Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tasos interview (DF founder) with subtitles

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Someone who cares about Darkfall, give me the synopsis. I'm intrigued by the game but have never subbed.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by wormed

Someone who cares about Darkfall, give me the synopsis. I'm intrigued by the game but have never subbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIY8tg2qBs

• ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

Tasos doesnt offer any new info about anything.

This is just an interview  about Aventurine and DF 1.0

Pretty much a waste of time to watch.

How on earth can a dev team be creating Darkfall 2010 Darkfll Arena And Darkfall 2.0 And have NOTHING to show for it other then a few seconds of 2 year video footage...

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by wrekognize
    Originally posted by wormed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIY8tg2qBs

please dont link a video with 10 year old alpha footage in.

@op video is mostly about greece not darkfall, but still kind of interesting.

My blog: image

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Part 2 is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYQPcha2hQ&feature=relmfu

Ahahahaha. . I am not sure if this is a bad translation or not but I found the wording funny.

"We will not put 5 players in a dungeon just to protect them from others who could ruin their experience.  Our design targets to enable other players to ruin their experience."  

He goes on to explain it and I get it but when I first read that I laughed out loud.

Also "We are still running the old Darkfall but we don't give too much attention to it."  Sounds like they decided to do the 20X gain etc. as a last hurrah.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Ahahahaha. . I am not sure if this is a bad translation or not but I found the wording funny.

"We will not put 5 players in a dungeon just to protect them from others who could ruin their experience.  Our design targets to enable other players to ruin their experience."  

He goes on to explain it and I get it but when I first read that I laughed out loud.

Also "We are still running the old Darkfall but we don't give too much attention to it."  Sounds like they decided to do the 20X gain etc. as a last hurrah.

Ha, yeah some of it comes across a bit blunt but i'll put that down to it getting "lost in translation". Tbh I quite liked alot of what he was saying in terms of their over all ethos and more importantly, the fact that they are going to stick with it and not over casualise like every other company seems to be doing.

With regards to regular DF 1.0, I agree. The whole 20x skill up thing just seems to me like away to allow those of us playing the game to blast through the tedious grind and get on with pvp, which is what it is meant to be all about really. It may be redundant in the long run, but it allows people in the mean time to have a bit more pewpew fun and a bit less numlock swim into a wall if you know what I mean lol.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."