Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Only three maps?

ViewDooViewDoo Houston, TXPosts: 268Member

I won't count the Summoners Rift map twice because it has snow on it. What gives why only 3 maps?

Comments

• TwistingfateTwistingfate warren, MAPosts: 177Member

Maps dont make Riot games more money. Thats why they sell champions all the time. First day champion sales. They announced a new map maybe a year and 1/2 ago? still no information on release of it. Nice game but terrible company in my honest opinion.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade BucurestiPosts: 757Member Uncommon

Guessing:

a) maps don't bring money so they'd rather concentrate on making heroes and skins

b) each map has a different meta game and different balance, thus it takes a long time do make a good map

c) combination of a and b

• tollboothtollbooth grants pass, ORPosts: 298Member Common

It's a MOBA.. wtf you talking about different maps?  That would be like complaining about Chess cause it only has one map.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Sterling heights, MIPosts: 310Member

Summoners Rift

Twisted Treeline

Crystal Scar

Proving Grounds

...currently.  It's a MOBA, so not usually a map-filled type of game.

• saranyasaranya austin, TXPosts: 33Member
    Originally posted by tollbooth
    It's a MOBA.. wtf you talking about different maps?  That would be like complaining about Chess cause it only has one map.

I don't think it can get more concise than this.  Here is your answer.  image

• causscauss sonnegaPosts: 665Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tollbooth

This may be the best explanation on a how a MOBA works ever. Just like Chess, it's not about the map, it's about outplaying your opponent. With a MOBA, it's all about tactics and teamwork (and last hitting!).