It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
The only thing that makes real life infinitely better than MMORPG experience is SEX. Once, we can start making games that uses all your senses, then the MMORPG experience will trump real life.
Originally posted by dauntSilver Not to mention all of the devs and GMs have completely abandoned the game!
I disagree!!! They have been working on the Moon expansion for decades. Not long ago they added the Space Station expansion as well. I've also been reading up on the Mars adventure pack, but its currently pre-alpha. Seems like we got some cool shit coming.
Too bad my character has a limited amount of time to play.
Originally posted by Naral RealLife was rushed out the door due to corporate pressure. This game could have used another 10 million years of development before launch.
I heard it was one guy working in his basement that made it in 7 days.
"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"
Originally posted by silvermember The only thing that makes real life infinitely better than MMORPG experience is SEX. Once, we can start making games that uses all your senses, then the MMORPG experience will trump real life.
Originally posted by TruthXHurts Originally posted by Naral RealLife was rushed out the door due to corporate pressure. This game could have used another 10 million years of development before launch.
You mean 6 days. Sunday he took off and played Pac-Man.
There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.-- Herman Melville
All the NPC's get pissed off at me when I come into there home looking for quests.... wtf?
"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then weve got another one that is actually going to be so were going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what were targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you cant hold me to it. But what were targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo
Originally posted by FredomSekerZ Originally posted by silvermember The only thing that makes real life infinitely better than MMORPG experience is SEX. Once, we can start making games that uses all your senses, then the MMORPG experience will trump real life.
I was talking more like ghost in the shell kind of deal or to be more specific the matrix kinda of deal, not whatever that is.
If you try to kill someone for loot you end up getting perma-banned.
Played: EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO
Real life = Worst debuffs eva.
I started playing well after, but I've heard that there have been a couple of server wipes in the past. One of them eliminated extremely large mobs from the server and re-spawned them as resource nodes. The other one I read about entailed an extended coding of inclement weather which led to all but a few players & 2 of each creature in the database being wiped. Some trolls over at mayan.com forums (before it was shut down) kept talking about inside-knowledge of another wipe coming toward the end of this year.
Originally posted by sfc1971 Bah, real life sucks. Can't play as a girl if the random number generator decided your avatar is a boy. Well you can but it HURTS! Your avatar model if not maintained with vigor will detoriate rapidly until it is a white hairy blob that has its sprint time reduced and recovery time increased! Not just the female models jiggle when they run. Day/night cycle is way to slow, it feels like it takes an entire day for godssake. The in game economy is just a giant money sink and earning any credits at all takes some major grinding. The SWG village run to be jedi might have been a long grind but just to grind a CEO in the his "real life" game. DECADES I tell you! No tech support and the game designer hasn't shown himself on the forums in millenia! Install time is 9 months! Respawn times vary depending on faction, talk about unbalanced! Lots of self-righteous vigilantes who despite the server clearly being open world PvP insists on enforcing their no PK rules. You can be forced to take part in warzones PvP. Micro managment hell, forcing you to take care of all your avatar needs constantly as if you are playing The Sims. Path finding on avatar goes to hell if you swallow to many morale boost potions. Ranged classes are insanely overpowered compared to melee. Grinding a proper melee class takes ages and lots of hardwork while ranged just spams their single attack. No infinite ammo. No auto-sprint. Depending on faction, your endgame is either waiting for eternity for new content to be added by some developer with a mesiah complex, 79 noobs to tutor, redoing the entire game over and over till you get it right or the game just removes itself without a trace and your ranks and achievements are soon purged from the system. Pet cat character refuses to follow everywhere or even anywhere. No flying mounts. Mount costs are insane! Player housing is totally unimaginitive No F2P Cancelling your sub is against the law! Need I go on? Real life the game SUCKS! I predict it will be shutdown in half a year at the most.
This made me giggle, especially the part about the game designer being MIA from the forums for millenia haha
Forced grouping is a bit of a hassle, especially when you want to make alts.
Thinking about trying this game but, I have a few questions first.
1 Which Race/Class should I be? I hear each one has different attributes
2 Also how long does it take to increase my job level?
3 Are pets worth the $ and can I teach them skills as well?
4 If I run a old person over will they have money and a gun floating over their body?
5 If I have a felony and I'm on the most wanted list, am I able to take my car in for a spray paint to drop my charges?
6 Also if someone cuts me off on a the freeway am I able to throw a banana peel in front of their car in order to make their car spin a few times this way they learn their lesson?
7 Is using the stove as dangerous as The Sims?
These are things I need to know before I start.
Also I hear there's a vote for a new GM happening soon, I don't know who's changes I like more but I think job levels and money might get nerfed
The Real Life MMORPG has several flaws:
1. Griefing is allowed in some circumstances. The GM's may punish the greifer's for it, but only after their avatar permadeath occurs.
2. No control over most of your avatar's appearance. And changing avatar mass takes significant time and resources.
3. Your avatar's stats are capped at specific levels depending on what the stat caps of your avatar's parents were.
4. Avatar's have very little control over their INT stat, and the amount that INT varies across the server pop is pretty significant. Some players are created and have a very low INT cap, to the point where they can't engage in most of the games activities.
5. All of the house spots are already taken. You cannot find any open spots for a house, all the property is taken. So you have to either buy a plot or house, or have one given to you.
6. Nearly all of the in-game achievements have been acquired by other players already. There is little left in the game that you can strive for the server first of. The things that you could still do a server first for, you have to dedicate your entire avatar and alot of resources to it.
7. All of the maps and creatures in all the caves are already documented online. There is absolutely nothing left on the server to explore that you can't look up online. Things like most effecient travel route etc. are already known and there are programs to calculate it. So there is no way for a player to practice and get an edge in the game economy by knowing the routes better.
8. The in-game economy is completely saturated, and every corner of it is covered. Its next to impossible to find a niche to make some fast cash, without scamming the other players and getting punished.
9. Some mobs that appear non-aggresive for very long periods of time (Like Lv 5 chimpanzee's) will aggro you out of the blue and rip your avatar's face off. The mob random aggro factor has led to alot of perma death. Its a pretty lame game mechanic.
10. The server has random perma-death and destruction related stuff that can occur. A lightning bolt can hit your avatar and cause perma death. And a volcano can erupt and you will lose your house and the house spot.
11. If a male and female player decide to invite a new player to the game, they are able to delete that new avatar by choice within the first couple months or so. If they decide they don't want a nub following them around and mooching off their exp and loot for years.