Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrossRealm zones, Another Blizzard fail

Seems every idea Blizzard comes up with kicks pvp in the nuts a little bit more.

Essentially what they are doing is "instancing" the zones now.  So you're not going to have that static world we once had.  As soon as someone is faced with any action they are just going to instance out and move into another zone. 

So PvP ?  Ya right....   Bout as fun as staring at people on their flying mounts safely in the air.

Why does Blizzard continue to baby every one that plays this game?  It's almost like the whiniest carebear they can find is the one who calls the shots.

Diablo 3 has become a miserable failure, and part of that was them taking the hostile action out...So players hit max level and go play something else.

So while I'm glad Blizzard is trying to help "world pvp" out, their ideas always end up centered around how they can protect players in pvp zones by adding impossible to kill, infinite spawning guards, to .2 sec cast flying mounts or how to make pvp more pve.  Either Blizzard is completely lost on PvP, or they know exactly what it is, and do everything in their power to get around it.

I loved the pvp back in Vanilla and BC, but they've really taken this game in bad directions.

The real solution to the problem would be to simply merge servers with the population imbalances.  But keep on, we'll see how the community enjoys jumping instances and finding nothing, I foresee a lot of main city afking in the game's future.

Comments

• CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

The game was dead to me and many other people the second cataclysm hit.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by BribarianV

Seems every idea Blizzard comes up with kicks pvp in the nuts a little bit more.

Essentially what they are doing is "instancing" the zones now.  So you're not going to have that static world we once had.  As soon as someone is faced with any action they are just going to instance out and move into another zone. 

So PvP ?  Ya right....   Bout as fun as staring at people on their flying mounts safely in the air.

Why does Blizzard continue to baby every one that plays this game?  It's almost like the whiniest carebear they can find is the one who calls the shots.

Diablo 3 has become a miserable failure, and part of that was them taking the hostile action out...So players hit max level and go play something else.

So while I'm glad Blizzard is trying to help "world pvp" out, their ideas always end up centered around how they can protect players in pvp zones by adding impossible to kill, infinite spawning guards, to .2 sec cast flying mounts or how to make pvp more pve.  Either Blizzard is completely lost on PvP, or they know exactly what it is, and do everything in their power to get around it.

I loved the pvp back in Vanilla and BC, but they've really taken this game in bad directions.

The real solution to the problem would be to simply merge servers with the population imbalances.  But keep on, we'll see how the community enjoys jumping instances and finding nothing, I foresee a lot of main city afking in the game's future.

I can't believe I actually have to type this, but...

WoW is top heavy.  

The 85-90 zones wont need to be instanced, there will be plenty of people in those zones.  1-84 will be a different story, so the instancing is welcome for the 95% of the population that does not particpate in open world PvP across the lower levels.  Sucks for gankers, but no one is shedding a tear for them.

Yes, non-max level open world PvP isnt a priority for them, nor should it be.

Now those 20 PvP servers that have been dead since 2007, yeah they should have merged those in 2007.   But that has little to do with the tons of medium pop PvE servers that dont need merges but have dead 1-80 areas

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I dont pvp, but iiuc if you leave the pvp zone you lose.  What am I missing here?

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by citalkay

This.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

The OP obviously read about 3 seconds of information before posting,  or more likely can´t comprehend what is happening.

1, PvP below level 85 -   This will increase drastically.  On almost all pvp servers, you almost never run into an enemy player while questing.  The game is simply too top-heavy.   With this technology, probably every player who is on a pvp server will all be questing in the same zone.  This greatly increases the chance for pvp while questing. (which is the purpose of rolling on a pvp server).

2.  Flying enemies -  Again, failure to read.  You must have missed the part where they are introducing an item that can dismount players who are flying. .. probably similar to the grappling hooks in twilight highlands.  Also, there is no such thing as .2 second cast times on flying mounts... but really, with all the other garbage in your post, most people realize not to believe you anyway.

3.  Guards - Again, failure to read.  In MoP, Blizzard is drastically nerfing guards on PvP servers, even in capital cities.

4.  Merging servers -   The problem with WOW isn´t with lack of population on servers, it is lack of lower level players in leveling zones.  Almost everyone is level capped.   Merging servers would just create servers that are too full during peak time.. but this solution fixes the problem of low-level zones feeling empty.

I also am really confused about your ´jumping´ instances comment.  If I am questing through a zone, and another player attacks me, I can´t just ´jump´ to a new instance of that zone.  There is no mechanism like that at all.  Sure I could hearth away if I can find 10 seconds to do it, but that has always been the case.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by Citalkay

+1

The game was dead to me when Ghostcrawler turned the game into a baby-bumping-baby-sitting service.

• nyxxisnyxxis Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Pocahinha

This.

This +1

All Murlocs must die horrible, painful, bloody deaths!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Though merging would not solve everything there are DOZENS of servers that are dead also on max level characters.

Blizzard won't merge server because they earn SHITLOAD of money on server transfers (that are frequently coupled with race change, guild transfer, etc ).

Problem with noone at 1-80 is problem that is burned into level based railed games.  There were mmorpg's in past that did not have this problem in that shape cause they had character progression done diffrently and did not have levels.  (no TSW is not doing this right).

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Azrile

The OP obviously read about 3 seconds of information before posting,  or more likely can´t comprehend what is happening.

1, PvP below level 85 -   This will increase drastically.  On almost all pvp servers, you almost never run into an enemy player while questing.  The game is simply too top-heavy.   With this technology, probably every player who is on a pvp server will all be questing in the same zone.  This greatly increases the chance for pvp while questing. (which is the purpose of rolling on a pvp server).

2.  Flying enemies -  Again, failure to read.  You must have missed the part where they are introducing an item that can dismount players who are flying. .. probably similar to the grappling hooks in twilight highlands.  Also, there is no such thing as .2 second cast times on flying mounts... but really, with all the other garbage in your post, most people realize not to believe you anyway.

3.  Guards - Again, failure to read.  In MoP, Blizzard is drastically nerfing guards on PvP servers, even in capital cities.

4.  Merging servers -   The problem with WOW isn´t with lack of population on servers, it is lack of lower level players in leveling zones.  Almost everyone is level capped.   Merging servers would just create servers that are too full during peak time.. but this solution fixes the problem of low-level zones feeling empty.

I also am really confused about your ´jumping´ instances comment.  If I am questing through a zone, and another player attacks me, I can´t just ´jump´ to a new instance of that zone.  There is no mechanism like that at all.  Sure I could hearth away if I can find 10 seconds to do it, but that has always been the case.

Please don't try to bring common sense into this thread. The OP clearly knows it all.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by nyxxis

This.

This +1

This +2

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

The population is obviously declining but blizzard put a new spin on server merging because server merges are a PR nightmare for any game.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by BribarianV

*YAWN* Wait, what?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

and you still think wow is a pvp game?

that's the biggest fail in this thread dude ^^

WoW never was supposed to be a PvP game, it's quite obvious a PvE game. and THAT's why they did not fail.

if you are looking for pvp, seriously, look somewhere else. that's what most serious pvplers did ages ago :)

the cross realm zones are actually quite nice pve wise, and if you dont like em, or want to start your "pvp crew" on a pve world, just disable them, they already said there'd be an option, so maybe you just.... uh wait. i will stop it here so i dont get another useless ban hehe

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Thane

WoW never was supposed to be a PvP game, it's quite obvious a PvE game. and THAT's why they did not fail.

if you are looking for pvp, seriously, look somewhere else. that's what most serious pvplers did ages ago :)

the cross realm zones are actually quite nice pve wise, and if you dont like em, or want to start your "pvp crew" on a pve world, just disable them, they already said there'd be an option, so maybe you just.... uh wait. i will stop it here so i dont get another useless ban hehe

Well.. WoW did gave a sense of surviving back when it was vanilla WoW. I still remember questing in Stranglethorn Vale with my brother. We really had to outsmart the ganksquads which were all chasing the lowbies. It was an amazing experience to us. And in MMORPGs we don't really pvp. After all those years, I still remember this. The open world pvp of WoW was amazing in my opinion. And Blizzard ruined this aspect (like they seem to ruin almost all MMO aspects).

And ALL my friends quit playing a few weeks after Cataclysm hit the shelfs. I guess that says something.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by causs
    Originally posted by Thane

Well.. WoW did gave a sense of surviving back when it was vanilla WoW. I still remember questing in Stranglethorn Vale with my brother. We really had to outsmart the ganksquads which were all chasing the lowbies. It was an amazing experience to us. And in MMORPGs we don't really pvp. After all those years, I still remember this. The open world pvp of WoW was amazing in my opinion. And Blizzard ruined this aspect (like they seem to ruin almost all MMO aspects).

And ALL my friends quit playing a few weeks after Cataclysm hit the shelfs. I guess that says something.

Haha everyone who has ever played WoW during the original game and TBC remembers STV. It was a living hell to level up but you couldn't skip it because back then leveling was sooooooooooooooooo slow you had to do pretty much all zones available to you and STV was a huge zone. It was soooo fun getting ganked again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• konrad16660konrad16660 Member Posts: 182

its so dead to you, you come back to the forums to post.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

The old wars that was goin on in Stranglehorn Vale and Southshore/Tarren Mill for example was just epic. It was fun in other zones aswell.

Now, this may not be real PvP as some people on this site say. To them, everyone must be on the exact same level, have the exact same gear, the exact same abilities, the exact bla bla bla...

Well, I don't care. If Vanilla WoW aswell as The Burning Crusade is so called bad pvp,  then I guess I prefer so called bad pvp.

If cross realm zones can bring just a little of that back, if won't ofc since there are still flying mounts but just a little... then I will absolutely love Mist of Pandaria.

:)

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by Azrile

Looks like you just killed OP.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hmm interesting.. Cataclysm was so compelling to me that I returned for a good duration, that is until they "dumbed it down" again to the point boredom.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by nyxxis

This.

This +1

This +2

This -1

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Originally posted by Citalkay

Game died when Wrath of the Lich King hit and turned the players into brainless zombies with its faceroll dungeons. If anything, Cataclysm revived the game for a brief period. They then drove it into the ground again with rampant dungeon nerfs and player buffs. Sad.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Shit bro, this game was dead to me the moment battlegrounds hit. The game was ruined after that.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

This.

All these people saying the game is dead to them - so why come on here to even acknowledge its existence? It obviously isn't dead to you! Do you keep coming back to this as a means to try to reassure yourselves that quitting was the right thing?

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

No problem but only because ocean loses a drop of water doesn't mean it is not an ocean anymore.

Bite Me

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I miss the old Tarren Mill/Southshore war.  That was some of the best times I've had in WoW.  As previously mentioned though, from 1-85 noone really does open world pvp, it's all about questing.  You might run into 1-2 people who will pvp, but I can't count the amount of times I've been questing and there are alliance around me and they do the /love truce to me, we kill just together and go our separate ways.  Open world pvp from level 1-85 is pretty much dead, everyone does arenas, RBGs and stuff because thats what blizzard wants them to do (thus all the rewards you get from them).  you still see the occasional capped raid into stormwind and orgrimmar, but that's usually to get the achievement.