Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A fair warning about High-Rez.

xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

For thoes of you that have never played a High-Rez game before I have a fair warning for you. Its becomming a trend with them and at this point I feel safe in saying its a shady busness practice of thiers. I dont know if the SMITE cash shop is open yet but I'm sure it soon will be.

BE WARNED. Every time they add new content to the cash shop it WILL be overpowered. Every single time they add something to the Tribes shop its overpowered. They wait for a couple weeks and then nerf the item.

I just wanted to let everyone know to watch out for that. Do NOT buy something just because its OP. They know its OP when they release it. They wait untill alot of people buy it and then nerf it to keep game balance.

No, I'm not a troll. I play tribes and have given High-Rez plenty of money. I just wanted to warn people new to High-Rez that they do this. That way if there is a new god released and they dont intend to buy it but feel compelled to because its OP they dont need to. Wait it out a couple weeks and save your money.

Comments

• Komarcek1Komarcek1 Member Posts: 6

it's Hi-Rez

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Komarcek1

it's Hi-Rez

Yea, your right.

• ThijsIsBaasThijsIsBaas Member Posts: 5

Not just Hi-Rez..

RIOT from LoL does the same with the new champions..

Best strategy to earn alot of money and that's what is all about for the companies.

• DeathJerkyDeathJerky Member UncommonPosts: 6

So far so true in SMITE, Guan Yu is OP and was just released a few days ago.

• ZynroZynro Member Posts: 29

No, that's completely incorrect.

Viktor was underpowered when he came out, we're still waiting for buffs.

And have you forgotten Senjuani? Yeah, so has everyone else. That's because she was such dirt that she's current either the first or second MOST UNDERPLAYED champion in League of Legends.

Riot does NOT do this.

-------------------
    Better to keep your mouth shut lest others take you for a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt.

• schrayschray Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Neyro

And have you forgotten Senjuani? Yeah, so has everyone else. That's because she was such dirt that she's current either the first or second MOST UNDERPLAYED champion in League of Legends.

Riot does NOT do this.

Yeah, how about Darius, Ahri, Volibear, Lulu, Nocturne, Riven and all the others I can't remember right now who were OP at release and nerfed a couple of weaks later. Trust me bro, i've been playing LoL from day 1 and I know exactly what riot does.

• ZynroZynro Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by schray

Riot does NOT do this.

Yeah, how about Darius, Ahri, Volibear, Lulu, Nocturne, Riven and all the others I can't remember right now who were OP at release and nerfed a couple of weaks later. Trust me bro, i've been playing LoL from day 1 and I know exactly what riot does.

Watch out, we've got a 'bro' who's played from Day 1 here.

Are you saying others who haven't played from 'day 1' can't notice trends?

The other bloke I was talking to said that EVERY champion is OP upon release. I've refuted his point. I don't understand where you're going with this.

But I'll humour you, I suppose.

Volibear wasn't OP when he came out, neither was Riven nor Lulu.

Lulu was very buggy upon release, actually.

I'll give you Nocturne and Darius, but Ahri was bad and is still bad.

Now I'll mention some of the ones who were underpowered or 'not OP' upon release. 

Such as: Hecarim, Yorick (Oh Gods that was terrible), Xerath, Shyvanna, Nautilus, Leona, ZIggs, the list goes on.

-------------------
    Better to keep your mouth shut lest others take you for a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt.

• OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78

League of Legends been doing that for a long while now .. and Heros of Newerth started some months ago :)

• schrayschray Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by schray

Riot does NOT do this.

Watch out, we've got a 'bro' who's played from Day 1 here.

Are you saying others who haven't played from 'day 1' can't notice trends?

The other bloke I was talking to said that EVERY champion is OP upon release. I've refuted his point. I don't understand where you're going with this.

But I'll humour you, I suppose.

Volibear wasn't OP when he came out, neither was Riven nor Lulu.

Lulu was very buggy upon release, actually.

I'll give you Nocturne and Darius, but Ahri was bad and is still bad.

Now I'll mention some of the ones who were underpowered or 'not OP' upon release. 

Such as: Hecarim, Yorick (Oh Gods that was terrible), Xerath, Shyvanna, Nautilus, Leona, ZIggs, the list goes on.

OK pro. Whatever you say.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It makes more sense to release something you know is going to be OP, than to release something you know is going to be UP. Then nerf the thing in question. One, you can sell more of whatever the item is, and two, you can get a really good idea of how OP the item in question is. If you release something that's UP, and very few people buy it, you can't get a good idea of how to increase the item's power.

This all assumes that it's not possible or likely to release anything that matches the power level of existing items.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

Perception is a funny thing, ain't it?

LoL is a great reference to point at from both sides of this aisle as both cases of truly OP releases as well as completely balanced releases being touted as OP and even a few UP releases touted as OP have happened. The funny thing is, it is largely perception.

What tends to happen in live games where content is added that is supposedly "balanced" with everything else is that you introduce an unknown tool or element to the mix. This unknown tool or element can appear overpowered if there is a burden of knowledge on the opponent to understand and counter this new tool or element.

This gives the perception of being overpowered (or less noticeably, underpowered) for a period of time. The nerf or adjustment may happen or may not and usually this vastly "OP" tool or element becomes much less so over the time in which the majority of the userbase learnes to understand the uses or counters to the newly introduced tool or element.

This isn't to say Hi-Rez is or isn't doing anything. But a fancy way of saying: Back up your accusations. Give some solid examples that display this pattern.

I play Tribes. From one day to the next, I've not seen any consistant gun, class or build clearly dominate.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

another warning is even when you are not playing the game or even if you uninstall the game they have a little hidden application running on your system.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by Sorrow

another warning is even when you are not playing the game or even if you uninstall the game they have a little hidden application running on your system.

Whats the application name or a link to support your arguement here?

The warning is pointless without saying what you are warning against actually is. Or if it even exists.