Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Exorcist, Warrior & Slayer Decks

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has partnered with MMORPG.com to give our readers the first look at custom decks that players will have access to when playing The Secret World. These decks guide players in finding an awesome build for their characters in game. This time, we bring you the Exorcist, Warrior and Slayer decks. Read on!

The Exorcist uses both Blood Magic and Fist Weapons, but purely for healing purposes. He can not only rescue those in danger with powerful healing spells, but can also sacrifice some of his own health to heal his entire team at once. Everyone will breathe easier with an Exorcist at their side, because he can continuously give himself and his allies protective barriers and heal-over-time effects.

Read more The Secret World: Exorcist, Warrior & Slayer Decks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

I notice every one of these decks seem to be associated with one of the three faction.  To receive the benefit of the deck,must you be that faction, or can you be any faction for any deck?

• UBakedUBaked Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by nuttob

I notice every one of these decks seem to be associated with one of the three faction.  To receive the benefit of the deck,must you be that faction, or can you be any faction for any deck?

each faction gets there own decks(and outfits)  other factions can mke the deck still but not recieve the cloth reward,   but also remember decks are starter templates to give people an idea of a standard dps,heal,tank,support,hybrid role

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Originally posted by UBaked
    Originally posted by nuttob

each faction gets there own decks(and outfits)  other factions can mke the deck still but not recieve the cloth reward,   but also remember decks are starter templates to give people an idea of a standard dps,heal,tank,support,hybrid role

Thanks!

• ExpiryExpiry Member UncommonPosts: 76

No open world........

• bishop916bishop916 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Expiry

No open world........

[mod edit]

TSW is not instanced.

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

mmorpg is really pushing this half as*ed mmo arent they?

Maybe its the t-shirts

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Maybe its the t-shirts

Maybe because this site covers MMOs? Cause they get all this free content from the devs for their site? Gee, maybe?

You must be interested, you bothered to post.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Maybe its the t-shirts

Good lord this game is fun, you have no idea. But you probobly dont like anything anymore.

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

I purchased this game because a co-worker was like wow omfg after the last beta. I was anti TSW big time. I was so wrong omg so wrong. One word FUN.

• BhorzoBhorzo Member Posts: 192

Game's great! I have no idea why people are bashing it. Finally an MMORPG that isn't a clone of some-other-game-that-everyone-hates..... and yet people still bash it? /facepalm

If you ask me, people are babies and like to whine and cry about things they don't even have to buy. It's not like anyone is twisting your arms.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

I would have preordered it if i didn't get disconnected during the loading screens ~80% of the time. Same engine as Age of Conan, same problems :(

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by bishop916
    Originally posted by Expiry

No open world........

[mod edit]

TSW is not instanced.

YOu will find it is ; Large Instances but Instanced... You cannot walk from one to another tyhey have portals to all the zones. So it is not an open world.

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

The game is awesome, i had to give it 1 hour+ to get trough the starter area into kingsmouth, but boy is this a VERY GOOD GAME!

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by erinys

The game is awesome, i had to give it 1 hour+ to get trough the starter area into kingsmouth, but boy is this a VERY GOOD GAME!

I agree. Now that the servers are still down for updating, I'm going to study these decks. 

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

This is a good solid game for those tempted to take the plunge.  I have had no bugs so far and the IP is fresh and great fun.  I've thoroughly enjoyed myself so far.

8/10 and will get better with each patch.

~Wolf

• steeldragonzsteeldragonz Member UncommonPosts: 20

I just finished making this Deck actually and love it. Not sure what im going to do next maybe something with healing in it so i can supprt my friends in Dungeons when my insane aoe power isnt needed.

There are 11 decks per faction, the "benefit" of a deck is purely the outfit for completing it. Otherwqise its just a complementary set of skills suggestions.

• DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Originally posted by Bhorzo

Game's great! I have no idea why people are bashing it. Finally an MMORPG that isn't a clone of some-other-game-that-everyone-hates..... and yet people still bash it? /facepalm

If you ask me, people are babies and like to whine and cry about things they don't even have to buy. It's not like anyone is twisting your arms.

This game needs a minumun IQ and thats bother people who think only sandbox requires it... Its truth that sandbox requires intelligence and patience to play, however when you put too much PvP on it the intelligence level needed to play drops a LOT, because you dont really need intelligence to pvp, you just need to know your ways (the cookie cuter pvp template of the week) and be skillfull...

TSW in other hands have a strong community feeling, intelligent story, challenging quests (not only in pve, but also with insightfull puzzles). It has a RPG feeling and strong atmosphere who also requires a lot of creativity and somewhat artistic critic sensiblity to understand it. People without a clue bash the game because ´its instanced´ for example just dont get the game..  Its a game who tries to gently break the mold of MMOs, with charm and intelligence. Nothing too violent, only with a few (crucial) differences which added intelligence and charm. 

But some people are so ´in´, so closed minded, so ´follow the carrot´ that they cant understand a theme park game with free skill progression, with a LOT of inteligence OUTSIDE the mold (before this game, ´intelligence´ was a requirement to ´build´ a a template/character/skills  and a little more than that, see EvE). Today you have to use the intelligence to build a char/template as it is in a good sandbox, but ALSO to solve puzzles, to understand the story, to get along the community, etc... And sensibility to go deep in the atmosphere (with all the graphics, sounds, music)... To have critic sense to understand the wonderful NPCs and their VERY good scripting...