Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Game publisher in your opinion?

Comments

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

EA

Nexon

Frogster

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Looking through the pages it seems half of the people here dont actually know what a publisher is.

That said, EA without a doubt.They dont even try to hide how terrible they are.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by spinesplit

wow......i thought this thread would be full of the name *ncsoft*

Well since they are a major part of GW2 that has changed.  A year ago yes, now, no.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

blizzard they are way 2 cunning and dangerous

Ea cause they mainly anihilate good games completely

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

LucasArts

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Nexon and Ea probably tied

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Frogster - worst i've seen, ban 12 buddy of mine for using tunneling service to improve their ping.

Blizzard - Money grabbing seen in RMT in d3 and separating starcraft 2 into 3 installment with lots of filler mission compare to tight engaging story of the original

EA - They think money can make good game (aka franchise destroyer)

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by channel84

EA - They think money can make good game (aka franchise destroyer)

No, they think name alone can make good game.

They buy up studios because they know they can keep their franchises going with tons of budget cutbacks and crazy crunchtimes in effect - and people will still eat it up.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

For me it has to be Gamefore/Frogster, they managedddd to ruin: Aion (EU) and TERA for me.

Unreliable companies with very poor customer support or respect for the player!

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Nexon is horrible, but I have to go with EA.

Nexon because they just don't give a crap about any of their customers, at all. They fail miserably at providing even the most basic level of customer support, and out zero effort into at least making it look like they give a shit.

EA is far worse because they've killed off so many good studios and franchises. Had they not gotten their mitts on Origin, we'd probably be singing praises from on high for the continuing depth and innovation of the Ultima series RPGs. Hell, Ultima Underworld was the direct insipration for the much beloved Elder Scrolls series (as well as being revolutionary for its time)...

But noooo, they killed that off for the sake of UO... which they eventually killed off as well. They murdered Westwood Studios (and Command & Conquer + Earth & Beyond along with them), destroyed Bullfrog (and used the Syndicate name for a shitty FPS), ruined Bioware, etc. They are beyond redemption at this point.

Zenimax / Bethesda gets honorable mention for the abomination that was Fallout 3. What a fucking slap in the face to fans that pile of buggy, unfinished shit was.

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Zenimax / Bethesda gets honorable mention for the abomination that was Fallout 3. What a fucking slap in the face to fans that pile of buggy, unfinished shit was.

I really liked FO:3, and I played every single Fallout game in their heyday (even Tactics and BoS, which were Interplay games, and the REAL slap to the face of all fans).

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Blizzard

Why exactly? I think they are one of the best gaming companies in the world hands down.

My least favorite is SoE, due to their neglect of Vanguard and poor release of DC Online.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Sys7em

Funcom, ever since Age of Conan I will never play another failcom game. image

Ah well, you're the one missing out on The Secret World then, probably one of the most polished, unique and best MMO's ever released.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Definately Bethesda in my eyes. I don't judge publishers on the games themselves but on how ready they were when they were released, regardless of whether or not I liked the actual game. I enjoy ALL of Bethesda's games so far.. but almost all of them were released unfinished and not properly tested to remove most of the bugs.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

You have any idea how many rare ways you can break stuff in the newer Fallouts and Elder Scrollses?

They throw a lot of manhours into QA and sometimes things don't show until they have had literally a million hands on it... but yeah, having a corpse ruin your wedding in Skyrim should have been a given during testing.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by GTwander

You have any idea how many rare ways you can break stuff in the newer Fallouts and Elder Scrollses?

They throw a lot of manhours into QA and sometimes things don't show until they have had literally a million hands on it... but yeah, having a corpse ruin your wedding in Skyrim should have been a given during testing.

A corpse ruining your wedding? What?

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I agree with others in the thread, EA 1st with SOE close behind.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Karahandras

I think EA, closely followed by SOE.  But there are just so many to choose from.

One is a publisher, the other is a Developer.....many folks in this thread are confused between the meaning of publisher vs developer...

One "creates" the game...the other ships it out the door

For an earlier COD reference...Activation didn't make the game...infinity ward did...

Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by Sys7em

Funcom, ever since Age of Conan I will never play another failcom game. image

Ah well, you're the one missing out on The Secret World then, probably one of the most polished, unique and best MMO's ever released.

Funcom did not publish TSW...please refer to my previous post...

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Valua Originally posted by Sys7em Funcom, ever since Age of Conan I will never play another failcom game.

They actually co-published it.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Its a tie between EA and craptivision. EA ruins every franchise that they touch, and craptivision milks every franchise they have til no one wants it anymore.

Originally posted by Karahandras

I think EA, closely followed by SOE.  But there are just so many to choose from.

One is a publisher, the other is a Developer.....many folks in this thread are confused between the meaning of publisher vs developer...

One "creates" the game...the other ships it out the door

For an earlier COD reference...Activation didn't make the game...infinity ward did...

Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) is a game development and game publishing division of Sony.

Fresh from der Wikipedia. Who is confused now?

Also, Treyarch and Sledgehammer games make CoD now. Where were you when Infinity Ward was dismantled after CoD4:MW2 and sued Activision for bonuses they never got?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

None, never really had any bad experiences. Some games I didn't like, but not gonna call someone a bad company for making a game I didn't like!

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

EA because stress launch....

Originally posted by pierth

Originally posted by Valua

Originally posted by Sys7em Funcom, ever since Age of Conan I will never play another failcom game.

They actually co-published it.

Fair enough