Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan 'Sizzles' in New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,583MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Turbine and the Lord of the Rings Online team have released a brand new 'sizzle' trailer to show off Riders of Rohan, the upcoming expansion to LotRO. The video takes a look at the music behind the game and includes an interview with composer Chance Thomas.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXPosts: 3,480Member Uncommon

You know, it's funny that I never used the ambient sounds or music of LOTRO as one of it's key points to being a successful game. This video just made me realize how true this is because the music in LOTRO really is one of the best composed ambient backgrounds I've ever witnessed. The fact you can incorporate such awesome work in your own player house, by installing ambient sound packs into your player house management in-game, you can create that same affect in your own home. Not to mention, player music in game is also a nice feature, one I haven't seen anywhere else except Asheron's Call 2. If social festivals and events are important to an MMO, LOTRO definitely corners the market on this one, like the annual "Weatherstock" band festival on the Landroval server.

Thanks Suzie for helping me realize yet another reason I enjoy LOTRO so much.

• BereKinBereKin SplitPosts: 287Member

Been playing LOTRO for 4 years now and still loving the game. Great music ingame, friendly community, great atmosphere and lore of the game = Great Fun.

• AsilethAsileth Owensboro, KYPosts: 9Member

Over five years for me now and still loving the game.  And the ambient music is a big part of that.  Looking forward to the new soundtrack with Rohan!