Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zerging in Fusang - This can't be right! Right?

ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

It seems that every time I have been in Fusang (Templar/Grim) the following is going on (I'm simplifying things a little bit to emphasize the point):

•  Majority of people are in a one zerg running from one cap point to the next (which often is a one that an opposing side - in Grim it's usualy the Lumies - are not around)
  •  Few soloists running around in the fringes capping res sites 
  •  Often there's somebody yelling at the Templar channel that "EVERYBODY to South|West|North|East facility"
  •  if the opposing side is doing it's job it means that Temps own in the worst case 1 fac out of 4 - the one they just took

Now, I'm not expert in this sort of thing but this doesn't seem right. Isn't this supposed to be played so that the zerg divides itself to hold the maximum number of cap points (which includes preventing the other guys from taking them) instead of going for a world record in how fast a 200 players can capture a facility?

Or is this just because the cabals have not yet organized themselves to do purposeful work in Fusang and everybody is just so happy about the game (I'm that too I must admit) that the strategy and coordination has not yet came into the picture? .

Even so, I'm having an illegal amount of fun in there so I'll just jump right in there while waiting for somebody to explain what the heck is going on...or that I'm completely wrong (which has never happened before) and "Zerg Is Good"!

PS. I think one thing to tweak in Fusang is the absurdly short time it takes to take over a facility. Unless the two factions are sitting close by (or actually deffing a site which is yet to happen to me) with the size of the zergs going around there's no way they can make it to prevent a takeover.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

had same issues in CB.. i don't really care for the fusang map layout at all honestly.. El Dorado is pretty fun though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

The problem is that zerging IS the best tactics. Fusang needs an overhaul IMO. The map layout is good, but what we need is to change the rules and mechanics of the Facilities and Anima Well, beyond a rez point. I hope Funcom doesn't abandon it like BW did with Illum. Just change the damm mechanics.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

The problem is that zerging IS the best tactics. Fusang needs an overhaul IMO. The map layout is good, but what we need is to change the rules and mechanics of the Facilities and Anima Well, beyond a rez point. I hope Funcom doesn't abandon it like BW did with Illum. Just change the damm mechanics.

I think the mechanics is the thing to look into, too, which is why I proposed at least making it a little harder to take over the  facilities. Probably there are other things too. I'm hoping FC will work on this over time.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

templars are a pretty hardcore pvp faction... I hate them.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

The tactic is to hav a capping team and a defending team or 2. Defending team will be 3-5 player small team which if done right can stop 20-30 people zerg at spawn point.

With the correct build with multiple impair, you can prevent spawn point to be captured. If they ignore the spawn point the defender with impair skill spec can also easily defend or slow down the rate of capture of the facility with the help of golem and turret.

Personally i've tried successfully defended with 3 player againts more than 20.

My fusang run typically procede in a predictable rotation

Cap anima well > Cap facility > Defend/slow down zerg while raking up player kills while waiting for the other quest to cd

In 6 hours of fusang i can rake up over 10x kill 10 player quest 

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

Loomies seem to be the only ones that kinda defend their points in there (on Grim).

Last night we (Dragons) were trading Facilities with you guys. Mainly, we just wanted the achievements for each facility, and the quests.

I'll confirm though, only Templars I saw were attacking facilities, not defending.

• RightlovRightlov Member Posts: 72

Fusang doesn't really need any revamps, just a few adjustments; one of them being a major decrease in weekly accumulated  points, each time a faction loses a facility - this will teach them to defend the facilities as well.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Keyh

Loomies seem to be the only ones that kinda defend their points in there (on Grim).

Last night we (Dragons) were trading Facilities with you guys. Mainly, we just wanted the achievements for each facility, and the quests.

I'll confirm though, only Templars I saw were attacking facilities, not defending.

Even at the loomies side on Grim we often read "Mah let them take it. More exp for us". I have not played a lot of PvP, but in the time I played it I hardly have seen a proper big fight. Usually a few strangers being taken down by a big zerg. Trying to look for a facility to defend is also imposible. By the time you reach the facility it has already been taken. 

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

The Loomies and Temps were fighting over the South Facility last night, it was the only time that I didn't just see people trading facilities basically.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

Fusang is fun every once in a while when you manage to engage in some small scale PvP. Unfortunately most of the time it's just 3 zergs running around avoiding each other. The mechanics encourage this because the only way to take down a guardian in a reasonable amount of time is to have a small sized army with you.

One way to fix this would be to nerf the guardian and allow 4-5 players to take him down. That way the zerg will need to split up into smaller teams if they want to control the majority of facilities. It'll also allow 2-3 defenders to actually make a difference, instead of just being a road bumb to the zerg.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    [mod edit]

The PvP and combat are indeed lackluster in TSW, but calling the game a complete fail is just being spiteful. The PvE/story/setting in TSW is superior to the majority of MMOs that have come out in the last decade.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    [mod edit]

Probably because it's the best game I've played this year by far.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    [mod edit]

Please go away... Or try tp be constructive...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    [mod edit]

Players like different games *gasp* *faints*

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Krytycal
    [mod edit]

The PvP and combat are indeed lackluster in TSW, but calling the game a complete fail is just being spiteful. The PvE/story/setting in TSW is superior to the majority of MMOs that have come out in the last decade.

only thing I found lackluster overall so far is PVP but not knowing exactly what skills other people are using does add some fun to it you don't get in other games. Overall probably most fun themepark MMO "released" yet.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105

Haven't tried pvp yet, but seems to me OP is a bit impatient.  Give people time to adjust to the maps and pvp playstyle in the game.  Not everybody was playing in beta.  I plan on trying some pvp this weekend, and I plan on feeling/acting like a complete maroon until I get a feel for how it plays out in this game.  

It will definitely be nice not knowing what you are going up against just by looking at their class/gear/etc....

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

Now that they nerfed the xp and I can get similar doing easy quests in Egypt I'm sort of meh on Fusang.

With the lag and general ickiness as of late it's even harder to enjoy.

The PvP quests is what drives the behavior in Fusang, people want the XP and marks, so they'll gladly rotate caps. I'm not sure anyone has a really solid grasp on what winning the weekly thing is? I'm sure it doesn't beat  immediate gratification.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629
    [Mod Edit]

No problem buddy.

The box is no more expensive than any other MMO out there -- it's actually CHEAPER than some other games like GW2. It has the usual sub fee, so the only thing you dislike about pricing is the cash shop, which contains ONLY cosmetic items. Besides, the premise that something should be the best because it is expensive is a logical fallacy, but we'll leave that alone so you don't become confused.

Zerg PVP is crap, but there's two other maps that don't involve zerg PVP. I see you've failed to take them into consideration. Let me guess; you haven't ever played TSW and are basing all of your arguments off of what you've seen and heard.

Besides all of this, it's pretty obvious that PVP is not the major focus of this game so stating that the entire game is a "fail" or "rip-off" because one part of it isn't great is straight up retarded.