Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does TSW has any physics?

Is there physics engine built in? If so, can anyone point me to a video that demonstrates the physics of the game?

Thanks

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

no this is ot a flight sim or FIFA 12.  You can jump from light house and fall in a constant velocity.  So no real world  Physics engine!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking the same, but thanks for confirming my theory.

I've been watching some videos of TSW. While the graphics are good, the animation did not feel very organic. I didn't understand why until I watched this video from GW2. The thing is, any game can benefit from a physics engine. Physics really makes the graphics feel more alive.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by lightblade

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking the same, but thanks for confirming my theory.

I've been watching some videos of TSW. While the graphics are good, the animation did not feel very organic. I didn't understand why until I watched this video from GW2. The thing is, any game can benefit from a physics engine. Physics really makes the graphics feel more alive.

I will test his In the next GW2 Open BETA I will use my gun and see if damages are different based my distance from the target.  I will also throw a projectile at 45 degress vs 30 degress and the distance it travels should differ.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

I will test his In the next GW2 Open BETA I will use my gun and see if damages are different based my distance from the target.  I will also throw a projectile at 45 degress vs 30 degress and the distance it travels should differ.

actually as far as the projectiles go. i believe that does apply to trebuchets in WvW.  obviously though arrows and bullets have set range values just like most MMOS.

but on the whole. GW2 doesn't have a radically superior physics engine over TSW imo.  they are both MMOs with very different engines that each suit their own game very well.  the animations or whatever lightblade's problem is i don't think is related to the physics.  i think some people just may not like the animations for whatever reason. 

my suggestion to the OP, try Darkfall.  how you shoot your arrow really matters in that game.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

TSW might have something like that, no idea (I'm barely to savage coast, the second area, haven't seen any area with tall grass yet). The engine sure is capable of doing it, since it's mostly a modified version of the Age of Conan one, and in Age of Conan the plants did respond to the characters, if you ran trough them they would be pushed away.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Is there physics engine built in? If so, can anyone point me to a video that demonstrates the physics of the game?

Thanks

Don't expect any real physics happening in this game. It's one of the reasons people complain about combat having little feel. The game really isn't about that focus but more on the journey. It is cool but dont expect to blow enemies back with any sort of physics or even proper collision detection. If they went in like that it would have been a 9 maybe even +

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

I don't know about bullets, but I'm almost certain that my ranger character was always dealing more bow damage in GW2 when he was farther and on higher ground.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

TSW has collision detection between players in PvP though, something that can be utilized to good effect if you corner somebody :D