Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sigh... I guess story-wise this is where it ends for me....

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

You know, if they are too strong, you are too weak. Or whatever. There is this point, where it all ends for me now.

"Dawning of an Endless Night" Tier 17, THE final boss. I read 3 walkthroughs. I did Savage Coast and BM quests twice and all dungeons to get good gear. Nada. I just CAN NOT defeat him, and this being solo instances - you can't bring help. I tried dozens of times, and I just can't defeat him. End of story.

It's sad, but it is also the sum and final verdict over my growing difficulty to manage the quests in this game. I can say, I really put a lot effort into learning combat, believe it or let it be, but I just can not go on.

End of story.

World is doomed.

:(

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Would it be possible to raise you skills more, maybe get higher tier gear, then come back for it?

~though, I do like the "world is doomed" angle. You should roll with that.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299

If what your doing isnt working, you need to figure out what will work...thats a major part of this game.

Perhaps theres some hints in the quest dialogue as to how to defeat him...or an item in your inventory meant to  weaken him...

No doubt theres something your missing, i know its beatable...it just may not be obvious as to how.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GTwander

Would it be possible to raise you skills more, maybe get higher tier gear, then come back for it?

~though, I do like the "world is doomed" angle. You should roll with that.

you surely could.. you could actually leave savage coast with some ql10 gear(granted you got someone in higher zones ot give you some which hasn't been a problem in my cabal:) ) if you really wanted and spent some time pvping to get a bit more SP

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Hrm, I didnt find him to be all that bad to be honest. I just focused on his clones when they were up and kept him at a distance most of the fight.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I just don't have the reaction time! I am simply overwhelmed with the many things going on. It's so much so quick to do... :(

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Dunno how you cant beat this. You get massively buffed. Are you not killing the adds when they spawn? Are you standing in the fire?

If you were able to get to this point you shouldnt have any trouble beating it so i have no idea what else it could be except what I just listed. Getting at least 1 self heal helps with everything though so if u dont have one get one. Other than that get your QL up. This quest shouldnt be hard.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I had a moment like this with the junkyard mobs, they were so tough and would beat me up and kill me, plus the damn dog quest where you had to escourt the dog took me a dozen times, the one time I finally got it on the 13th try my power went out on the entire house, I finally got it the next time but after gaining some more skills and better armor a few hours later I came back and spanked some junkyard ass.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Elikal

I just don't have the reaction time! I am simply overwhelmed with the many things going on. It's so much so quick to do... :(

Then you are not leet gamer, and should take up shadow puppetry.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

You know, if they are too strong, you are too weak. Or whatever. There is this point, where it all ends for me now.

"Dawning of an Endless Night" Tier 17, THE final boss. I read 3 walkthroughs. I did Savage Coast and BM quests twice and all dungeons to get good gear. Nada. I just CAN NOT defeat him, and this being solo instances - you can't bring help. I tried dozens of times, and I just can't defeat him. End of story.

It's sad, but it is also the sum and final verdict over my growing difficulty to manage the quests in this game. I can say, I really put a lot effort into learning combat, believe it or let it be, but I just can not go on.

End of story.

World is doomed.

Solo instances should not be in mmos. If i want to play solo i go open world solo. I dont think solo instances in TSW are to tell a personal or main story either because its the same for the three factions. So i would like them to be group instances or no instances at all

edit: or make them like swtor did... where you can invite a friend to your solo instance to help you and both get the job done.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

There must be something you're missing--if people can write guides, then plenty of people have done it already. Hang in there! :)

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

I can see where you are coming from as a lot of encounters require quick thinking and actions to pass. I found that in TSW, unlike other games, I cant play when I start to feel the slightest bit tired - everything just starts going to crap and I'm back at the res points more often than I would like to be. 

One of things that I think helped me out in the long run was that I have been helping friends who just got the game by running through missions I have already completed, racking up more AP/SP so I have more abilities to choose from and more points into weapons/trinkets. 

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

End of story.

World is doomed.

I am sure you will get it and just needed to rage abit.But this is why I am enjoyin this game getting my ass kicked by not fighting a mob or doing a quest without paying attention to what I need to do.We need these kinda games around or you can always crawl back to Wow,Rift,SWTOR,etc etc where you can face roll through with no thought at all on the treadmill or you can step back rethink your tactics and enjoy it when you do get him killed.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Kill the clones asap!!!!!!

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Games should challenge us mentally. It sounds like the difficulty is perfect.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Elikal, I saw you post this on the public forums too.. but.. what is your build?

It doesn't take a lot of AP to pick up even the inner rings of a new weapon to help with this fight.  A ranged weapon, such as Assault Rifle, can work a world of difference and even give you some healing.

If this part is too hard for you now you can still go to Egypt and do some missions there and get more SP/AP and come back later.  The fight really isn't THAT horrible once you work it out.

I hear the same problem about Bogeyman but people eventually beat him.  You have to adapt to the fight.

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Kill the clones asap!!!!!!

Took me a try or two to firgure this out and when he hits 20% or so both dogs and clones spawn.  I ended up getting lucky with a few crits and was able to nuke him down.  I agree though it's a challenging fight.  Lots of fun!

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by BigRock411

If what your doing isnt working, you need to figure out what will work...thats a major part of this game.

Perhaps theres some hints in the quest dialogue as to how to defeat him...or an item in your inventory meant to  weaken him...

No doubt theres something your missing, i know its beatable...it just may not be obvious as to how.

This.

And just step away for a while. You might come back with some new inspiration on how to do it, or get that active dodge with fresher fingers. You can even remap your keys, so you can be faster.

Cheer up, dude.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Or...can you just drop or skip this quest and go foward, or is it some sort of mandatory story line that you can't progress past without completing?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Im super stuck in egypt right now on an investagation quest so dont feel bad.

• BillyJimBobBillyJimBob Member Posts: 35

It is obvious you enjoy the game, inspite of the frustration you're experiencing at this part of it.  And, the fact you've come to the gaming community (mmorpg) to seek out feedback in figuring out what you need to change about your setup / strategy.  And, hopefully receive some solace at the same time.

No shame in that at all.  Can't hurt to take a break from it too and come back with a fresh set of eyes.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ok, with much help and patient avise from my Cabal (bless them!) I finally solved it. But boy... I feel I get too old for such kind of stuff. Can someone die from adernaline poisoning?

Can we please have an easy mode for old and worn out people? -___-

Just solved my puzzle as well only to be thrown another.  ; )

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

[mod edit]

• kaludytkkaludytk Member UncommonPosts: 45

try a different build...

you're welcome.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

I like that when people find game to hard. Only good games are hard to overcome, cant wait for winter :)