Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is the secret world worth 15 dollars a month?

13»

Comments

• SlavojZizekSlavojZizek Member Posts: 50

It is worth $50 USD a month, because it is exceptional, innovative and way beyond anything else out there in the MMO market. My only concern is whether they have enough end game content. Plus they need to create a more open feel PvP  zone because Fushang will become boring.

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by SlavojZizek

It is worth $50 USD a month, because it is exceptional, innovative and way beyond anything else out there in the MMO market. My only concern is whether they have enough end game content. Plus they need to create a more open feel PvP  zone because Fushang will become boring.

The game is worth box price + 1 month sub fee(2 month total play time), there is simply not enough content to keep paying for a sub.

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147

I will admit I didn't like the game in beta, it didn't grab me, but I realised I hadn't really given it a fair shot and so came in with a completely new mindset and I'm really liking the game now. The little things that bugged me have been fixed such as the slow camera turning and some of the weak animations being improved, and when I sat down and take in the story instead of rushing through it like I was in beta, it's actually really well done, I think the fact I don't have a voice and dialogue is actually a good thing, otherwise it wouldn't feel like me playing (aka TOR).

Things like quest markers are there for quests but they won't lead you right on to the objective you have to do some searching and thinking yourself, it makes the quests have a bit more meaning, which I also really like. 

So right now it is worth it, but we'll see how things pan out later on I guess as I'm pretty early on in the game so far. 

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Betaguy

I would listen to your friend the game is not worth 5.99 a month let alone 15... just saying.

Ok , so at least enlighten us as to why you think this ?

• SlavojZizekSlavojZizek Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by dr4ygon

I will admit I didn't like the game in beta, it didn't grab me, but I realised I hadn't really given it a fair shot and so came in with a completely new mindset and I'm really liking the game now. The little things that bugged me have been fixed such as the slow camera turning and some of the weak animations being improved, and when I sat down and take in the story instead of rushing through it like I was in beta, it's actually really well done, I think the fact I don't have a voice and dialogue is actually a good thing, otherwise it wouldn't feel like me playing (aka TOR).

Things like quest markers are there for quests but they won't lead you right on to the objective you have to do some searching and thinking yourself, it makes the quests have a bit more meaning, which I also really like. 

So right now it is worth it, but we'll see how things pan out later on I guess as I'm pretty early on in the game so far. 

may I ask, is there a "behind toon" camera shot command? This would be handy to see when people or mobs are running up behind me? thank you.

• BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192

If you like MMORPGs, dark mysteries, puzzles and riddles, horror, exploration, etc etc, then yes.

Personally, I'd play $30/month to play this game. I shouldn't have to, and I'm glad I don't, but I would if necessary.

• mkasumkasu Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Bhorzo

If you like MMORPGs, dark mysteries, puzzles and riddles, horror, exploration, etc etc, then yes.

Personally, I'd play $30/month to play this game. I shouldn't have to, and I'm glad I don't, but I would if necessary.

Don't let EA read this ;P.

Currently: -
    Waiting: -
    Played: Wurm Online (1 yr), Darkfall (1yr), WoW (6yr)
    Tried: Aion, AoC, DDO, Earthrise, EQ2, LotRO, GW, Mortal Online, Rift, SWTOR, Warhammer

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Why bother asking here?  Your going to get haters, fanboys and people who have never even played the game spewing all sorts of crap at you.

My opinion:  yes, most fun I've had in a mmo in years, love the setting and story.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Flex1

No. No game is worth $15 a month when a game like Guild Wars 2 is $0 a month.

My opinion is GW2 will kill subscription based MMOs forever.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

For me, yes it's absolutely worth $15 a month. Easily.

I'm enjoying myself immensely. The setting, the mood/atmosphere, the restrcited use of hand-holding, the attention to detail, the opportunity to experience something from the mind of Ragnar Tornquist again, the need to actually use my brain (what a concept!), I feel engaged in the world and not like an arbitrary passer-by. Just to name a few examples.

Is it perfect? No. It has bugs. Some of the lip syncing for the spoken dialog needs tweaking, and there's a small list of other things that I notice about the game from time to time. Does any of that detract from the experience for me? Not in the least.

Personally, for me, TSW is firing on all cylinders and has had me hooked since I started playing. I spent almost all day Sunday playing it. I had to actually drag myself from the computer a few times just to get other things done. The time just melts away when I'm logged in.

So yes, I'll gladly continue to pay a monthly sub for it. It's well worth the entertainment I'm getting from it.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by kartana
    Originally posted by Flex1

No. No game is worth $15 a month when a game like Guild Wars 2 is $0 a month.

My opinion is GW2 will kill subscription based MMOs forever.

Ya, like WoW will suddenly disappear after GW2 release. Rofl

As for topic. Its so good its worth even 200$ lifetime package