Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me or are female characters a little bit oversexualized?

Comments

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I swear some of you would have all female characters dressed in burkas.

Honestly, I love when MMOs add face covering items. LoL Just because it's so rare in not football helmet form. That Raven Mask in LotRO I still wear just because it's unique.

But yeah, add burkas too. I think that'd be interesting to see also.

a yo ho ho

• OphidianzOphidianz Member Posts: 8

I like booooooobiesssss :D

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

I vote no, check out Tera and Bade and Soul , you'll know whats over sexualize truly means

RIP Orc Choppa

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

The graphics are a bit too cartoony for anything to be "sexualized" IMO

Joined - July 2004

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Interesting. Some people are more concerned about side-boob than about impaling enemies with swords or burning them in the face.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

nah gw2 characters are ugly anw

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Irus

Yep. Even a male friend of mine complained, he plays a lot of females in games and he hated the starting outfit for the necromancer. Compare to the male necromancer, who has a huge ass robe... lol

I've never seen an ass robe, let alone a huge ass robe... :D

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by Bubbaganoosh

Not that I'm complaining but I imagine some players want to play a female character that isn't running around dressed like a prostitute. So what do you think? Are female character's oversexualized?

As compared to what?  TERA?  Rift?  WoW?  Hell no, I think the only armor that looks "sexy" on women is the Mesmer armor.  Every other class armor completely covers them, or looks completetely natural.

Just look at the Charr females, then look at the Worgen females from WoW.  Charr don't even have breasts, you know why?  Because Cat/Cow people wouldn't have breasts.  Female werewolves wouldn't have breasts either, but Blizz wanted the furries to be able to get their nuts off so they made them oversexualized.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by GTwander
    Originally posted by DJJazzy
    Originally posted by GTwander
    Originally posted by botrytis

Actually GW2 and GW1 are not bad compared to Tera, Rift, etc.

Why is it that AoC managed to avoid a lot of the "my inner feminist is offended" posts and it has full frontal? It really seems that people see oversexualization when there is the least bit left to the imagination, but when it's all out there, it's almost refreshingly 'honest'. Very, very strange stuff people.

I voted boobies, btw.

Well AoC is sort of strange in that regard. Yes you have nudity but other than that there is really nothing sexual about the characters, especially in the armor. The "sexiest" armor you get is your very begginer armor. After that the armor is very austere (some of it looks very cool though).

So what you're saying is that minimal clothing arouses people more than nudity itself Think of it like Christmas or your birthday, most people like unwrapping the gift, instead of just having it handed to them. (and I'm referring to Real Life visualization here which I suppose carries over to video games) 

I'm sure Freud would agree to that being common in most people, actually.

~I think it's strange, but I'm admittedly a weirdo.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by korat102
    Originally posted by NaughtyP

Interesting. Some people are more concerned about side-boob than about impaling enemies with swords or burning them in the face.

[mod edit]

You dont have to be religious, to be modest.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Wish the men were oversexualised  image

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by VaultFairy

We demand manthongs!   

Patch notes:  "Various styles of banana hammocks now added to vendors around the world!"

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by VaultFairy

I'm hoping there's a wide selection of beards for all the men.

We like big beards and we cannot lie.

a yo ho ho

Wang flapping physics now uses a modified version of the jiggle physics engine used for females.

• tinuxnltinuxnl Member CommonPosts: 4

I am very surprised that this topic is able to fill 15 pages on a forum..... People worried about pixels that might just show a little bit too much virtual pixelated side boob.

On the news people die of starvation, floods, atomic bombs, nuclear disasters, diseases, murder (etc, etc, etc) and we get this served on a daily basis by every medium available today....  

/me is worried about mankind!

Originally posted by tinuxnl

I am very surprised that this topic is able to fill 15 pages on a forum..... People worried about pixels that might just show a little bit too much virtual pixelated side boob.

On the news people die of starvation, floods, atomic bombs, nuclear disasters, diseases, murder (etc, etc, etc) and we get this served on a daily basis by every medium available today....  

Not me though.

I EMBRACE sideboob

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

OP if you don't like female model then play tetris.

it's a fantasy game and there is nothing to see.

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190
    Originally posted by Rohn
    Originally posted by atziluth

If you want to see sexualization... look no further than Tera... I hear one of the bosses is pedobear. 

That's the funny thing.  Regardless of the obfuscation, GW2 is every bit as bad as TERA in regard to over-sexualization.

Is that a joke? This is not even debateble.

Tera...

And the winner for pedobait...

GW2...

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128

Yes, the female armors have a bit of the "less protection than a fig leaf" quality. From what I saw GW2 is at least decent in a lot of cases of warrior, guardian, engineer armor (though, is it me or does a lot of warrior/guardian armor make the women's bottom's look huge when you look at it from the side?)

But then I played Elementalist, and I laughed when I realized my Town Clothes actually looked far more protective than my armor. I think if you're gonna design "armor" it should at least be as protective as the stuff you call "clothes".

But then again, the horny teenager population out there would rip my tongue out for saying that. I posted a comment on a youtube video a while back about the armor in a character creation that I saw, and this is what I got as a reply:

seriously nobody care about female armor looking realistic in mmorpg so stop bitching about it. if you want realistic armor play a male character, nobody ask you to play a female character, and who said a warrior can't be sexy anyway? its a game its not even suppose to be realistic.

So, there you go.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by chelan
    Originally posted by Cromica

The clothing for the femaies was actually designed by females  so I don't see an issue

of course. and those female designers in the interest of saving their jobs had no external design pressures put upon them by the game, the developers, or even the generally sexist attitudes of most of the industry.

and I should care about any of this?

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by tinuxnl

I don't think anyone is worried, we're just discussing these issues. It's actually not very resource consuming to post on a forum about an issue we (and you) have an opinion about. We can still post here AND care about people dying.

Besides, if you're so worried, why are you even on this forum? Shouldn't you be somewhere helping people? :)

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

The majority of gamers like sexy women. If they didn't, they wouldn't be in the games. What is the damn issue here?

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Basement virgin little boys (or fully grown men who still have the brain of a child) are the primary cash flow for MMORPG's.

Also, when was the last time you saw a "Popular" magazine with an ugly cover girl?  Sex sells.  Sad maybe, but true.  If they make the women thick, with large muscles, small boobs, and dressed like men people wouldn't be drawn to it. 

TERA took it too far for my tastes by having little girls run around half naked.  People try to defend that game saying they're actually an "ancient race of highly advanced beings who just look like little girls..."  

If it looks like a little girl, talks like a little girl, and dresses like a whore, doesn't matter what lore you try to stuff down my face, you're a pedo in my book!

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I find it disgraceful when men are dressed in skimpy shorts, with steroid filled muscles, and nothing else.  That's blatant explotation!

Unless it's me of course...I look very manly in my undercrackers.....just saying :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Originally posted by Rohn

If you want to see sexualization... look no further than Tera... I hear one of the bosses is pedobear. 

That's the funny thing.  Regardless of the obfuscation, GW2 is every bit as bad as TERA in regard to over-sexualization.

Is that a joke? This is not even debateble.

Tera...

And the winner for pedobait...

GW2...

This guy wins the post.  Thank you sir!