Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When can we expect official Forums?

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Just as title requests, the website has been updated, but no official forums yet (unless Im missing something). Looking forward to contributing to the ESO community!

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Here ya go. They are not easy to find :)

TESO Forums

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by burdock2

Just as title requests, the website has been updated, but no official forums yet (unless Im missing something). Looking forward to contributing to the ESO community!

Looks like it's more busy here. :)

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Considering the bad feedback the game is getting, don't expect the official forums any time soon.

I believe Zenimax went in damage control mode,.

They are taking some time off the limelight to rethink some of the basics.

A TES game that plays like WoW is definetly not the impression you wanna give to the crowd, but that's what most people perceived.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by ste2000

Considering the bad feedback the game is getting, don't expect the official forums any time soon.

A TES game that plays like WoW is definetly not the impression you wanna give to the crowd, but that's what most people perceived.

"I hope you're right, I really do." - Lt. Ellen Ripley

Either that or they just put their heads in the sand and will re-emerge when their beta starts with the same, tired, boring crap they've already shown and hope by then everyone's forgotten.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

The official Forums are up and active.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Originally posted by ZigZags

The official Forums are up and active.

The Bethsoft forums are temporary.  There is a sticky that says the the official elderscrollsonline.com site will have official forums sometime in the future.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Pretty much. Once the Official Forums go live, I would expect the levels of QQ that have never been seen before. Well almost.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

Pretty much. Once the Official Forums go live, I would expect the levels of QQ that have never been seen before. Well almost.

I personally think you're going to see a rather empty forum, with the only the same small handfull of people who really don't care about playing the same game over and over posting on them.

They'll be modding out every bit of negativety they come across once the official forums go up.

And I wouldn't be suprised if they tout on about how many people registered forum accounts with them either, in an effort to spin some sort of good news about the game; no matter how irrelevant it is.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Uhwop

I personally think you're going to see a rather empty forum, with the only the same small handfull of people who really don't care about playing the same game over and over posting on them.

They'll be modding out every bit of negativety they come across once the official forums go up.

And I wouldn't be suprised if they tout on about how many people registered forum accounts with them either, in an effort to spin some sort of good news about the game; no matter how irrelevant it is.

Good I hope so. What games don't. Trolls are free to run rampant here so this is where most end up. Most mods only take out the useless banter that people like to post up that has no meaning to the game. So when you (not you just saying in general) get banned, there is probably a good reason.

Originally posted by Fearum

Good I hope so. What games don't. Trolls are free to run rampant here so this is where most end up. Most mods only take out the useless banter that people like to post up that has no meaning to the game. So when you (not you just saying in general) get banned, there is probably a good reason.

I'm not talking about trolling though, but legitimate critism. 

Most people are NOT happy with what they've heard about the game.  The majority respoonce so far has been negative.  ZeniO is not going to want a forum full of negative critique about the game for the next year leading up to release, and that's pretty much what they'll get. 

Forums are your early word of mouth advertise.  They aren't going to want people going to the official one and seeing that most of the people posting there aren't happy with what they're doing with the game; that means lots of heavy moderation. 

The small handfull of you that have no problem with an ES MMO that is just another typical MMO would not have a problem with an ES MMO that is made more like any other ES RPG.  Most of you guys played one of the ES games, and probably enjoyed it.  Why settle for less of a game?

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Most people are NOT happy with what they've heard about the game.  The majority respoonce so far has been negative.  ZeniO is not going to want a forum full of negative critique about the game for the next year leading up to release, and that's pretty much what they'll get. 

Forums are your early word of mouth advertise.  They aren't going to want people going to the official one and seeing that most of the people posting there aren't happy with what they're doing with the game; that means lots of heavy moderation. 

The small handfull of you that have no problem with an ES MMO that is just another typical MMO would not have a problem with an ES MMO that is made more like any other ES RPG.  Most of you guys played one of the ES games, and probably enjoyed it.  Why settle for less of a game?

I wouldnt be surprised if they end up canceling it. That said, its fairly clear they do not have the intelligence for self reflection and more than likely will go ahead guns blazing. it can be frustrating watching 10x my future retirement in dollars being spent on something that everyone but the ones holding the cash know will be an total failure.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

I enjoyed Skyrim yes, but I got bored playing it after awhile. I think your making assumptions that most people are unhappy. I tend to think that most people don't care one bit, they just want a fun game to play. If you think a majority of people that actually play games post on forums like this one, your diluted. 

I enjoyed Skyrim yes, but I got bored playing it after awhile. I think your making assumptions that most people are unhappy. I tend to think that most people don't care one bit, they just want a fun game to play. If you think a majority of people that actually play games post on forums like this one, your diluted. 

You do realize that doesn't matter, right?

Let's take the Mass Effect 3 debacle for example.  The outcry over that might have been a minority or a majority.  It doesn't matter.  The fact is it SEEMED like a majority.  It was all about the impression.

If you look at most any article or interview or video regarding ESO, the comments are overwhelmingly negative.  Youtube video like/dislike ratio is especially telling.

You can't discount the only record of public opinion just because "itz de internutz," what else are they supposed to use as a guage?  Or are they supposed to make the assumption "most people probably don't care."

In fact Paul Sage said early on that people "not caring" is the worst thing they could imagine.  If people are raging on the forums at least they care about the game.  I'm paraphrasing but that was his sentiment.  That was right after the first reactions came out from the GI article.  Not sure he was prepared for how overwhelming it became.

That, and major news outlets are saying similar things to the naysayers.  A few are doing their best to spin positive, but they are failing pretty miserably.

Even Game Informer, arguably ZOS' number one cheerleader, didn't even MENTION ESO when talking about their "best of E3."

The only place where ESO won anything was on THIS site, which has a rule that no game can win something twice.

If you aren't willing to read the writing on the wall, or you insist that all of this ire is premature, that's fine.  You may be right, but the majority of people in the world don't care and the majority of people who don't care won't play anyway, so bringing up some nebulous, silent majority doesn't help the discussion.

The fact is, the naysayers outnumber the defenders in almost unprecedented numbers.

I haven't seen this amount of widespread doomsaying since SWG's NGE/CU.  And guess what, the vocal naysayers were right about that one too.

Also, if you're bored with Skyrim, I suggest looking into modding it.  There is some amazing stuff out there.  Single-player games will inevitably get boring after a while because, even in something as vast as TES, it is eventually going to run out of new content.  An MMORPG on the other hand, if designed right, can keep you going forever.  Just hopefully not with ad nauseum raids and endless, unwinnable PvP (although I am pretty damn excited for Planetside 2).

Fist, I'd really appreciate it if you would explain to me how I'm "diluted". 

Who said anything about "this" forum? 

This is hardly the only forum I visit, let alone the only news site.  The negativety is EVERYWHERE.  If you don't believe that you're simply choosing ignorance over fact or very delusional.

BTW, you should just put me on block, because responding to me really doesn't help your position in the slightest. You're only reaffirming who exactly it is that they want to play the game.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I wouldnt be surprised if they end up canceling it. That said, its fairly clear they do not have the intelligence for self reflection and more than likely will go ahead guns blazing. it can be frustrating watching 10x my future retirement in dollars being spent on something that everyone but the ones holding the cash know will be an total failure.

They can't and they won't..........unfortunately.

The game is (surprisinly) 5 years in the making and almost finished, ETA release 2013.

Which is really bad, a MMO which use an IP as popular as TES should have employed a lot of focus groups made by TES loyal players before going full developement and getting everything wrong.

Now it is too late, they now realise that when people will play TESO they will compared it with Skyrim (It is going to happen no matter what) and the MMO will come out battered to death by the comparison.

Anyway they will pretend everything is fine and they will start a marketing campaign to cover their design mistakes.

The game will sell millions anyway, because it is a TES game, but subscriptions will fall to less than 500K in 2 months.

Mind you it looks like the game it is designed to be a F2P MMO anyway............................yes, you are doing a great job Zenimax.

Fist, I'd really appreciate it if you would explain to me how I'm "diluted". 

Who said anything about "this" forum? 

This is hardly the only forum I visit, let alone the only news site.  The negativety is EVERYWHERE.  If you don't believe that you're simply choosing ignorance over fact or very delusional.

BTW, you should just put me on block, because responding to me really doesn't help your position in the slightest. You're only reaffirming who exactly it is that they want to play the game.

You are on block already, you rarely ever post anything worth reading. Who are you? Self proclaimed mayor of dipshits, with the helping my position comment Im not sure where you going with that. My position is my own and I could careless about what you or others think. Forums are not hard evidence on anything, its just all opinions. Its fun asking the negative people questions because their answers are usually pretty laughable.

There are MILLIONS of elder scrolls fans and to say a majority are butt hurt like some of you here is just yes, delusional.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

They can't and they won't..........unfortunately.

The game is (surprisinly) 5 years in the making and almost finished, ETA release 2013.

Which is really bad, a MMO which use an IP as popular as TES should have employed a lot of focus groups made by TES loyal players before going full developement and getting everything wrong.

Now it is too late, they now realise that when people will play TESO they will compared it with Skyrim (It is going to happen no matter what) and the MMO will come out battered to death by the comparison.

Anyway they will pretend everything is fine and they will start a marketing campaign to cover their design mistakes.

The game will sell millions anyway, because it is a TES game, but subscriptions will fall to less than 500K in 2 months.

Mind you it looks like the game it is designed to be a F2P MMO anyway............................yes, you are doing a great job Zenimax.

I wouldnt be surprised to if it turns out that the majority of players for their game will have never played TES games before and the only reason they tried it is because it was at walmart with a huge sign and walmart is the only store 20 miles from anything.

That is my guess anyway.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ShadowedMareShadowedMare Member Posts: 30

I'm not a fan of official forums, they become too impersonal. That's why I've decided to start making fansites of my favorite games. This way ideas from the community are actually seen and implemented. 

The Shadowed Mare - A Tavern North of Caldera and an Elder Scrolls Online Fansite and Forums.