Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Operating System Do You Use For Gaming?

2»

Comments

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Win 7- 64 bit-16GB ram..

Playing GW2..

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

Windows 7 64-bit for the win.

Ultimate edition I hope ;-)

• AmenhoetepAmenhoetep Member UncommonPosts: 36

Windows Vista 32bit and 4 GB ram - I'm good.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Reizla

Unless he has a domain controller at his house why whould he yank extra 300US over home/pro or enterprise?

my main PC has ultimate since i got it for free at the MS launch party, my other 3 boxes(well 1 media centre, and 2 laptops) run enterprise since its that the VLK from my work covers(and yes we are allowed to use our MS office and OS keys for home use..)

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Windows 7 64bit Pro

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I wonder why Vista was so bad for gaming.

incompatibilties w older games

Vista, prior to Service Patches, lacked peformance compared to XP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Windows_Vista

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by DOGMA1138

Unless he has a domain controller at his house why whould he yank extra 300US over home/pro or enterprise?

Extra $300?

$300 is what I paid my Ultimate edition (back then when it was new, too). Total price.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by DOGMA1138
    Originally posted by Reizla

my main PC has ultimate since i got it for free at the MS launch party, my other 3 boxes(well 1 media centre, and 2 laptops) run enterprise since its that the VLK from my work covers(and yes we are allowed to use our MS office and OS keys for home use..)

Have x64 Ultimate myself here and only bought it because it was offered for €74 when I was still an employee at school. Didn't know it was such a powerhouse till you mentioned it :p

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

been using w7 64 bit since w7 lunch,was playing with the idea of w8 ,when twit guy paul turrot confirmed w8 tester would be able to upgrade to released version i tried it for the last 2 days and sadly i couldnt find what was in it for normal user like gamer etc!

for enterprise?it is huge just dctcp alone will give enterprose huge bang for their $ but for normal user?unless i missed something that was deeply hidden ?i didnt see any incentive!a bunch more skin on top of w7?why ?bar on the right side instead of at the bottom?i can put it there in w7 lol!