Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enhancements

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I was reading a thread on the official forums (and I'd ask there but it logs me out immediately after logging in) about why DFB was so popular - someone mentioned that the single origin enhancements were one reason, then another poster said that they were worthless, they just trashed them whenever they got them.

This confused me - I know there are invention enhancements (which I can't use) and the store bought ones, but are there enhancements better than single origin ones in the game? (Heck, most my characters don't even have all the enhancement slots filled, can't even afford dual original ones, much less single, much less whatever else is out there.)

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

In order of rising strength, the enhancements in the game are: Training Origin (TO), Dual Origin (DO), Single Origin (SO), Generic Invention Origin (IO), Hamidon Origin (HO),  Invension Origin Set (IO).

There are times in the leveling curve when SOs are better than Generic IOs, and times (especially level 38 and after) when Generic IOs are better than SOs.

When you get SOs from Death from Below, DO NOT USE THEM. Instead, go to the store that matches the origin of the enhancement (Natural, Tech, Science, Mutant or Magic) and SELL THEM. This will give you good inf. It's pointless to use them if you're running DFBs because you'll outlevel them very quickly and the opportunity to sell them will have been lost for no real benefit.

You may also want to go into your options and select the option that lets you earn double inf instead of xp while exemplared. This can be a good source of inf for the lowbie as well.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

So I guess SO are the best I can get.

Since I play on a server that is pretty much a ghost town, I'm lucky to do DFB once a week, so I don't really outlevel the ones I get there.

Thanks!

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there