Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sylvari/Asura - will you or not?

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Simple poll - with Asura/Slyvari playable in BWE3, will you create a Sylvari/Asura toon or not?

Leave your why/why not in your reply.

For me, I will probably play an Asura for 10 minutes just to check out the animations, but will save the rest till release.

I'll probably roll a Sylvari for most of the BWE though.

Comments

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

I will spend time on the character creation for both races to decide what they will look like on release, but I won't actually creat them. I still have to experience WvWvW to the fullest and I shall spend my time on it this BWE.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

I'm going to try not to play either. Although it will be awfully tempting to try them out.

I want to save some mystery for release.

• Planning to roll both and take them over to the human area for some testing to see which race/profession combo's I want to roll with at launch.  That's what I've done with my Charr.  I've also avoided personal story entirely.  I figure it saves me some stuff everywhere that will be new for each of my characters.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Yes, the only two races I will be playing is Asura and Sylvari, I have no interest in the other races. Asura, for being so short and harder to see in pvp. I usually don't have alts but I will make one a sylvari for a ranger, just for roleplay purposes of the ranger.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

I voted yes.. I am at an impass in deciding which will be my main char between Norn, Asura and Sylvari.. I have been stuck and will be until I can play with the char creation. Starting area matters a little so I will most likely play one of each to lvl 5-10 and go from there. I have been begging for this option anywhere I can and and very glad to see we finally get to play them.. but honestly I would have been perfectly fine with a char creation only.. sorta like how Spore gave us the char creation to play with well before the game came out.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I have high hopes Asura will become my race of choice - so unique and different (then again so are the Sylvari) so I'll test them both but yeah, will avoid all personal story entirely.

And try to avoid most if not all of the Asura starting zone if I like the race/animations etc.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I will probably play Asura, just because the smaller toons are better in PvP, moslty.

Unless there is somethign horribly wrong with Asura, thats probably the race I will stick with.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

I will definitely be making both, but I only plan on playing the Asura. Also, it seems the fears that they'd share a startng area seem to have been quashed.

WIN-WIN.

Originally posted by DJJazzy

I'm going to try not to play either. Although it will be awfully tempting to try them out.

20~ zones, lvl 35-80, 7 dungeons with their explorables isnt enough mystery? =P

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I will try out an Asura to see if I like them or not.  I'm already planning on playing a norn for my main and Sylvari for my first alt so I'm avoiding both during the BWEs.

Hopefully those little bastards are as fun to play as they seem!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I voted no. I'll play around with the char creation to see what kind of Asura I want in the end. But I will not spoil my fun just a month before the release.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by star

I will definitely be making both, but I only plan on playing the Asura. Also, it seems the fears that they'd share a startng area seem to have been quashed.

WIN-WIN.

oh that was ages ago, have you seen the map? Also I should add this is the most up to date Ihave seen but they probably have added more.

I do wonder if the animations are going to be a little off when attacking Asura as they likely have the same hit-box as every other toon, like Norn especially, so there may be a visual disconnect?

Because if they had a smaller hit-box no one would play anything else in PvP.

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

Did they mention if all the previous beta characters will be wiped?

I'm very tempted to give these 2 races a try, i've only played human mesmer in all the past events because I didn't want to spoil the game. but it's getting harder and harder to hold out.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I do wonder if the animations are going to be a little off when attacking Asura as they likely have the same hit-box as every other toon, like Norn especially, so there may be a visual disconnect?

They confirmed that all races have the same hitboxes at some point. Here is official word on it:

Eric Flannum: Every player character in Guild Wars 2 has the exact same sized collision cylinder. For asura this means that the cylinder is larger than they are and for norn it means that it is smaller. Very early in the process of making the game we knew this was going to be the case, so the min and max sizes of our races are heavily influenced by this.

http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/2012/06/28/guildwars2-junkies-interview-with-lead-designer-eric-flannum/

Originally posted by ariboersma

Nope

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Originally posted by star

WIN-WIN.

oh that was ages ago, have you seen the map? Also I should add this is the most up to date Ihave seen but they probably have added more.

Awwwwwwwwwwww, totally missed that. I've been really out of the loop with GW2 news for the past month or so, blergh. Screw university -______-;

Originally posted by colddog04

They confirmed that all races have the same hitboxes at some point. Here is official word on it:

Eric Flannum: Every player character in Guild Wars 2 has the exact same sized collision cylinder. For asura this means that the cylinder is larger than they are and for norn it means that it is smaller. Very early in the process of making the game we knew this was going to be the case, so the min and max sizes of our races are heavily influenced by this.

http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/2012/06/28/guildwars2-junkies-interview-with-lead-designer-eric-flannum/

Ah excellent thank you, I had thought I had read something some where confirming the hit box was the same, but I couldn't remember. Thanks for the link!

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178

Asura Guardian... hellz yea!! :-D

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Ah excellent thank you, I had thought I had read something some where confirming the hit box was the same, but I couldn't remember. Thanks for the link!

Yeah, I think based on what he said there, that Asura are going to be a little bigger than we expect in comparison to other races. I can't wait to actually find out.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

No.   I like novelty, but it's like eating a cake -- if all you have to eat is cake, it is no longer novel...

Nope

oh I forgot to mention lvl 20-80 personal storyline =P

Nope

oh I forgot to mention lvl 20-80 personal storyline =P

Meh. Personal story is actually the least interesting thing about the game to me.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Might check out Sylvari for a bit, probably gonna level my Human Elementalist in either the Sylvari or Asura starter area come release.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

Simple poll - with Asura/Slyvari playable in BWE3, will you create a Sylvari/Asura toon or not?

Leave your why/why not in your reply.

For me, I will probably play an Asura for 10 minutes just to check out the animations, but will save the rest till release.

I'll probably roll a Sylvari for most of the BWE though.

I will create them to look at, but I am probably going to be leveling up my existing chars to try and get a feel for what I will play at release.