Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Item Hunt is Not Enough, Devs Admit

13»

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Originally posted by pwain

pvp anyone?

You think the QQ is bad now? Wait until 100's of players pick the wrong FotM.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by wormywyrm

Who the hell cares if D3 doesnt create sustainable interest?  They just need box sales they are already rich, GG blizz.

Well, yes and no. Diablo 3 had good box sales at launch, but you have to factor into that the huge development and marketing costs for the game. Really, I think Blizz were hoping it might sort of be the next WoW for them, and I am guessing that the psotings by their peeps is based on low numbers now on battlenet. Remember folks, the buisness suits who run Blizzard want Battlenet to be sort of the facebook of PC gaming, so if not many log into the game after a few months then it is bad for them.

• Bigmac1910Bigmac1910 Member Posts: 19

Remove the Action House, adjust the loot rates and people will continue to play it. Simple really.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by tordurbar

Ditto.

Hate to go off-topic here but that is my complaint with Cata and MOP. The talent trees have been pruned to excess. WOW is just not as fun anymore.

In D3 I did not see more than 2-3 builds that I would play on any class. There just wasn't enough to keep me interested and I quit the game in Act 2 of nightmare.

The streamlining makes for boring RPGs quite often. All of the "conveniences" such as removing arrow requirements to shoot a bow, or getting rid of demon pet trainers for Warlocks, or making it so that you know exactly where you have to go all of the time is not fun either. No longer really having to think about how to spec your character is not that fun.

I beta'ed some MoP and thought that it was very boring how I didn't have to make any decisions that really mattered to how my character plays out. Sure, there are some differences between the specs, but outside of making that initial decision of whether you want to be, say a ret Pali or a holy Pali, you don't decide anything anymore.

Even though there wasn't a lot of RPG in D1 or D2, it still had compelling systems in place that made its replayability fun. D3 is too streamlined not just for skills you use, but also for the item stats.

I guess it is to make this stuff more palatable to a wider audience who is not used to RPGs. Unfortunately, in making the game as appealing as possible to a lot more people, the game devs have missed the forest for the trees and have forgotten about many of their more traditional RPG fans.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.