Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnar's State of the Game Post

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Hey guy

There is 2 or 3 different threads about thesame general topic right now.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by laserit

Hey guy

There is 2 or 3 different threads about thesame general topic right now.

Hey "guy"

I was a bit late and didn't notice it since it was buried... but thanks.

• ExpiryExpiry Member UncommonPosts: 76

darn shame that this is a 3 faction game with no open world PvP. I just have a hard time playing a game that has no open PvP purpose - just instanced warzones. The game is awesome... I just cant get into it :(

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89

Happy to hear about the Dungeon finder , been playing for a week and havn't even run a dungeon yet :(

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Ragnar has been posting to that thread quite a bit today and has a lot of other tidbits not mentioned in the main post. If you have time page through and read his replies :)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Isn't it a little early for Funcom to have a state of the game address??

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

The other post about it is top ofthe most recent posts but nevermind. Dungeon finder sounds good to me, I was liking no dugeon finder at first but now I haven't been able to get a group for the last 2 days and would rather just join a queue at this stage.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Theocritus

Isn't it a little early for Funcom to have a state of the game address??

Welcome to the world of modern MMO's !

Ragnar's post was made now because there seem to be a lot of people posting on the official forums that they are worried about the amount of content in the game at launch, and how soon new content will be added.

I suppose it's because there's no clearly definable "level-cap" for people to grind towards, so many are saying that once you've finished the main story, you've finished all the content. And of course there's a often quoted rumour about a player who managed to finish the main story in 24 hours of game play....

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299

I bet it feels good being able to work on new content after launch rather than spending a year trying to get the game playable.  Smooth launches do have their benefits.

Sounds good and the new content on a monthly basis is hard to believe but a fantastic idea...especially starting before the first month is up.  Not sure any game has ever done that.

If they can stick to their guns and deliver new bug free content every month, keep adding more themepark rides at the end add a WORKING LFG TOOL, all while getting the base content bug free and fixing the gear manager...this game will have the markings of a fantastic game all over it....one that continues to grow rather than shrink then grow with free members like a lot of games.

Honestly im impressed at this point...wasnt expecting content for at least 6 months and possibly some bug fixes for the current content between..

Could this put to rest the "long term playability" issues that were starting to come up?

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

The other post about it is top ofthe most recent posts but nevermind. Dungeon finder sounds good to me, I was liking no dugeon finder at first but now I haven't been able to get a group for the last 2 days and would rather just join a queue at this stage.

Agreed , its frustrating you see everyone looking for groups but no ever invites anyone , and the times I've tried to invite someone it usually gets ignored !

I think a queue system of some kind would be a good Idea.