Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: July State of the Game Published

2»

Comments

• ConnlaiConnlai Member Posts: 26

Looking very good indeed.

And they opened a new RP Dimension named Leviathan today, so it seems the players are piling in to. Glad things are going their way for once. 

Conlai "Darkmoor" Macgregor

Templar

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

ArenaNet meet Funcom...Funcom meet ArenaNet.  I'll be seeing a lot of the two of your games for the long haul.  I hope you're into threesomes.

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

Looks great.It appear's as though they're wanting to be aggressive with updates like Trion has.If they can update often the future looks bright :)

• cavenerdcavenerd Member UncommonPosts: 10

After taking several years to heal from the severe burns I incurred while playing Anarchy Online and other Funcom offerings, I'll be hard-pressed to trust and/or believe them again.  I do hold out some hope though. 

Funcom has some really talented people and some excellent ideas.  Execution is where they've failed in the past.  

I'll be watching Secret World and hoping it is everything everyone wants it to be and if it turns out to be, I'll buy/play it.  Until then, it's all about execution people...

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

Very excited, having a great time thus far ;D.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I wonder if I'll buy another lifetime account just for this. o/

• BioNutBioNut Member Posts: 414

How much do they want for Lifetime?

Playing: Tera, BF3, ME3

Waiting on: Guild Wars 2

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by BioNut

$199.99

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

It's $50 for the game and $200 for lifetime for a total of roughly $250.  I took a chance and bought the lifetime. If they do monthly or bimonthly updates like they say, I doubt I regret it.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by nuttob

It's $50 for the game and $200 for lifetime for a total of roughly $250.  I took a chance and bought the lifetime. If they do monthly or bimonthly updates like they say, I doubt I regret it.

If they stay true to what they have made so far and are depenable with the added content they have anounced, I believe the lifetime will be quite the bargain.

Here's hoping for a great long term game.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Lifetime sub is a risk, because in all your betting the game doesn't go bust in less than 13 months.. But by all indication, seems to be a safe bet right now..

Finally someone else gets how to deliver content..
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Originally posted by manakana

I will be positively surprised if they manage to pump out monthly content updates. It has been promised before and never worked. Great news though and I hope that the game will live long and prosper!

My thoughts exactly Manakana. When I saw monthly updates promised I cringed and thought that was a lot to let slip out.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

Seems like under my account a lifetime sub isn't an option... perhaps because I started the game with a monthly. :-/

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

This is great news as I feel I'm reaching the end of the journey, already about half way through transylavania's first area. I wonder how the might deal with the abillity wheel adding or adjusting already existing skills, I've found it less rewarding in the upper tier skills than I anticipated and kind of hope maybe they let us use more than one elite skill, even if they just give one per weapon would be nice. Need my kneecapper and redmist, Decisions hmmmmm.....

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I've been on these forumn since 2004 and I've never seen an MMORPG with this much positive feedback.  On this website, and on so many others as well.

Good job, Funcom.  Keep it up.  TSW is a gem.

• el_furiosoel_furioso Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by nuttob

Also, keep in mind that if you've purchased any of the add-on packs (Initiate, Master), you only have to pay the difference to move up to the Grand Master (i.e. lifetime subscription), which is nice.

Really enjoying the game so far. Some wacky UI issues, but I'm sure they'll slowly get worked out. They also provide all the UI Flash files for community development, which means we'll probably see some great mods in the future.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I hope they mean this in the best way.

If they are releasing a new mission a month, that would count as a 'content update' from their perspective, but I wouldn't be very impressed. Keep in mind that the way this game is setup, 'a new mission' is basically 'a new quest'. The way they are setup does require a lot more setup, but the lifespan of the missions way of questing isn't much longer than a traditional quest. That's definitely going to be an issue.

Also, the game still has A LOT of bugs. While I hope they can fix those by July 31st, many of the bugs have been in the game since closed beta. It is getting better, but I have to wonder how they'll be able to keep up the pace for significant content updated monthly, when they are struggling to fix core issues already. For one, there's been huge problems with the chat, and gear management. Quests often bugging out in one dimension or another. And they've already brought the game down ~5 times since launch, which is not an impressive ratio of up / down time.

I really do hope they can deliver on their promise, but in order to do that in any meaningful way, they will have to set up their game a bit.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

I wonder if I'll buy another lifetime account just for this. o/

I have no clue how people can come to a conclusion to buy a lifetime sub withouth having played the game for at least 6 months, let alone before its released.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I doubt they'd even be able to match Rift, with the amount of content and feature updates Trion pumped out over the year.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Benbrada

Seems like under my account a lifetime sub isn't an option... perhaps because I started the game with a monthly. :-/

Contact live support, it isn't showing for some people.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Just bought the game and really liking it so far. Didn't think the combat would be very fun but suprisingly I'm really enjoying that as well. The missions are very different to me than normal quests. The only downside to the game so far is I'm really getting overwhelmed with all of the options that I have, and with all of the side missions appearing.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

this letter just made me purchase lifetime sub

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Woot This is the first game I've been happy with since degree. Thank you funcom
  • falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    SWG. Stupid phone keyboard