Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are sandbox mmos going in the wrong direction?

compars sandbox mmos to sandbox single player games. darkfall and mo are failing. minecraft and mount and blade are thriving. I wonder what sandbox mmo developers are doing wrong?

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

a modern UI, a robust PVE game, and a camera that isn't first person locked would get me playing one.

i'd be playing SWG right now if it hadn't gotten sunk.

my point being sandbox mmos aren't going in the wrong direction. they simply aren't going at all.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

When it comes to sandbox, you cant blame devs entirely. Sandbox thrives on active/good community, if anything I would ask this....

Is MMO community nowadays going into the wrong direction...think about it.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I'm not sure that these games are really close enough (in style or in ambition) to be easily compared to each otherm but if I try to compare my reactions:

The main reason I didn't try darkfall is because it was hyped as being aimed at a niche playstyle I didn't enjoy.

The main reason I tried minecraft is because players were doing their own enthusiastic viral videos and it was dirt cheap.