Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Want to know more about the Guild conquest pvp map.

BOOYAKA!

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

well i can't find that post anywhere

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

^Massively jumped the gun and posted their article just a little bit too soon.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

awesome !

we may see mass zerg sylvari and asuran ^_^

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/09/asura-and-sylvari-races-playable-in-final-guild-wars-2-beta/

of course its going to be all playable unless udint see the screenshot and map of asura and sylvary like 3 weeks ago then ill say you are slow... but then i gain icant wait for the game

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Good move IMO. Hopefully that'll help spread the population out some come release.

• ShTogoodShTogood Member Posts: 46

un till i see it from Anet its not happening. i would like them not to show thm just so it leaves somthing for the game to blow my mind even more.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Originally posted by dadante666
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/09/asura-and-sylvari-races-playable-in-final-guild-wars-2-beta/

of course its going to be all playable unless udint see the screenshot and map of asura and sylvary like 3 weeks ago then ill say you are slow... but then i gain icant wait for the game

Oh the irony....

Anyway, nice to hear that both will be playable.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Hmm I don't want to be spoiled too much for launch, especially the starter zone for these classes because all along I planned for my first to characters to be Sylvari and Asura.

Now to resist creating them during BWE3...

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by ShTogood

un till i see it from Anet its not happening. i would like them not to show thm just so it leaves somthing for the game to blow my mind even more.

lol go to your window screen and reflesh the website go to the main website(home) and scroll down there you will see it from anet ,have fun.

• ShTogoodShTogood Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by dadante666
    Originally posted by ShTogood

lol go to your window screen and reflesh the website go to the main website(home) and scroll down there you will see it from anet ,have fun.

cant seem to see what your talking about if you could link would be nice. Also Massively say "A blog post scheduled to go live later this morning (link coming soon)" so they should have it too right ?

• Originally posted by lilHeala

Hmm I don't want to be spoiled too much for launch, especially the starter zone for these classes because all along I planned for my first to characters to be Sylvari and Asura.

Do what I'm going to do - make an Asuran and Sylvari and hike them over to the human or norn area to level a bit - I just want to get a sense of which profession goes best with each race - I'll be making one of each race.  Does mean I'll see the tutorial and a bit of each city but it worked great for my Charr - so far I've managed to avoid spoling much of the Charr area for launch.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Ill try the character creation for them, but will not play them to keep those zones fresh for release.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Delvie
    Originally posted by lilHeala

Do what I'm going to do - make an Asuran and Sylvari and hike them over to the human or norn area to level a bit - I just want to get a sense of which profession goes best with each race - I'll be making one of each race.  Does mean I'll see the tutorial and a bit of each city but it worked great for my Charr - so far I've managed to avoid spoling much of the Charr area for launch.

Good point. Could only play the tutorial as straight after it you can use the "Go to the Mists" button on the pvp tab of the hero menu to be taken to the Heart of the Mists, take the portal to L.A. there and from L.A. get to the norn or charr starter zones.

I actually prefer not to get spoiled for the tutorial either but should I not be able to resist it's still a fair compromise :)

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

well i hope that starting area wont lag like its did when on first bwe1 when we all started a human lol now everyones will go silvari and asura so those 2 area will be packed, a good way to test server again i guess,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    But its true, its now on gw2 twitter

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

I'm glad they decided to let us play the last two races. I was heavily leaning towards Norn, but their instanced "district" is just plain horrible. I'm sure some people like it but I thought it was underwhelming. If the Asura "district" is awesome, and their cap city is awesome, I just may switch to them. Was never interested in the plant people, althought I know a few women who cant wait for them. For some reason the fairer sex seems mroe interested in that race than any other, based on my experiences.

August 28th cant come soon enough.

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

Blog is up, but no word on the new map or the other additions of BWE3 :(

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

I don't care what BWE3 does I'm saving sylvari (elementalist) and asura (warrior) for launch.

• Netgamer7kNetgamer7k Member Posts: 62

Finally, the best (and smartest) race that is worth playing, Asura!!

What profession would make sense with Sylvari? Seems like everything but ranger or thief (maybe warrior?) would be awkward as a Sylvari. I mean imagine a Sylvari guardian.. hah!

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

Can't wait to see the Grove and Slyvari storyline. I wonder what DE boss they will have in the beginner area, maybe a defiled giant treant?

• oafuapeoafuape Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Damn I'll be in Africa during the BW3......oh I guess I'll have to wait for early access