Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yes no trinity for gw2 but there has to be a Prof better at it then others?

antshock35antshock35 Member Posts: 114

I love to heal  in mmos always have always will now I understand that there is no main healer but from what I have been reading is there is secondary healers that are needed to to help heal and throw out buffs ..what profession do you think will be the best at this in Gw2....Most ppl are saying Guardian or elemental .....Is this true or will there be another race that will be better at it....?

Comments

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by antshock35

I love to heal  in mmos always have always will now I understand that there is no main healer but from what I have been reading is there is secondary healers that are needed to to help heal and throw out buffs ..what profession do you think will be the best at this in Gw2....Most ppl are saying Guardian or elemental .....Is this true or will there be another race that will be better at it....?

Well a Support / Heal spec is availalbe in nearly all classes.

Some will say that Guardian, which is what I played the most, has the best but they all have great Support / Healing / CC'ing / Buffs in their own way.

I'd say depending on what type of healer you like to play in other games, Water Elementalist / Staff Guardian are by far the closest IMO.   Though not nearly the same at all.  Guardians can take sooo much punishment and switch up to do a lot of boons / AOE heals / Support with one of their Ultimates.   But like I said every single class can do this roll in their own unique way just as good as every other class. 

It will come down to which one you'll like to play the most, the fun will be testing them out ^_^ all of them.

Also just keep in mind that if you plan on not switching out of a support then you'll be hindering yourself or limiting yourself as well as everyone who is playing around you, especially in Dungeons. 

• antshock35antshock35 Member Posts: 114

thanks you for the response sir....

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Honestly there are so many ways to support others in battle other than just healing.  The damage output from mobs is so much higher than healing that it seems silly to think that you can really do anything by focusing on healing alone.

That aside, elementalist and guardian are both pretty good at getting other people out of a bind and granting a little extra healing, but they are not the only ones.

My personal favorite is the shout warrior.  No idea how it ranks in comparison to the ele and guardian healing builds, but I hardly think that is something that we should know while the game is still in beta.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Guardian for sure... here's a video. People say Elementalist, but because of the long cooldowns and weak spammable heals I don't think so. The Engineer is much better than the Elementalist, with it's choice between med kit or healing turret and the Elixir gun and  other methods of providing general buffs (33% damage reduction from protection is sometimes better than heals).

Another surprisingly good one is the Warrior... here's a video.

In the end, support in GW2 is all about two things: AOE heals and AOE buffs. The buffs are still very important, sometimes moreso than the heals.

• antshock35antshock35 Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Master10K

Guardian for sure... here's a video. People say Elementalist, but because of the long cooldowns and weak spammable heals I don't think so. The Engineer is much better than the Elementalist, with it's choice between med kit or healing turret and the Elixir gun and  other methods of providing general buffs (33% damage reduction from protection is sometimes better than heals).

Another surprisingly good one is the Warrior... here's a video.

Sweet video thanks bro !!!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Just be careful not to try and pigeon hole yourself into thinking you can play a single role. You can lean more heavily into one of the aspects, but if you ignore your others (in this case damage and control) you'll always be playing well below your potential.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Just remember you can't target heal, only group/party wide heals are available, you cannot play the red-bar game in GW2.

Other than that most profs can heal to some extend, my favorites are Guardian and Elementalist

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

There are several classes that makes good support characters. Besides guardian and elementalist is engineer excellent for this purpose even if almost all of them can be excellent at support. Necro is another good example that can be very useful.

Thief is the only one I tried that is really hard for support, while it can offer some really useful stuffyou need to keep moving and fighting to be useful, or at least that is my experience.

My suggestion is that you try a few classes out until you find one that really fits your playstyle.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

I would leave all these comments behind, OP. Not saying they are wrong, but it has been confirmed that all the classes are getting a lot of rework and everyone is waiting for BWE3 to see how big the changes are which is supose to be very big.

It is easy to say that guard/ water ele is the best way to go for heals, but you will have to see on July 20-22

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Guardian has the most by far.  Specced right they can cast what can only be described as a complete heal on themselves.  They also have very constant high regeneration and ridiculous survivability.  A mace/focus combo let's them heal their party even more.  A bit on the OP side right now.

Rangers can output a lot with their spirit elite skill.  It heals for roughly 600 a tick at 80.  Lasts for up to 2 minutes with a 4 minute cooldown.  You'll want to spec into a spirit build if you want to go the pure healing route.  They also get a strong regeneration (with a little plus healing it's ~200 a tick) with Signet of the Wild (however this is self only).  Top that off with a powerful healing ability like Heal As One or Healing Spring.  The Moa pets also have a strong heal (although unreliable) and a certain Moa can grant regeneration to party.

Elementalists can output a lot of healing with the Signet that heals them on spell cast and Water attunement.

Engineers have a decent amount too.

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41

The real thing to remember is that this is An Actual Beta, not just pre-beta-release-alpha like most games. They have addressed many things so far and have one more BWE coming up. I expect the game will change a lot more in the two months until release. From BWE1 to BWE2 they made almost 2.3 GB content changes. From BWE2 they ALREADY have changed almost 800mb worth of files... 

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty