Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Key expired all hell broke loose (Authentication problem)

gamekid2kgamekid2k Austin, TXPosts: 360Member

No TSW till Monday ....

Some of us ordered Hardcopy version online and the retailar (due to 4th of July) will not be able to deliver it till Monday.  This morning Funcom deactivated all pre-release account w/out a retail/release key.  

Some are claiming that even with a valid key they cannot login.  Was it to much to ask to extend the grace period till Sunday? I did and CS denied my request :-(

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=39338

While I suck my thumb, Illuminati will take over the world.  I won't be able to do a think about it.  When I will log on Monday, my char is probably transformed into a forced illuminati slave...

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member

I was having same issue. I fixed it by entering my box CD key.. entering in my paypal info then you need to go to payment options on the funcom site and pre-authorize your paypal.. Then i changed my game password, waited about 5 min and log in worked!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DaezAsterDaezAster new york, NYPosts: 803Member

I need a break anyway been playing hard all week. ;)

• kymlaarkymlaar Warren, NJPosts: 1Member

It does seem a bit silly to me that they didn't take the 4th of July into account.  It might not matter to most of the world, but I'm pretty sure, based off of the server distribution, that the US is where Funcom gets most of it's customers from.

Now I'm stuck waiting until Monday, as I'm sure many people are who decided to order online.

• GargolaGargola Panama, FLPosts: 356Member

FC should probably extend the grace period till Monday.

I'm not among those with the retail key delay due to delivery, but several people is.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Austin, TXPosts: 360Member
    Originally posted by Gargola

I'm not among those with the retail key delay due to delivery, but several people is.

This waiting is killing me.  I will revolt by not buying stuff from the store...

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

This waiting is killing me.  I will revolt by not buying stuff from the store...

There ya go.  Don't by that frilly little dress.  Stick it to the man!  =P

Sorry to hear this guys..  That has to suck.

Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

• SorrowSorrow St Pete, FLPosts: 1,195Member

I almost bought $50 funcom points and then was like WTH am I thinking wait 3 months until this goes F2P and then they will start giving the lifetimers free funcom points every month

• JohnnymmoJohnnymmo Salt lake, UTPosts: 99Member
  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by Sorrow

I almost bought $50 funcom points and then was like WTH am I thinking wait 3 months until this goes F2P and then they will start giving the lifetimers free funcom points every month

IF the game goes F2P in 3 months ill personally buy you $100 in funcom points because it just isn't going to happen

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GargolaGargola Panama, FLPosts: 356Member

Well, funcom extended the grace period for 24 hours, i think they should have gone witht he full weekedn, but it's better than nothing.

It's interesting that Amazon and other retailers that has this late delivery, however, delivered on time for those that got the "launch date" delivery option.

The delivery issues then don't seem to be on EA's hands (EA is the one dealing with the boxed disks) as if they have had the disk production or supply delayed people wouldn't have gotten their disks already.

Some people have Amazon stating that they -sent- their disks today, which is rather screwed up from Amazon.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Austin, TXPosts: 360Member

Well, funcom extended the grace period for 24 hours, i think they should have gone witht he full weekedn, but it's better than nothing.

I guess all the QQ worked.  I wish it was 48 hours instead of 24.  Well something is better then nothing...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,778Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Johnnymmo
    Does this help http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=39506

so if I decide to buy the digital download game from FC website right know, i wont be able to play until monday?

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Mississauga, ONPosts: 912Member
    Originally posted by rojo6934

so if I decide to buy the digital download game from FC website right know, i wont be able to play until monday?

If you order from the FC website via digital download you're safe to play immediately (only the download will take you a while so do it overnight), it's only from outside retailers that copies haven't been shipped or arrived yet that those people won't be able to play till Monday it seems.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,778Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Originally posted by rojo6934

If you order from the FC website via digital download you're safe to play immediately (only the download will take you a while so do it overnight), it's only from outside retailers that copies haven't been shipped or arrived yet that those people won't be able to play till Monday it seems.

i have the game installed since i played 2 beta weekends.. Hopefully it will just patch it.

Thanks.