Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell Funcom? You let me make a retail account with the same name as my Buddy key account?

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

So now when I try to login it thinks i'm trying to login to my buddy key account and says "authentication failure". When I went to my account options for TSW the dropdown menu had my account listed twice, so I assume this is why I can't login to the game after buying it.

Great. and their customer service is packed full of tickets.

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Wait you are blaming them because you chose to make a buddy account and put the same username and password and now you are mad at them for it?

• ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Sorrow

Wait you are blaming them because you chose to make a buddy account and put the same username and password and now you are mad at them for it?

Actually I am just upset they let me make an account that already exists and the system is confused that i'm trying to login. Things like this shouldn't happen for a company that has experience in the MMO market. I want to play and I can't because of an issue they're having. From my point of view I simply upgraded my buddy account, but what really happened was I made a second account with the same name(which shouldn't have even been doable).

UPDATE:

I opened up a live chat and got a response in about 5 minutes time and they resolved the problem. I take back my frustration and Funcom actually responded quickly to me to fix the problem. 

+1 to customer service.

Originally posted by IIIcurrier
    [mod edit]

Trion (rift) does a fantastic job, just not the game for me.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

And now to the important part: What did you learn from this?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by IIIcurrier
    [mod edit]

You say this yet he said he contated customer services and got it sorted within 5 mins..

To me thats bloody good service...

Originally posted by timtrack

To wait a few moments before freaking out lol

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by Exavus
    Originally posted by timtrack

To wait a few moments before freaking out lol

I'm so proud of you i could cry!

• SpendrikSpendrik Member Posts: 39

Question for OP: how long did the buddy key last? 24 hours in-game, or real-time?

Deciding whether to save it for the weekend, to maximize play time.