Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 questions?

SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

1- is there a pet class?

1a- please describe said pet class

2- why should i play TSW? I havent done much research on the game the last few months. I know the very basics. from your beta and release impressions, why6 should i buy it?

Comments

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

no

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

There are no classes at all

I havent found any usefull pet summoning skills

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I believe pistols have "Drones" and I think shotguns have turrets...elemental has something funky too... Nothing a traditional pet class would have.

Selling points of TSW:

1. Decent story driven quests.

2. Investigative puzzles/quests.

3. Puzzle quests (like adventure games)

4. Setting (current era)

I don't think the "skill wheel" is a selling point..but it exists to entertain you.

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by Sebali

1- is there a pet class?

There are no classes in this game so you can't really answer your question.  There ARE pets in the game, but they are only for appearance or buffs, they do not fight.  There are no skills that summon pets.

2- why should i play TSW? I havent done much research on the game the last few months. I know the very basics. from your beta and release impressions, why6 should i buy it?

If you like creepy/horror games in a modern setting and want a game with the best story of any MMO...you'll want to play this game.  If you care more about PvP or combat, you may not care for it.  There are investigation and puzzle missions which are completely innovative and extremely well done.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Sebali

1- is there a pet class?

1a- please describe said pet class

1. There are no classes. There are no summoned pets.

2. Well, you could read this thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/356780/Help-me-understand-why-people-play-TSW.html, or you could wait for everyone who posted there to repeat it all in this thread.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Terronte
    Originally posted by Urza123

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

If you're holding out on buying the game, based on nothing more than forum trolling and epeen flexing attempts, you're really doing yourself a diservice.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

[mod edit]

Wow, that's just a really.... crappy and elitist thing to say. Please delete the game off your hard drive, because I sure as hell don't want people like you in it.

Folks, this guy does not represent TSW's community, please don't act as though he does. As long as you don't act like a complete n00b (as opposed to a newb) you'll find it to be very friendly, helpful, and mature one.

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Pompous? Hardly. I am just tired of seeing "what is the number of a song priest wanted to sing?" or "what are the coordinates for dead air?" etc. Sure I ask for help as well - but I don't ask people to just give me the damn answer. Just like OP who said - I haven't done any research or reading on it so just give the answer. I am annoyed at people who are always looking for piggy back off of knowledge of others without doing any basic work themselves.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Pompous? Hardly. I am just tired of seeing "what is the number of a song priest wanted to sing?" or "what are the coordinates for dead air?" etc. Sure I ask for help as well - but I don't ask people to just give me the damn answer. Just like OP who said - I have done any research or reading on it so just give the answer. I am annoyed at people who are always looking for piggy back off of knowledge of others without doing any basic work themselves.

Well, while i hate and despit elitist communities and absolutly don't like this whole "TSW is for smart people. Go back your dumb WOW games", the OP clearly states that he wants people to tell him why he should play the game without doing research, so i have to agree with you somewhat Urza

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

[mod edit]

Wow, that's just a really.... crappy and elitist thing to say. Please delete the game off your hard drive, because I sure as hell don't want people like you in it.

Folks, this guy does not represent TSW's community, please don't act as though he does. As long as you don't act like a complete n00b (as opposed to a newb) you'll find it to be very friendly, helpful, and mature one.

Elitist - what is so elitist about wanting people to do basic research themselves. If he narrowed it down to "I have read about pistols and shotguns having pets, and I wanted to know if it is viable" I would be more than happy to answer that. However he just said that he didn't read anything and he wants me to 'educate' him about the game w/o spending any effort himself. 

As far as not wanting people like me in it - too bad you going to have to deal with it. As far as community goes - they are actually more less lined up with my point of view and most of the time if you just straight up ask for answer w.o any effort on your part people will tell you to figure it out on your own (at least from my expirience).