Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think blizzard is coming to the end

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Sebber
    Originally posted by darkness2468

This aint  a troll post but in reality do you think there time is over?

Well if you look at the games they have made.

Starcraft  was the most watched esport game, but now League of Legends have taken that titel.

World of Warcraft is in decline and i don't anything OMG stuff coming anytime soon.

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the players.

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think you represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

Starcraft 2 is bigger than Starcraft ever was. It also has two expansions on the way.

WoW effectively killed off the Warcraft franchise but MoP will bring in at least some money.

Titan is on the way whatever that is.

Blizzard is far from done.

No diablo 3 was definitly a failure to diablo players, no question. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Zorgo

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the posters  I've seen on the mmorpg.com forums, the bastion site for all who hate everything blizzard.

Fixed.

Outside of this site, it is considered pretty successful and fun. This is the worst site to come to for level-headed opinions  when it comes to anything at all.

Fixed.

LOL

• Originally posted by Chrisbox

Starcraft  was the most watched esport game, but now League of Legends have taken that titel.

World of Warcraft is in decline and i don't anything OMG stuff coming anytime soon.

Diablo 3 sold alot of copies, but the game was a failure in the eyes of the players.

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think you represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

Starcraft 2 is bigger than Starcraft ever was. It also has two expansions on the way.

WoW effectively killed off the Warcraft franchise but MoP will bring in at least some money.

As a Diablo player who knows many other Diablo players, it was definitely a huge success to Diablo players in general.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

As a Diablo player who knows many other Diablo players, it was definitely a huge success to Diablo players in general.

I concur.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

with the  OK only sc2 and the crap D3 + the nonsense they keep doing with wow (pokemon and karate kid class anyone?)

yep i think in like 5-7 years blizz wont be what they used to be anymore.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84

it was the biggest  failure

D2----->D3 easily and with style

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by kaguhoO

it was the biggest  failure

D2----->D3 easily and with style

While I agree that D2 is much much better than D3, SC2 blows SC1 out of the water. SC2 is better in every conceivable way and it will get even better after the 2 expansions. The only thing tha I don't like about SC2 is custom games. But they are fixing that with the new arcade layout.

While I don't think D3 is as great as D2, I still played it for much longer than I play the vast majority of other games I've bought. It's just that I didn't spend crazy hours on it like I did with all their previous games including WoW, SC2, D2, D1, SC1, WC3, WC2. But they are still to release PvP and maybe that will be super fun. You never know. Then they will release 2 more expansions and I will see how this goes. Maybe in 2-3 months I will stil lget the rush to play Diablo dunno. I always seem to return to Blizzard games...

Originally posted by qombi
    Originally posted by bookworm438

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

Technically, a failure is a game that fails to make money or sell. Diablo 3 sold over 7 mil copies at release. I consider that far from failure.

Yes it's a shame people will pay for garbage because of the Blizzard name. People are sheep.

So all the people jumping on the Blizzard hate bandwagon are not sheep?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

No question? No wonder you don't have the answer.

If you are basing your opinion on the posts you see on mmorpg.com - you went to the worst site possible for an objective sampling of Blizzard players. This is where disgruntled Blizzard players and Blizzard haters come to feed. This sites community is almost unanimous for deriding anything Blizzard as the downfall of all gaming.

In the real world they sold enough copies to be considered successful and is one of the top internet games currently played. More play it than D2 currently, and more people bought and are playing D3 than D2 than at release - so if D2 was a success, D3 is a bigger one. This is simple. This is undeniable to anyone using logic, reasoning and rational thought. Even if I hated it, I would recognize its success. Let me say that again, a rational person who does not like D3 should still be able to recognize it as a success. Just as rational people still see that WoW is a success, despite their opinion of it. Just like some people still recognize that SWToR has an enviable number of subs, even after the huge exodus.

The community here feels that SWToR is a failure too. And at the same time the games they play have half the subs. They believe WoW is a failure, when it is actually the genre's biggest success.They believe either sandboxes and/or action combat are the only acceptable structure for any future mmo. Although they don't play one, have never seen a successful one and everyone they tried they hated. They believe that gamers are the problem as they are buying games they don't want and thus driving the industry to make more WoW-clone themeparks. It has never occured to members of this site that people may actually like and enjoy the games being released.

These are not the opinions of the industry, they aren't the opinions of business, they aren't the opinions of the public at large or even the gaming community at large. The above are the opinions of mmorpg.com members, who have gathered here to promote their opinion as the only truth, as THE voice of the gaming community. And they feel safe here, because there are a lot who feel the same way. They tend to be uncomfortable with dissenting opinions and insecure at rival sites because they are in the minortiy and are out-voiced.

But at mmorpg.com you can come spout off nonsense at a streetcorner like a homeless person and gain an accepting audience. It is the best site to post uninformed over opinionated non-logical arguments as the end-all-be-all truth of gaming. Tell you what - you want to know what is happening in the industry, come here, read everything and then know that the complete opposite is actually the truth.

D3 a failure. Go check out the real world for awhile - its nice out here.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Spelled "there" wrong, it's their when standing in for a person.  There means place or location.  Not saying my grammar is perfect, just trying to help.

Blizzard definitely lost popularity among MANY because peeps are bored.  It will not be gone until someone comes along and makes an MMORPG kickass better.  That is not going to happen until computer corporations realize much of their market belongs to gamers, not just secretaries, and start selling PC's with advance graphic cards THAT DO NOT SUCK TO MUCH ELECTRICITY.   Which wont happen until someone makes such a graphic card and sells it to a major pc corp like Dell.  So Blizzard is safe for a long long long long long long time yet.  To our despair.  And with the economy looking so bad I might go as far as to say WoW was as advanced an MMORPG as stupid greedy humans managed to create before society fell apart and we revisited the dark ages.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard still breaks sales records with every game they make. Success is based on number of copies sold -- so no, they are not coming to an end. Now if you mean in the traditional sense of the high quality games they are/were known for, yes, I feel like that part of the company is ending. It won't stop the great sales though.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Cata sucked... SC2 was only 1/3 of a game, and Diablo 3 was just an auction house... so Blizzard jumped the shark right after they released WOTLK...

I don't think you understand what "jumped the shark" means.

Just replace the phrase with "reached a decline in quality which is beyond recovery." I'm not sure where you lost my meaning though, because it seemed very clear to me.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

If you take the question in context with the latest news ( http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/06/us-vivendi-activision-sale-idUSBRE8650SZ20120706 )?

Dunno. Depends on whether Vivendi can sell AcitvisionBlizzard and who will buy it.

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63

stupid topic for stupid kids, everyone knows that 2012 is the end of all. close the topic.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Palebane

I concur.

I agree too. Diablo 3 was good :)

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

I laugh when people have said *this new game is the wow killer* ....After seeing the community reactions to Diablo 3 though It is clear what will eventually kill wow. Blizzard themselves.They are still a huge company but they lost a TON of their fanbase because of diablo 3.They can make as many box sales as they want but if they leave a very bitter taste in a long time fans mouth it doesnt just become dislike but absolute hate and its just sales they wont make in the future.

As great as i found the gameplay in diablo 3 to be it has such completely broken game mechanics that even a monkey could fix and people are seeing that.Blizzards image is very hurt right now..I think it will take many many years for the giant to fall but i do believe this is the start.

Also i play hard mmos that are usually grindy and epic items are rare....with that said i love to play wow.I love the artistic direction of the game, i love the polish, the content and even the fact that if you want to play casual you can still get nice things.It is different to the other games i play and i like that.I REFUSE to give them my sub for wow though after they butchered Diablo 3 in my eyes when it could have been so much more.I feel like they didnt care so why should i? I know this is all my opinion but it is opinions like this that will destroy Blizzard because i have been a fan since a kid and i am very let down.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

really dumb thread to have on this website... 

If Blizzard is coming to an end then the gaming industry is in trouble. There is no better video game developer period. 

Yeah that ^^

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Kanester
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

really dumb thread to have on this website... 

If Blizzard is coming to an end then the gaming industry is in trouble. There is no better video game developer period. 

Yeah that ^^

... then you've both been asleep since 2008 or something.  There is a definite decline going on here.  Although Starcraft II was a fairly solid release, it was short.  I think it's fair to say it was 1/3 of a game, especially considering the lack of playable Protoss and Zerg campaigns.  Diablo 3 quality?  Cata quality?  Both a complete joke.

I do agree that the gaming industry is in trouble though.  Any time you have an industry where companies start to release broken products with the mentality that they can just make quick fixes later on, trouble begins to creep in.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

There is enormous inertia involved in that many loyal fans.

Ponderous, slowly-changing animal that only evolves over geological epochs.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

Blactivision has, in my opinion, cashed in a lot of their reputation as a developer which makes great games in exchange for shit tons of money with their recent titles. 

They released Cataclysm with nothing close to the effort and content seen in prior WoW expansions. Starcraft II, as stated above, is 1/3 of a game. D3... this is highly subjective but Blactivision themselves stated that the 'item-hunt end game' failed, what I think they left out completely is that it certainly worked in D2, so why did it fail now. RMAH necessitates a need for use of auction house which necessitates certain drop patterns which leads to above needed use of auction house WHICH CASTRATES THE FUN OUT OF DIABLO. 

so anyhow, any one of these I could have shrugged off but combined they have led to a re-evaluation of my thinking towards  Blactivision. Why? Because I bought all three of those, why would I not, Blactivision makes great games! 

Except now, that thinking has changed. Whereas any Blactivision release was an autobuy, now I'll either rent it first or wait for a free trial. Enough people do that, and they will be affected by it, providing they release games people don't want to buy after trying. Will they come to an end? Not gonna happen, they are still capable of making great games, all they did was tarnish their reputation a bit with a few of their fans, that won't kill them.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Well the rumors are still floating around that Microsoft has its eye on Blizzard, who knows what could happen if they get bought.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

One Can only hope.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

That's like asking if the sun will burn out...yes, eventually but not in YOUR lifetime so relax, take a deep breath and know that it's not something you should be concerned with. Especially if you're not even playing any of their games.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by bookworm438

Diablo 3 wasn't a failure by any means. Don't think your represent "the players." It has two more expansions in the works.

The game launched with minium content, no PvP, major server issues and a P2W AH. how was that not a failure?

Can you please tell me what a failure is then?

Technically, a failure is a game that fails to make money or sell. Diablo 3 sold over 7 mil copies at release. I consider that far from failure.

And the SW prequels were a success because it made alot of money but many, many people considered them a failure compared to the sequels. So yes in a profiteerings companies eyes the game is a success but from players, metacritic is one indication, the game is a failure.

As for Blizzard, as a profiteering company they are far from over but making good games? They havent made a really good game since Starcraft 1. They are nothing but a money machine now.