Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two keys? Screwed up by Funcom... or my retalier... or both?

1235»

Comments

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by simmihi
    Originally posted by Panthien

-snip-

You did not bother to answer any of my points again. I have specifically asked you to answer to my specific complains. Still, here you are yapping about FAQ and how other retailers do not accept my CC also and what my retailer did or did not do etc. I have pointed clearly some facts which Funcom did not do or did do wrong. That's the issue i'm having with Funcom, i have another issue with that retailer but that's another thing. Would you care to comment on the specific issues i've pointed in every post and you ignored them over and over again?

Gonna re-quote myself

"after i've registered my pre-order key, that "You have registered your pre-order key and will be able to play until xx.xx.xxxx. To continue playing, you will be required to register your product key which you can find on the label of your DVD blabla". It would have helped if i could not buy upgrades to a product i do not own. It could have helped if i could not subscribe to a product i do not own. Do you find normal that i can do that? When you can buy upgrades and pay subscription, what does it feel more natural to you, owning or not owning the product? Do you feel normal that my account says "Account type : normal" even if it was just a pre-order and not playable? That would have opened my eyes. These were my accusations, answer to these if you want, why are you beating around the bush?"

Do you find that Funcom has nothing to do with what was written above? Do you believe that it would have been a proper (not better, even proper) approach to protect their customers? Do you or do you not think that i have reasons to believe that Funcom did a sloppy job with their account management page? Yes you do, but you will not accept it because you are working for them. Yes i agree i have my part of the fault, why cant you agree you have your part of the fault also. People are not stupid.

If you continue to totally ignore my nonsense about things i have never even touched, i'm not gonna answer anymore. If that's what you want to hear and makes you sleep better over night, there you have it, you won.

I answered that ,but Ill put it different then. They can add the extra lines or pop ups, but that would extent the registration process to a 20 page/pop up process making it un-nessasary painfull experiance, Thats why they give answers in Frequent Asked Questions to help people getting registered. Im sorry but just because a rare case someone may get scammed , making the registration process a 1 hour task isnt the sollution.

And NO I do not think it, I KNOW  Funcom is to blame in ANYWAY that YOU got scammed by YOUR RETAILER. , infact YOU even acknowlaged that. Funcom has NOTHING to with how 3th party retailers deside to do their bussiness, you bought from a uncertified retailer, you payed that retailed and THEY(your retailer) stole from you.

You made a mistake of using some shady uncertified retailer and now you are pulling straws to find some way to blame funcom for YOUR mistake. There was no reason for Funcom to verify why you didnt add a retail key. You ented a valid key, what warning flag  was there?

To quote Jack Strider from DC comics.. You are wrong.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Orphes

You are only tryng to find a way to pun fincum, right.

Visa E not accepted, ordered online from a local retailer that buys from Amazaon. You played Rift, this and that other game butnever encountered the need to revalidate a beta/early access account. Never seen the usage of two code. A retailer that is able to send you the beta/headstart.

No but you then try to steer the blame Funcom again, as it is really their fault because they would not accept your CC in the first place. Sure...

Yea i've played Rift, pre-ordered from the official website, i did not encounter the need to re-validate the early access account. Never saw usage of two codes. Yes it is a first time for everything. You do not live here, you have no idea what retailers you do and do not have access to so you are in no position to judge that.

I answered that ,but Ill put it different then. They can add the extra lines or pop ups, but that would extent the registration process to a 20 page/pop up process making it un-nessasary painfull experiance, Thats why they give answers in Frequent Asked Questions to help people getting registered. Im sorry but just because a rare case someone may get scammed , making the registration process a 1 hour task isnt the sollution.

One hour task? Just to write one line, changing from

Account Type : Normal

to

Account Type : Pre-Order

Please make sure you enter your 16 digit retail key on the label of your DVD to continue playing after the pre-order period

Silly.

Originally posted by tofke

The info about 2 keys is there. If you bought it through official channels or atleast did an extensive read up on TSW before buying.

Please provide the official link. We're talking official sources here, aren't we? My main fault was going to an "unofficial" retailer, so let's keep it official.

"As been said before: Funcom does accept Visa Electron if you choose Visa (Unless they changed this for TSW, which would surprise me but not impossible)"

So when the registration page says CLEARLY that we do accept Mastercard, Amex, Visa (NOT Visa Electron) - that's exactly what it says, check payment methods - and i contact live support and they say they do not accept Visa Electron, i should do "more research" on this forum because it actually works. Yes you are right, Funcom seems a very professional company.

Anyway i'm gonna take your advice and stop posting here. There is no point in doing that.

LE

"The part of being able to upgrade a product you don't have... If you got the pre-order code YOU HAVE THE PRODUCT but the key will get to you at the release day. WHEN you get it at OFFICIAL channels (or an unofficial retailer with half a brain who does things properly) again Funcom isn't to blame since if you have the pre-order code you have the retail code in their eyes."

So if i have the pre-order code they "suppose" that i have the retail code so they can take my money but also they "suppose" that i do not have the retail code and i stole the pre-order code from somewhere and now i'm trying to screw them over? I need to have the final product to be able to upgrade. Upgrades and special offers should be possible after i enter my retail code (i have it, don't i?)

Why are 2 keys needed?

1) Because i can screw them over, case in which the retailer tells them "this guy did not pay", they ban me, easy solution

So they can sent out retail keys and pre-ship box'd versions without having to keep track and reserve retail keys, so when the game goes live, people who pre-orded but for what ever reason didnt register early can still claim their pre-order perks (minus early access/beta weekends ofcourse)

2) Because the retailer can sell the pre-order and the retail codes as 2 separate full product codes

Same answer as in orange above.

Who protects me from 2) ? Only common knowledge? Wouldn't a crispy clear way of how things work when registering the game you bought from a 3rd party be a good idea?

Who protects you? You by ordering from certified retailers.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Yea i've played Rift, pre-ordered from the official website, i did not encounter the need to re-validate the early access account. Never saw usage of two codes. Yes it is a first time for everything. You do not live here, you have no idea what retailers you do and do not have access to so you are in no position to judge that.

Just to comment on this - if you had bought from Funcom directly, you wouldn't have to enter two codes either. (Yeah, I know about the credit card issue, so not blaiming you or anything, it's just information).

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Originally posted by tofke

The info about 2 keys is there. If you bought it through official channels or atleast did an extensive read up on TSW before buying.

Please provide the official link. We're talking official sources here, aren't we? My main fault was going to an "unofficial" retailer, so let's keep it official.

"As been said before: Funcom does accept Visa Electron if you choose Visa (Unless they changed this for TSW, which would surprise me but not impossible)"

So when the registration page says CLEARLY that we do accept Mastercard, Amex, Visa (NOT Visa Electron) - that's exactly what it says, check payment methods - and i contact live support and they say they do not accept Visa Electron, i should do "more research" on this forum because it actually works. Yes you are right, Funcom seems a very professional company.

Anyway i'm gonna take your advice and stop posting here. There is no point in doing that.

On the official forums, there is a sticky concerning the preorder FAQ. It specifically states that unless you purchase straight from Funcom, which would have applied the game directly, you need to recieve a preorder key, and then a retail key. More on that below. BTW its on the now old forum, because with launch they redid the forum structure. So you could say it was a sticky at the time of its relevance for preorders. http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=26097

Also, every game since 2007 has allowed players to pay around 5 dollars for preorder, which includes access to the game for a few days, usually called headstart - the games then allow for a grace period, as seen with TSW, for you to have time to 1) recieve a physical box with a retail key, or 2) be sent a mail with a retail key - to add on to your account which is then going to be valid for the full retail release. 

I understand you are puzzled as to not being given visual clues on your account that yours was just a preorder, however, as I mention below that is indeed puzzling. 

It should state under your account, that allthough your account is normal, membership status should tell you that you did not apply a retail key yet? Does it say you have applied a retail key? 

I did not purchase the game after preorder, and my membership type clearly says I havent applied a retail key yet. My account type says normal - like yours do as you mentioned previously.

Regardless of all of this, it seem you are indeed taking responsibility for purchasing the game from an unofficial source. Last Beta weekend with GW2 a lot of people had their access curbed because it turned out they had purchased from unoffical sellers, those turned out to be keys originally purchased with stolen credit cards from Arenanets own webshop, which ofcourse made them valid, and people very upset. - It wasnt Arenanets fault though. 

As it isnt Funcoms fault that you purchased from a third party. Even if their website is unclear to you, it doesnt make it any more their fault either.

You made some good points about not being able to see the state of your account - however for me it was very obvious, as it clearly says I need to fill in a retail key to play the game. When I click subscribe, it still brings up a page, that insist I first purchase the game before subscribing. - So what you are complaining about at your end, is exactly the opposite of what I have on my account screen.

This leads me to believe that 1) your key is a retail key and you need to boss with Funcoms CS for a while or 2) you just didnt really pay attention to what was on the page when you clicked subscription - because it will not let your subscribe before purchasing the full game, nomatter what you claim.

One hour task? Just to write one line, changing from

Account Type : Normal

to

Account Type : Pre-Order

Please make sure you enter your 16 digit retail key on the label of your DVD to continue playing after the pre-order period

Silly.

That would just cause alot of confusion and extra work for retailers and suport and would not prevent the scams at all.

• unrealunreal Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Kuinn

I have never managed to play any mmorpg through beta to retail without setting up a new key. Just get in touch with your retailer and tell them that they have given you a beta-key which is not good for playing.

I've tried for 1 day, phones, e-mails, everything, no answer. What would you do if you were me?

Maybe that's the procedure now, i've never encountered anything like this. I'd rather have my "good" code which i've paid 50 bucks for and play for whatever time i want instead of an 8-day code bye bye 50 bucks.

Same thing happened to me too. I got the email, the game stopped working. I contacted Funcom and they said I have to contact my retailer as there's nothing Funcom can help me with. They were right. I contacted the digital shop I bought the game from and they sent me the 2nd key (the retail key) saying "Sorry, we just recieved them". So problem solved. You should try harder to contact them or have patience, I'm sure you'll get your key soon :)

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Gonna re-quote myself

"after i've registered my pre-order key, that "You have registered your pre-order key and will be able to play until xx.xx.xxxx. To continue playing, you will be required to register your product key which you can find on the label of your DVD blabla". It would have helped if i could not buy upgrades to a product i do not own. It could have helped if i could not subscribe to a product i do not own. Do you find normal that i can do that? When you can buy upgrades and pay subscription, what does it feel more natural to you, owning or not owning the product? Do you feel normal that my account says "Account type : normal" even if it was just a pre-order and not playable? That would have opened my eyes. These were my accusations, answer to these if you want, why are you beating around the bush?"

Do you find that Funcom has nothing to do with what was written above? Do you believe that it would have been a proper (not better, proper is the right term, what they did looks like a 4th grader job) approach to protect their customers? Do you or do you not think that i have reasons to believe that Funcom did a sloppy job with their account management page? Yes you do, but you will not accept it because you are working for them. Yes i agree i have my part of the fault, why cant you agree you have your part of the fault also. People are not stupid.

Yes i still have the retailer's e-mail. It contains text (you bought bla bla, order etc) and a key. I did not know i need 2 keys. Funcom did not write anywhere that i need 2 keys. They said "if you buy from 3rd party you'll get a registration key". I did not know that the retailer was withholding information. I've got a key. Thought it was the registration key, as Funcom said. It's Funcom's fault that they did not clearly and visibly inform how the registration process is gonna take place (i have sugested a very very very simple and common approach) with the first pre-order key and then a second retail key.

If you continue to totally ignore my points and still talk nonsense about things i have never even touched, i'm not gonna answer anymore. If that's what you want to hear and makes you sleep better over night, there you have it, you won.

I am going to say this again, the retailer you bought your game from is not a real retailer, it could be a business some guy is doing under the table (illegally). So, the information that Funcom gave you about 3rd party retailers giving only 1 key is not valid in this case. Also, you are also avoiding to provide us with the source where you acquired your key from, this is kind of fishy to me. Give us the source of your purchase, so we can figure out what their business practices are like.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by Doomedfox

You order from an online store which saved you money got the wrong key from them and its Funcoms fault??

How?

I do understand your anger but seriously how is it Funcoms fault?

It was a GOOD key. I WAS able to play until now.

Funcom says now that it was a pre-order key and that i need a retail key.

I CANNOT get a retail key, my retailer does not answer (prolly threw away the box if there ever was one, no idea how it works, they have thousands of orders daily)

How could i know that there were 2 keys? Why was I not announced in ANY WAY that i'll need to activate a 2nd key after some grace period?

You paid for a full game, and your shop only provided a beta-key (pre-order) key. If you cant get a valid retail key from your shop it's their fault, not Funcom's, a dev company cant be parenting all the retailers around the world right?

It's a standard procedure to have separate beta/preorder keys and retail keys, I dont see a problem here on that point.

I don't know, maybe i'm stupid and not aware that this is "Standard Procedure". A link in an obvious place stating this is "Standard Procedure"? I have pre-ordered some games before and never ever i was asked for a second key. Should i have not been announced in any way that there is a 2nd key? What should i do now? Go after my retailer, in court, for 50 bucks? Is that serious?

I don't care about their retailers and Funcom and EA and Amazon and whatever shiz, really. I've paid for a product, i want to be able to use it. Could i get a pre-order key in any other way except pre-ordering? Why can't i just continue playing with this one good key, paying my subscription? I don't get this, i'm sorry.

FUNCOM ARE THE DEVIL!

/facepalm

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Its a shame what happened to you no arguement there but people are NOT defending Funcom because they like the game, they are simply saying you got scammed by your retailer which you are, why would it be upto them to try to find the thief who stole your money? Its not.

2 keys isnt considered because "swtor"did it, its normal because most companies have done it, simply for practical reasons.

Not entirely sure why your CC wasnt accepted, they accept pretty much every major CC other mmo's use and just like every other mmo, if its not one of the supported cards OR they cant verity your card they dont accept it. You picked a retailer yourself, there are plenty of renowned and certified retailers who offered and still offer TSW. It wasnt a screw you, it was a sorry but we cant help.

You need 2 keys, a common reason is so they can distribute  keys without marking them seperately for early access. And yes, its on your shoulders to get YOUR RETAILER give the key you payed for, for starters.. because Funcom is not an authority in your country, your retailer took your money, the fact they wont even talk to you anymore says it all. if your retailer didnt pay funcom.. If I can proof I gave a random stranger in the street 100usd to buy TSW for me, but that person just took the money and took off, you really feel Funcom is responsible?

Im sorry you got scammed, but you could have protected yourself by buying from renowned and certified retailers.

Thanks for hitting me in the head, really nice post, exactly what i've needed. I hope now that you feel good. How about commenting on my points, about the account saying "normal" when it should say "pre-order, upgrade to retail", about not having any official line saying it needs 2 keys, just you have to be aware to the "common practice", about being able to buy upgrades and sub to a game i do not own, how about those? There were NO OFFICIAL STATEMENTS AND NO CLUES that you need 2 keys, a pre-order and a retail key. Any of those and i would have been able to cancel my payment, even if those guys tried to rob me. That's what you Funcom employees do not understand. You do not live in my country and do not know how things work and how we have access to games so you are in no position to comment on that.

My CC is accepted by many major MMO producers, but not Funcom. That's what started everyting. Don't tell me it's my fault because everyone else but Funcom can set up the channels and relationships so my CC (very popular in my country and all over the world) can be accepted too. Yes i will continue to create bad publicity for your game because of this incident, no matter if you Funcom employees like it or not. You can bribe the staff here to lock or delete the topic, and from the way you sound, you probably will.

To quote you:

Registration Key:

You will only get a registration key from other retailers than buying direct from Funcom. Buying from Funcom automatically applies the purchase and perks to your account you purchased with.
    ONE registration key, does not say ANYTHING about needing TWO if you pre-order. Give me your company's official link saying that i need to apply 2 keys if i preorder.

A visa electron is NOT a credit card and many places do not accept it. Generally this is the card used by youngsters 16+ and people with bad credit.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Do you understand that putting a link to your retailer would probably have already resolved the problem? Or at least would give you a slight change to ever get your code.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Visa E not accepted, ordered online from a local retailer that buys from Amazaon. You played Rift, this and that other game butnever encountered the need to revalidate a beta/early access account. Never seen the usage of two code. A retailer that is able to send you the beta/headstart.

No but you then try to steer the blame Funcom again, as it is really their fault because they would not accept your CC in the first place. Sure...

The preorder for Rift was done in the same manner, you got a code for preorder/early access and then a retail code to upgrade the account with.

So just stop lying with that you never experienced this need for two codes.

Who is your retailer. That is the intersting thing here, not Funcom.

A simple question you should be able to answer, of which you should have been given from start, from where did you buy the game? The name of the store.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

The preorder for Rift was done in the same manner, you got a code for preorder/early access and then a retail code to upgrade the account with.

So just stop lying with that you never experienced this need for two codes.

Who is your retailer. That is the intersting thing here, not Funcom.

A simple question you should be able to answer, of which you should have been given from start, from where did you buy the game? The name of the store.

I think he meant that he pre-ordered the digital copy from the Rift online store; in that case his account was probably setup automatically. But, as for the online retailer I guess he is off looking for one to post here: P, since he has been very secretive about his source till now. For all we know this whole thread could be him trying to bring some negative feedback towards TSW and Funcom.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

Originally posted by Searias

I think he meant that he pre-ordered the digital copy from the Rift online store; in that case his account was probably setup automatically. But, as for the online retailer I guess he is off looking for one to post here: P, since he has been very secretive about his source till now. For all we know this whole thread could be him trying to bring some negative feedback towards TSW and Funcom.

That is what I'm getting at aswell. Just another bait and switch tactic that have been seen in any shape and form. The retailer is  merely a copout.

Yea let's just throw accusations. Check my post history, really, see what i think about the game.

There is a retailer. I have posted that i will wait until Tuesday and then i will post their name. I'm sorry if you missed that, i know how it feels, i've missed the two keys part, the difference is that what i wrote is here, the two keys part is not there in any place. Also, did you miss the part, the multiple posts where i wrote that i do not need charity, pity or anything from Funcom or anyone, i just want to be able to use what i've paid for. I will write it again, no, i do not need and i will not accept any charity.

I have better thing to do than posting a 12 pages thread just to blame a company without a reason. Did you read the part where i wrote that Funcom is my prefered company when it comes to gaming, and that i've purchased and played both their previous MMO's for years? Yea, i really like and support the devs, i loved even their non-online games. I have a totally different opinion about the other staff they have (they went from a staggered early access to a non-staggered early access on public pressure, they've reduced the sub price for UK on public pressure, they have rushed the launch of their previous two MMO's making both launches a disaster, that's not the work of people who have a good plan and know what they're doing) and i'm entitled to it, no matter what employees in disguise here think.

To SlickShoes: Yes that might be. I am not a youngster and i do not have bad credit. The card is very popular in my country (probably covers around 70% of the market) and that's what my employer is forcing me to have. Visa has different strategies for different countries. If you live in a box and think that everywhere around the world the life is as nice as it is for you, you're wrong.

There is no use into debating more, all i've got when i asked for something official was some link to a post made by a fan with cuts and bits from here and there, trying to describe the registration process, and even in that post it does not say anything clearly about the need of two keys. I will not continue to post here, this time for good. Consider the problem solved and please a mod close the topic.

Yea let's just throw accusations. Check my post history, really, see what i think about the game.

There is a retailer. I have posted that i will wait until Tuesday and then i will post their name. I'm sorry if you missed that, i know how it feels, i've missed the two keys part, the difference is that what i wrote is here, the two keys part is not there in any place. Also, did you miss the part, the multiple posts where i wrote that i do not need charity, pity or anything from Funcom or anyone, i just want to be able to use what i've paid for. I will write it again, no, i do not need and i will not accept any charity.

I have better thing to do than posting a 12 pages thread just to blame a company without a reason. Did you read the part where i wrote that Funcom is my prefered company when it comes to gaming, and that i've purchased and played both their previous MMO's for years? Yea, i really like and support the devs, i loved even their non-online games. I have a totally different opinion about the other staff they have (they went from a staggered early access to a non-staggered early access on public pressure, they've reduced the sub price for UK on public pressure, they have rushed the launch of their previous two MMO's making both launches a disaster, that's not the work of people who have a good plan and know what they're doing) and i'm entitled to it, no matter what employees in disguise here think.

To SlickShoes: Yes that might be. I am not a youngster and i do not have bad credit. The card is very popular in my country (probably covers around 70% of the market) and that's what my employer is forcing me to have. Visa has different strategies for different countries. If you live in a box and think that everywhere around the world the life is as nice as it is for you, you're wrong.

There is no use into debating more, all i've got when i asked for something official was some link to a post made by a fan with cuts and bits from here and there, trying to describe the registration process, and even in that post it does not say anything clearly about the need of two keys. I will not continue to post here, this time for good. Consider the problem solved and please a mod close the topic.

Umm, that is odd because when I pre-ordered AoC I got a pre-order key and then a retail key after the game got released. And you are saying that this was the first time you encountered something like this. Also, if your credit card doesn't work with Funcom, how have you been paying for the past 2 MMO's from them? How is providing us the source of your online retailer an issue to you? This is what I don't get why you are holding this information from us, it is just fishy. Just provide us with the source of this online retailer. Withholding information like this when making a complaint is not the right way to go about it. I don't think it's just me asking for the source, a lot of other users are asking you for the information as well.

Umm, that is odd because when I pre-ordered AoC I got a pre-order key and then a retail key after the game got released. And you are saying that this was the first time you encountered something like this. Also, if your credit card doesn't work with Funcom, how have you been paying for the past 2 MMO's from them? How is providing us the source of your online retailer an issue to you? This is what I don't get why you are holding this information from us, it is just fishy. Just provide us with the source of this online retailer. Withholding information like this when making a complaint is not the right way to go about it. I don't think it's just me asking for the source, a lot of other users are asking you for the information as well.

1. I did not pre-order AoC, i've played it after launch. I have never encountered this problem before. Yes it happened for the first time for me, why is it so hard to accept this fact.

2. I had Mastercard at that time, then had to swap to Visa Electron, Visa had a strong presence at that time in my country, being able to cover a big chunk of the market, offering great deals and promotions, with no real opponent due to the bad or inexistent Mastercard defense.

3. I clearly declared that i will post the name this Tuesday, if the problem does not solve until then. I had no problems with the retailer before, bought other games from them, it seems very odd and i don't know if they are trying to screw me up or it is bad / a lack of communication between them and Funcom or Amazon US or whatever source they have for their games. I presumed it was Amazon US because i've got the dog as a pet in my pre-order.

4. Again, as i've mentioned in one of my first posts, i was blowing steam here. I am not looking for compensation or pity or charity. Still, i strongly believe that Funcom could have done a better job on their part informing the customers and designing a better account management page (if it involves real money, it is a critical area). Yes i strongly believe that they should protect their product and their potential customers by any means necessary. If you care about your product, you want it to be visible on the shelf, you want the customer to have exactly what you are selling and not some cheap copy or half-assed version and you want the retailer to change it if it expires or gets rotten, because it's bad PR for you otherwise. If you are any good, you plan things so this process happens, you don't just go "why bother going into details about how this registration works, a fan on our boards wrote a post, it should be enough, screw them, let them take it with their retailers if there's problems".

Of course, the obvious Funcom employee posting here (Panthien, check his registered date, check his post history, see what/where he posted) does not work in PR/marketing/sales, or if i better think of it, maybe he does, that seems to be the quality of those departments unfortunately. The fact that more and more posts made by people having this shitty problem arise means that there was a fault in the communication at some point. Have ballz, admit it, apologize. Anyway, if someone is a Funcom employee, again, have some ballz and talk to the mods here, get a proper avatar and title and post from an official position, if you're posting.

There is a retailer. I have posted that i will wait until Tuesday and then i will post their name. 

So why did you not wait to blame Funcom until after your retailer gave you a valid key?

• eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39

Well, just for the record, my friend has troubles with Origin. I wrote her emails to Orgin in order to clear out things (she doesn't feel comfortable with english). She bought preorder at Origin, she received preorder key, but they failed to send retail key. For lols - our other friend did receive retail key from Origin.

Her account was blocked, but then due to Funcom's extensions, she could play later.

I wrote email to Origin, which she sent, explaining in simply words, that they should provide two keys, preorder key for bonuses and second key which is RETAIL key.

Origin's response was below any criticism, as they wrote that "your game is availble for download there and there". So, using not so nice words, we replied to Origin that "omfg, I downloaded game, give me the key so I can play", also mentioning something about unprofessionality and ctrl+c, ctrl+v support. 

So, I think it's definetly not Funcom's fault, issue with Origin:
    - one person received retail key, the other didnt?
    - they don't seem to acknowledge any stuff about retail keys, which is sooo sad for such huge company as Origin

We are still fighting with Origin. ;) 

+1