Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real life = far superior MMORPG experience

Comments

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

RL is so unrealistic.  Yesterday I killed a rat and it didn't drop any good loot! Not even a grey quality axe or something! I mean WTF?!

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Killing 10 rats when you are 1 is not recommended.

In general it is not recommended for any level, unless it is your chosen proffesion

Originally posted by Omnifish

RL is so unrealistic.  Yesterday I killed a rat and it didn't drop any good loot! Not even a grey quality axe or something! I mean WTF?!

Actually you can cook the rat. While in general not really accepted by the community and for a lot of people it might fill up the disgusted meter. You can still do it and get something out of the kill. You could also try to make very small boots out of it. 

BTW: If you want cosmetic drops then you really should go after "Human - Female" NPCs!

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Omnifish

You have to have a skinning knife, you get some fur that way atleast. But keep in mind that this gives minor points with the "peta" faction.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by Kopogero

Its features:

Best possible graphics

Till now. But future graphics will be equal/superior to real life and you can show anything you can image.

Permadeath

Which sucks.

Full loot

Which sucks.

43243243 of professions

Most are boring and not good for your health at all.

You can literally own people. You can become a king/ruler.

Which sucks for everone else.

You can go 1 vs MANY and many more

And loose most of the time.

No one can change/nerf your character abilities/skills at any given will

Are you kidding ? Believe me, your abilities/skills can be nerfed.

Top of the art player housing

Must obey physical laws. Not required in MMOs -> more possibilities.

Mini games

Agreed.

It can't be more immersive than it is.

Agreed.

The stakes are higher and the loot is far more enjoyable.

The stakes ARE higher and the loot usually is crap.

One server supporting billions of players.

At the expense of any other lifeform on earth.

It will be around and running until your character dies.

Probably yes. So agreed.

The attitude in "trade chat" is far different and mature since everyone knows your identity.

No difference really.

Oh and yea it's SANDBOX not themepark. Player driven economy, quests, etc.

True.

The amount of players who are bored, unhappy and quitting it is below 0.1% (thats the suicide rate)

Add to this the amount of people who are not happy ;)

The endgame is still evolving. So many technologies, innovations and worlds unknown out there.

Agreed.

Most refuse to believe that real life is a "game" cuz thats how addicted and fooled are by its reality and complexity.

*shrug*

0 BUGS

Are you serious ? There are more bugs than any MMO will ever have. MMO's don't even get close to it.

Animations are perfect.

Just because you accept them as they are. Do you really think it looks great how a turtle walks ?

Combat involves FAR FAR more skills and gear also do matter a lot.

Only few skills really matter.

You can do anything you want well if your intelligent enough and at least once in your lifetime.

Try living in another country...

No LAG, DISCONNECTS

There are, the next bus hitting you is just around the corner.

No BOTS, HACKS, CHEATS, EXPLOITS

What ? There are more of those than ever possible in an MMO.

You sound like a real life fanboy. No offense intended. ;) Life can be great , but for many people it isn't and it is not always their fault.

Originally posted by Anthur

Its features:

The endgame is still evolving. So many technologies, innovations and worlds unknown out there.

Agreed.

Not what i heard. I heard there is no end game, its just game over once you reached the highest lvl. Nothing else to do anymore. Infact for most players the higher lvls mean nothing more than just sitting behind windows all day (even the apple fans do that wtf O.o) looking at how other players walk down the streets and quest, nothing else much to do for them.

Its mostly stuff for the lower and mid lvls that benefit from the technologies and inovations. But the end game is so boring that people massively quit around the highest lvl.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Vutar

Screw that its pay to win...

My biggest problem with it. The cash shop is very overpowered.

Yeah, with a lot of real money you can pwn nearly everyone. Couldn't be a bigger difference between the haves and the havenots. Other than that, the 'no cheats' is probably debatable as well. But it's a nice OP, worth a smile.

imageimage
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Can I hack things up with a bladed weapon without consequences?

Can I summon a fireball in my very hand and heave it off,watching amused as the destruction it causes lights up my foes?

can I summon lightning from the sky at my beckoning?

why is there only one race to play?

I prefer adventuring as a means to make my living,not in some suit and tie spewing garbage out of my mouth towards others while time slips away closer to 'permadeath'...which makes it all meaningless to me in the end..

i prefer not to be a slave to pieces of paper.......

this mmo sucks.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

IT'S A SHITGAME!!!!

Originally posted by tank017

Can I hack things up with a bladed weapon without consequences?

Can I summon a fireball in my very hand and heave it off,watching amused as the destruction it causes lights up my foes?

can I summon lightning from the sky at my beckoning?

why is there only one race to play?

I prefer adventuring as a means to make my living,not in some suit and tie spewing garbage out of my mouth towards others while time slips away closer to 'permadeath'...which makes it all meaningless to me in the end..

i prefer not to be a slave to pieces of paper.......

this mmo sucks.

What do you mean there is only one race to play? You got many different races and sub races. You got the human race, and they come with all kind subraces with their own starting area. And than there are many other races like dogs, cats, whales, etc to choose from. Don't blame the game for rolling you as a generic human. Just be glad it didn't roll you as a one day fly, i heard those guys are screwed. They get to play just for one day before perma death kicks in.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Anthur
    *snip*
    You sound like a real life fanboy. No offense intended. ;) Life can be great , but for many people it isn't and it is not always their fault.

That's true as well, if you're confined to a wheelchair or worse, fighting cancer or some equally devastating disease, then you'd probably find a virtual world where you can do wonderful things quite superior to real life.

If you were born to poor parents in a poor country then real life probably isn't as superior as it is for some other people.

imageimage
  • FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

What? Horrible game is horrible. Good graphics is all it as.

Bad character creater because you can't choose anything. Locked gender and only human.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE grind for everything. P2W. Permadeath is bad.

Worst PVE ever. period. Worst economic in an mmo i've ever seen. Enourmous sub fees for multyple things  every month.

And i could go on forever.

OP, this game won't go F2P. By the end ofthe year, this POS game will shut down. And then we'll all be happier to not have to play it ever again.................

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I dont like the community of that game to much...

Its hard to be the hero in that game...

I prefer easier games...

I can´t stand loosing...

Its Buy to Win...

Character creation is dumb, you got no influence at all...

And on top of that, its unfair and cruell, to much randomness and it has the worst AI ever.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KawotaKawota Member Posts: 16

It is very debatable if the game has bugs or not.

In fact, most people believe it is bugged to death and should be completely revamped. Many blame some mythical pr0 hax0r who broke the code with the help of the first players. And in Asia, a popular belief is that the game is so bad it's not worth playing, so you should quit, the problem here being that they also don't believe it's permadeath.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Another feature of Real Life I enjoy is that I can send other people on quests for a small price.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

RealLife was rushed out the door due to corporate pressure. This game could have used another 10 million years of development before launch.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

Yeah but when I hit space bar I don't jump very high. Automatic turn off for me. 

a yo ho ho

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Its features:

Best possible graphics

Permadeath

Full loot

43243243 of professions

You can literally own people. You can become a king/ruler.

You can go 1 vs MANY and many more

No one can change/nerf your character abilities/skills at any given will

Top of the art player housing

Mini games

It can't be more immersive than it is.

The stakes are higher and the loot is far more enjoyable.

One server supporting billions of players.

It will be around and running until your character dies.

The attitude in "trade chat" is far different and mature since everyone knows your identity.

Oh and yea it's SANDBOX not themepark. Player driven economy, quests, etc.

The amount of players who are bored, unhappy and quitting it is below 0.1% (thats the suicide rate)

Most refuse to believe that real life is a "game" cuz thats how addicted and fooled are by its reality and complexity.

0 BUGS

Animations are perfect.

Combat involves FAR FAR more skills and gear also do matter a lot.

You can do anything you want well if your intelligent enough and at least once in your lifetime.

No LAG, DISCONNECTS

No BOTS, HACKS, CHEATS, EXPLOITS

And there are 554324 of other features I could add here that make real life far more superior MMORPG than any of these hundreds of MMORPG's that been coming out over the last decade that refused to even add one of  those features that I named above.

Props to UO and SWG-Pre CU who at least had SOME of those features back like PLAYER housing and player economy.

That MMO has no Forums, you are in the wrong forums posting that. You'll never fimd the Forum for that MMO, sorry.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Naral

RealLife was rushed out the door due to corporate pressure. This game could have used another 10 million years of development before launch.

Considering the universe is 14.6 billion years old, 10 million more years isn't that much more time to get things done.  Do sub atomic particles get paid by the hour?  You may need to give them some over time.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Well it has best possible graphics and best rewards. 

Still it is pay2win & permadeath.  My biggest gripes with it :|

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by fenistil

Well it has best possible graphics and best rewards. 

Still it is pay2win & permadeath.  My biggest gripes with it :|

Don't forget that you automatically die at max level, and that the max level is more or less random too.

Real life sucks big time as a MMORPG:

- The character creator sucks, it's mostly random.

- 99.9% of the players won't be heros but just scrubs.

- If someone hits you with a sword, it will hurt badly. Very badly. It may kill you in one hit (see next point). Most of the times, you will actually WISH is had killed you, so much it hurts. Therefore PvP sucks badly in real life.

- Permadeath.

- Max level means auto death (see previous point).

- You can't become some "immortal god". Even if you become the world boxing champion, or some highly trained soldier mastering all kind of weapons, a simple teenager can still stab you with a knife or shoot you in the head and kill you (in one hit again). NOTE: this isn't automatically a bad thing, btw - real life includes "level downscaling" =P

- If you try to behave like in a MMORPG, you will most likely end in jail rather quickly.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

The only thing that makes real life infinitely better than MMORPG experience is SEX. Once, we can start making games that uses all your senses, then the MMORPG experience will trump real life.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Originally posted by dauntSilver

Not to mention all of the devs and GMs have completely abandoned the game!

I disagree!!! They have been working on the Moon expansion for decades. Not long ago they added the Space Station expansion as well. I've also been reading up on the Mars adventure pack, but its currently pre-alpha. Seems like we got some cool shit coming.

Too bad my character has a limited amount of time to play.  

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Naral

I heard it was one guy working in his basement that made it in 7 days.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by silvermember

The only thing that makes real life infinitely better than MMORPG experience is SEX. Once, we can start making games that uses all your senses, then the MMORPG experience will trump real life.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/21/orgia-romanus-mmo-looks-to-facilitate-sexual-interactions-betwe/

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    In the far star trek future, if we get there, I can see real life being far more entertaining for everyone in general. Until we get there, real life for the majority of the worlds population really sucks. Most people that have computers capable of playing games forget this, they think everyone in the world is in a similar situation as themselves.

Reality = sweat shops. If you can even get to look in a cash shop you were born lucky.