Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CLOSED, Curse giving away 40.000 beta keys for BWE 3, CLOSED

SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

Curse giving away 20.000 NA keys and 20.000 EU keys.

Premium members will have access to the beta keys on July 9th. General members can get their keys on July 10th. Sign-up for Premium to ensure that you'll get a key! 

10,000 keys will be given to Premium members and 40,000 keys will be given to General members. Claim your key now; they won't last long.

Get your key now and obtain guaranteed access to Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event 3 from July 20th through July 22nd.

Need a key for a friend or wanna try it out yourself?

Link! North America (Closed)

Link! Europe (Closed)

Ps. You need a account at curse to get a key.

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

thanks for the heads up!

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

Nice! & Thanks. Haven't done any of the GW2 betas so I hope I can get my hands on a key image

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

20k really?

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Am I reading this right?

So I have pre purchased the game and been testing since the first beta but for BWE3 I am not allowed to (even though I now own the game and because of that, have the privilege of being involved in all the betas) unless I am one of the lucky players to get 1 of 20k beta keys given away?

Please tell me I am half a sleep and reading this wrong, I don't want to nerd rage this early in the morning.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I might pick one up for my friend who is skeptical about playing this game.

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Originally posted by A5ASIN

Am I reading this right?

So I have pre purchased the game and been testing since the first beta but for BWE3 I am not allowed to (even though I now own the game and because of that, have the privilege of being involved in all the betas) unless I am one of the lucky players to get 1 of 20k beta keys given away?

Please tell me I am half a sleep and reading this wrong, I don't want to nerd rage this early in the morning.

Pre-purchasers have always had access to every Beta weekend event. This is an entirely seperate giveaway for people who DIDN'T prepurchase. I haven't the foggiest idea where you got the idea this means you wouldn't be in the third Beta Weekend.

• johnismejohnisme Member UncommonPosts: 110

Am I reading this right?

This is for people who havent prepurchased the game.

Originally posted by Neveras

Am I reading this right?

Pre-purchasers have always had access to every Beta weekend event. This is an entirely seperate giveaway for people who DIDN'T prepurchase. I haven't the foggiest idea where you got the idea this means you wouldn't be in the third Beta Weekend.

I have no idea what I am thinking either...I just saw premium and beta keys and being in a daze from just waking up, thought I would miss out lol

Thats why I posted asking if I was reading it right :)

I am glad I was just reading it wrong and can join in on the action again!

Am I reading this right?

The beta should be nothing to you but a way to help the developers improve the game that you bought. Having more testers should be welcomed for testing out any other issues. Even if they don't report bugs they would still be contributing to things like testing out server capacity. What you should have your eyes on as a reward for pre-purchasing is the 3-day headstart.

Edit: You will still be able to beta test if you pre-purchased if that is what you are upset about.

• Should add that its NA/CANADA only.... Im so fucking pissed off that for eu people all of these giveaways happen on friggin german sites. What the fuck are they thinking in america? That the EU is all about italians french and the german or what? USE THE FRIGGIN ENGLISH SITES FOR GOD SAKES!

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

I pre-ordered back in early May at Gamestop but never received any beta access. They told me they ran out of keys . . .

Originally posted by Quenchster

Am I reading this right?

The beta should be nothing to you but a way to help the developers improve the game that you bought. Having more testers should be welcomed for testing out any other issues. Even if they don't report bugs they would still be contributing to things like testing out server capacity. What you should have your eyes on as a reward for pre-purchasing is the 3-day headstart.

Edit: You will still be able to beta test if you pre-purchased if that is what you are upset about.

Please...the Alpha is for that, this beta is so polished with so few bugs, it is basically a server stress test with minimal fixes to little things that slipped through QA and to get players opinions on the level of "Fun" we are having, I have beta tested many games in my time and know the process very well, with any other beta test I would agree but this one there is nothing to test properly due to being so polished.

I ask that you read the entire thread next time rather than pick a single post to criticize for your own pleasure.

I received my answer and explained my post. Thank you to the users who did reply in a mature manner, it was appreciated.

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

You are a sucker, don't prepurchase without one of those keys. 

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

So now curse is giving away on EU aswell in 5 hours, so they are giving away 40.000 codes, or what?

Link! For Europe.

Originally posted by Quenchster

Am I reading this right?

Please...the Alpha is for that, this beta is so polished with so few bugs, it is basically a server stress test with minimal fixes to little things that slipped through QA and to get players opinions on the level of "Fun" we are having, I have beta tested many games in my time and know the process very well, with any other beta test I would agree but this one there is nothing to test properly due to being so polished.

I ask that you read the entire thread next time rather than pick a single post to criticize for your own pleasure.

I received my answer and explained my post. Thank you to the users who did reply in a mature manner, it was appreciated.

There were a few minor issues that were resolved in the few beta weekends we had. Three I can name are the trait tiers, utility tiers, and chat bubbles. They said they still need to polish the engineer and mesmer classes if I remember, because they are the most recent classes of the bunch, but the game is really polished besides those few class and UI things they seem to be tweaking.

Sorry if I sounded a bit offensive. I just noticed that I used the word "upset" in a way that made me sound all aggressive.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Sebber

Premium members will have access to the beta keys on July 9th. General members can get their keys on July 10th. Sign-up for Premium to ensure that you'll get a key! 

5,000 keys will be given to Premium members and 20,000 keys will be given to General members. Claim your key now; they won't last long.

Get your key now and obtain guaranteed access to Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event 3 from July 20th through July 22nd.

Need a key for a friend or wanna try it out yourself?

Link! North America

Link! Europe - Starting 10:00 CEST today.

Well - officially i am now annoyed!!!!

Not sure about whom - Curse probably...

I bought the game (3 copies - but who'e counting...) and as such have Beta access...

Woke up this morning and even before seeing this post i saw the mail i got from Curse and i thought to myself - good - i will be able to get an EU key and post here somewhere (i mostly post here - to be exact).

BUT - when i tried to get it it says i cannot because of where i live (Israel). It didn't ask me - it just blocked me automatically according to my IP Address...

Now - that really annoyed me as the reason is obious - because i live in Israel i am not part of Europe - but have no where else to play (from the server point of view..), so from Curse point of view i shouldn't get a free key (WTF???)

anyway - just wanted to rant some more this morning - sorry about this - IGNORE IT :-)

Just my 2 cents...

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Neveras

Am I reading this right?

I have no idea what I am thinking either...I just saw premium and beta keys and being in a daze from just waking up, thought I would miss out lol

Thats why I posted asking if I was reading it right :)

I am glad I was just reading it wrong and can join in on the action again!

2 more months and GW2 go live, dude. 

It will be more awesome than any of the BWE.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

i don`t like the fact that the timer is not moving for NA .. its been a couple of minute now and its still at 2h 50 min

oh nvm u have to be login to see the timer move,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Sys7em

I pre-ordered back in early May at Gamestop but never received any beta access. They told me they ran out of keys . . .

Gamestop lies, a lot, but also there is a difference between pre-ordering and pre-purchasing. Cancel your pre-order and pre-purchase straight from www.guildwars2.com, you'll get beta access and 3 day headstart (instead of the 1 day headstart from pre-ordering).

Same goes for everyone else, go buy it, you know you're going to anyway, quit wasting time trying to get free keys, lol.

Originally posted by xalvi

I'm going to get my hands on a few of those keys just to keep as a souvenir, even though i already pre-purchased and could play the beta. 

It would be better to just hand them to friends and family that are interested in games like these to play with them. There probably won't be a free trial until awhile. That or you could try posting them here on the forum for others. image

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221

Premium giveaway starting in 1 hour, remember to register a account at curse to get a key.

I grabbed 2 keys, made an account for my sis, and then tossed the other key to my friend. Yay!

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Thanks for the heads up Sebber, I think I'll try this beta weekend just to see how this game is. Watching videos never actually gives you the full impression.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

deleted

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by xalvi

I'm going to get my hands on a few of those keys just to keep as a souvenir, even though i already pre-purchased and could play the beta.  

As a souvenir that you denied somebody the opportunity to participate in the BWE, just because you could? Why congratulations!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.