Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF population rise

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

friday: 29 june
Players in clans: 934

monday: july 2
Players in clans: 1754

source: darkfall political map

discuss.

Not my claim, but i'm coming back cuz all i really hated was the grind and now, the exp gain will stay permanently untill 2.0

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Of course the pop will rise, at least temporarily. A lot of people left or stayed away because of the grind, now that it's pretty much gone, many of them will come back because there are simply no other game out there that offers what DF offers.

I'll probably resub myself if I get some free time. There are plenty of bad things about DF but compared to the old grind they don't matter too much.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I know I am playing and will resub for at least one month.  The grind was tedious before.  The new rate give you a quick boost at the start and then levels off decenlty for the higher levels.

I would expect at least a month or so of resurgence.  The summer maybe.  Also there is not a lot of comeptition for that type of game.  Also, I knew people who would not buy it before but now that you get the game and first month for $10 it is an easier buy in.  $10 a month should help as well.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Imo they should have made it b2p instead, that way more people would probably stick around and the pop would be decent until 2.0 comes out. I don't think that many players will pay a monthly sub once they've maxed their chars.
  • ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

They activated every single df account.. Anyone could log in for free for 2 days and be counted as an added player to the server.

There is a reason why the dev team doesnt provide population numbers for the servers.. and that is because they have been on a steady decline for over 2.5years. About  3months after the opening on the NA server.

I know several players who simply logged in (after months of inactivity) just to see the game.. then log off and uninstall.

The pop is still on the decline which is amazing because the pop is already severely low for a MMO and a gameworld of its size.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Yup 2 free days will bring people back for 2 days.. i believe there is another 2 days as well coming up.. after that most people would ahve maxed their alts and will stop playing..

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Yup 2 free days will bring people back for 2 days.. i believe there is another 2 days as well coming up.. after that most people would ahve maxed their alts and will stop playing..

Why do you think that? The appeal has always been pvp not character development. With the grind gone and with nothing else offering anything close to do combat I'm sure enough people will stay to make it worth playingagain

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

There has been a lot more PvP as many mid-level characters have came back, started maxing their chars, and jumped back into PvP.

Only problem right now is there are only so many places where a mid-level char can make good money, and they are generally camped by vets.  Would have been nice if a REAL loot increase came along with the XP increases.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

grind hasnt completely gone, i mean im playing the game and enjoying it but the grind is only just bearable for me. Im getting abit tired of rasing my magery skills already and cant begin to imagine how awful it must of been before the 20x increase. I guess im just not the same gamer i used to be. Grind just annoys the hell out of me.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

I'd come back if the wipe issue would be answered by Aventurine. I just don't want to invest time in a character that may or may not disappear when DF2.0 hits (which was supposed to come earlier this year I may add, but we're looking for at least a late 2013 release by now).

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

I'd come back if the wipe issue would be answered by Aventurine. I just don't want to invest time in a character that may or may not disappear when DF2.0 hits (which was supposed to come earlier this year I may add, but we're looking for at least a late 2013 release by now).

I think their goal would be to get new players with DF 2.  I can't imagine starting what they are calling "a new game" with characters transfered from another game would help them get new players.  Guild Wars 2 does not offer character transfers from  GW1 etc.  My guess is that not answering the questions means that there will be a wipe. . but answering that would give people less reason to play DF.    It can't be a wipe if it is a new game right?  Maybe that is why they are not answering.

For me, I play to have fun.  I didn't play it before because the progression was just too slow.  Now I can get around and explore more and kill more things with the limited time I have so I resubbed.  It will likely be around long enough (until DF2) for me to get tired if it as is.

I don't think they would offer 20X skill gain and 4X the loot to then carry these characters over.  I know DF fans will say that they won't play the new game then but if they like and play DF, they will like and play DF2 assuming it is better.  If they manage to have some diversity in roles  (ie. not everyone having maxed all skills then it will be better in my opinion.  Tasos said in the german interview that they decided to make a new game because they made too many core mistakes when they made Dark Fall.  Basically it was easier to make a new game then go back and change their old one.  Also it gives them an excuse to start fresh.  

As far as the wipe. . they could even come out and say they will not wipe characters and it still gives them an out.  They could start a new server assuming characters were transfered and the old server would die off because the population of the new server would be much higher. . . giving them an excuse to shut it down.  They could keep Darkfall 1 running while Darkfall 2 has a new server..  . . so technically no wipe.  He said they are not even going to call it Darkfall . . so my guess is you will not be moving your character over.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

I think their goal would be to get new players with DF 2.  I can't imagine starting what they are calling "a new game" with characters transfered from another game would help them get new players.  Guild Wars 2 does not offer character transfers from  GW1 etc.  My guess is that not answering the questions means that there will be a wipe. . but answering that would give people less reason to play DF.    It can't be a wipe if it is a new game right?  Maybe that is why they are not answering.

Unless it's changed in the blog updates, I don't recall DF2.0 being a new game. We wouldn't be paying for a new client either when DF2.0 hits.  To my understanding it's exactly like what FFXIV 2.0 will be, it's an update that will replace the previous client but remains the same game (meaning you won't have to pay for a new client and can just resume your subs once the 2.0 version launches).

As for the wipe, I'm aware that by not answering the question that it means there will be a wipe. However I'd still like Aventurine to clear this thing out as it's been going for quite a while now (it won't happen). Just wishful thinking I guess.

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Unless it's changed in the blog updates, I don't recall DF2.0 being a new game. We wouldn't be paying for a new client either when DF2.0 hits.  To my understanding it's exactly like what FFXIV 2.0 will be, it's an update that will replace the previous client but remains the same game (meaning you won't have to pay for a new client and can just resume your subs once the 2.0 version launches).

As for the wipe, I'm aware that by not answering the question that it means there will be a wipe. However I'd still like Aventurine to clear this thing out as it's been going for quite a while now (it won't happen). Just wishful thinking I guess.

I need to read the blog more than.  I can see why they don't want to say it. . Why lose income for the time being.  Just from watching that interview he sure makes it sound like a new game.   I guess that is just part of the hype though.   I can't wait to find out though. . I just hope they are somewhere near finished.  I am surprised they haven't allowed current subs to beta test as a way to increase income :)

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

Clans - (Last updated: 2012-07-10 01:51:37)

Clans: 176 / 480
    Players in Clans: 2298 / 2942
  • TsumoTsumo Member UncommonPosts: 49

I resubbed and I`m loving it.