Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Game with action oriented combat till GW2

JazKW347JazKW347 Member Posts: 54

I'm looking for a game to hold me over till GW2 comes out, I prefer action and skill oriented games rather than the classic "press button, attack, repeat till either of you dies." I want something with action. I've tried Champions online and also various hack n' slash games but CO has been taken over and raped by Imperfect World and most hack n' slashers are Pay to win or pay/play to rent. Does anybody know of a fun free game that isn't tainted with those unsavory things, mind you this is just till GW2 is released. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

DDO? DCU?

The best action oriented game is really TERA but it have a monthly fee (and rather stupid story). It do look great and are pretty fun to play though.

But DDO do have dodging and similar mechanics and is actually pretty fun if you start with a few friends at least. Soloing sucks in it and PUGs are kinda annoying as well.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Vindictus.

• JazKW347JazKW347 Member Posts: 54

I've tried DDO, didn't like it too much to stick with it though. As for Tera, i dont have the money to play that game.

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

I had a good time with Vindictus for a short time (it gets very repetitive) so that might be able to entertain you until GW2.

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

C9 open beta just came out. Looks decent. Then there's Dragon Nest and of course Vindictus.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• JazKW347JazKW347 Member Posts: 54

I'll give C9 a look, haven't really touched it or the company that runs it so it is a little fresh. lets hope its not bruised and brown on the inside.

Any other suggestions?

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Tera's combat has made it really difficult to go back to standard MMOs, since it is so engaging.

Free trial http://tera.enmasse.com/demo

edit - sorry it isn't free, but still fun, and sometimes you can find the game for half price

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

There's not a whole lot of action MMO's to choose from, I'm holding out for RaiderZ but I'll be playing GW2 by then so I guess it won't matter.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...