesn't suit everyone. Judging from general chat (even in beta) not everyone likes to solve riddles or use Google and pen & paper to do so.

But for me the answer is definately: Yes!

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Insofar as actually making me care about them & introducing me to the setting, definitely. There are a few fedex / kill ten rats quests, but they're generally few and far between, or relegated to side quest status, meaning they can be done alongside your main quest.

This game gets so much right it's scary. Literally. Had a fog roll in tonight and after Kingsmouth, it was definitely a bit more unsettling than usual, heh.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Name one.

SWTOR , Guild wars 2

GW2 doesn't have quests

SWTOR had less variation than WoW for quests. It really was quite limited and ultimately it was disappointing to see the limited quests from BioWare.

TSW easily has the best quests I've seen in an mmo.

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

GW2 doesn't have quests

SWTOR had less variation than WoW for quests. It really was quite limited and ultimately it was disappointing to see the limited quests from BioWare.

TSW easily has the best quests I've seen in an mmo.

So because the quest in GW2 are so good, we can't call them "quest" anymore?

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Yes but why so many buuuugs x.x  Even with all the glitches that will get smoothed out, this blow any other story driven questing out of the water.

Name one.

SWTOR , Guild wars 2

Lol.

SW:TOR?  Nice.

I don't think so.