Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: The Hag Strikes Back

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Just when you think that taking out werewolves will be the end of the Gloamwood area, there's a new surprise around the corner. In this week's Chronicles of One Telaran, Caedryn the Dwarf makes a return to tell us all about it. Read on!

Hello everyone. We're back to Caedryn this week. (You lucky people.) Now, although he thought the werewolf problem was taken care of, it turns out there is still a few loose ends to tie up regarding the lycanthropical lurgy lurking in the woods. (Say that ten times fast.) The first stage of trying to get rid of the problem once and for all comes from Brother Jebiah. “To focus the power of the Vigil upon the werewolves,” he says, “Marshal Oakheart will need a canine integrant. The buried Wolf Furs from Greybriar Hollow will work, though you'll need help breaking through the cave floor to get them.”

So I am to travel to Greybriar Hollow and use his ring to summon someone called Azeek. I don’t know if he’s a werewolf sniffer or what, but it seems only he can help me collect the wolf furs from inside the cave.

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: The Hag Strikes Back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Nice looking mount, shame I dont play this game anymore.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    Originally posted by Kokomobl

Nice looking mount, shame I dont play this game anymore.

if ya want it, an event will give ti again (from what we gather) in about 7 months or something, so well after storm legions launch which is enough of a reason to atleast try it again :)

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Caedryn you have it easy. In vanilla Rift the curse turned you into a werewolf for an extended period of time and if you went into a friendly camp or town you were attacked. Man was it a pain to cure the curse! Athough I looked back on it with amusement I was happy that my subsequent toons did not have to suffer through the same horror.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

What you mean to tell me they dumbed that down ? What is the deal with games these days dumbing down thier content? Why do game companies do this? That was one of the best parts of playing RIFT back when I played. I was a werewolf for like 3 days  and although I had the option to remove the curse with said npc spell I refused to take that easy way out and did it the old fasioned way by eventually dispelling the old bit..er I mean ..Hag. The other easy way was not laying there as plain as the nose on your face. So now it's just pointless compleatly? What else have the dumbed down .. and I was starting to think I might want to try the game again pretty soon but knowing stuff like this is now gonna set me back on any desire to reactivate my account now...Thanks a lot Trion.

• kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Ahh some good times, as a Dwarf Guardian I choose to keep the curse as it made my own faction npc attackable. I killed all the ones I could in Gloamwood and Silver getting world/server first before those dirty Defiants came and got them, good times.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

This games is following the footsteps of WoW when it comes to the pace of dumbing down content. The elite status of the final phase rift bosses was removed from lower level rifts not too long ago also. You can solo most rifts now. I came back for a while but got bored pretty fast. They seem to be shadowing a lot of what WoW has and is doing which isn't all bad but most is dissapointing.

• kaludytkkaludytk Member UncommonPosts: 45

"Vanilla" rift. lol

i really hate that term.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Game is now awesome and with new expansion will be the best one after wow :)

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

People still care about Rift?

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by Arawnite

People still post on MMORPG about games they claim not to care about acting surprised that the rest of the world doesnt share their singular viewpoint?

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287
    Originally posted by Kothoses

People still post on MMORPG about games they claim not to care about acting surprised that the rest of the world doesnt share their singular viewpoint?

Heh.., nice!

Anyway, good story as always. Shame that I stoped playing Rift (very nice mmo), but there is just not enough time to play every game I like, with all real life obligations, etc....

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by Niimarr

Heh.., nice!

Anyway, good story as always. Shame that I stoped playing Rift (very nice mmo), but there is just not enough time to play every game I like, with all real life obligations, etc....

Thanks.

I still Rift from time to time, for me its WoW without a lot of the stuff about wow that annoyed me after the Ulduar Patch.  

Basically it and SWTOR are my go to Hotbar/Tab Target Theme parks :)

Oh and yes, since I forgot to say it, Enjoying the column please keep updating it.

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

I saw it as a headline story, which surprised me.  Everyone I play MMO's with (2 different large guilds, and some RL friends) has all cancelled, uninstalled, and moved on to better games...so no, it's not a 'singular' viewpoint.

I guess some people still have strong enough feelings for the mediocre WoW clones to defend them for a period them far beyond their relevancy.

• zansidhezansidhe Member Posts: 1
    As a matter of fact, people do still play Rift. Maybe you and your friends stopped playing, but that's why they're *your* friends. Some of us (as a matter of fact quite a few of us) still enjoy playing. So thanks and goodbye.