Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I downloaded C9 and now...

xikribxikrib Richmond, INMember Posts: 17

I want to play it, but when I go to the website and try to launch it, it says I still need to download the game. Could anyone help me?

Comments

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,043 Rare

    weird. I downloaded the game, installed it, then went to the site and hit launch and it went through fine.

    image
  • xikribxikrib Richmond, INMember Posts: 17

    Yeah it went fine for me in closed beta test, but the servers are up now right? The open beta is going on now?

  • GrinnzGrinnz Member Posts: 311 Uncommon

    make sure you download the web plugin when it requests you to do so...otherwise the webpage won't recognize you have the game installed, also make sure you log into your account on the website when attempting to start game up.

    I hate the web launchers....ridiculous added steps......vidicutus, dragon's nest, and c9.......redundant.....

    image

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,043 Rare
    Originally posted by xikrib
    Yeah it went fine for me in closed beta test, but the servers are up now right? The open beta is going on now?

    just logged in to verify. Yes, the servers are up in open beta. When you hit play on the website you should be able to get the webzen plugin updater and then it auto opens the game launcher. If it doesnt happen then maybe you got a corrupt install?

    :(

    image
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,043 Rare
    Originally posted by Alphamojo
    make sure you download the web plugin when it requests you to do so...otherwise the webpage won't recognize you have the game installed, also make sure you log into your account on the website when attempting to start game up. I hate the web launchers....ridiculous added steps......vidicutus, dragon's nest, and c9.......redundant.....

    true... at least Vindictus is now on steam and dont need the web launcher(it uses a steam mini web launcher tho). I hope C9 goes to steam too or remove web launcher :p

    image
  • xikribxikrib Richmond, INMember Posts: 17

    Would it work in a different browser than Google Chrome? I use it. Yes I have the webzen extension, and have the game downloaded. I click on play on the website and it says I need to download the game.

    I downloaded the game, then downloaded the Webzen Hub thing and finished that. Then I downloaded the extension for Google Chrome to open the game, but it still says I need to download it.

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,043 Rare

    ive never tried on chrome,. I use firefox and it works fine. Maybe try that and let firefox instal the web plugin for mozilla

    image
  • xikribxikrib Richmond, INMember Posts: 17

    I'll try Firefox. Should I have to reinstall the game or just the extension?

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,043 Rare
    Originally posted by xikrib
    I'll try Firefox. Should I have to reinstall the game or just the extension?

    the extension for firefox only. The game is installed on the hard drive so the browser is just to launch it

    image
  • fascismfascism marquette, MIMember Posts: 390 Uncommon

    If the web start plugin isnt working go into your c9 folder and start the "c9launcher" this completely bypasses the website

     

     

  • xikribxikrib Richmond, INMember Posts: 17

    I tried using the launcher and it says "The Launcher will be available in OBT."

  • SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Thorold, ONMember Posts: 183
    Originally posted by fascism
    If the web start plugin isnt working go into your c9 folder and start the "c9launcher" this completely bypasses the website    

    This. [Edit] oh nvm.

     

    And when you get it working come back and tell me how you like it. Thinking of starting.

     

    #TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

  • fascismfascism marquette, MIMember Posts: 390 Uncommon

     

     

    thats a common problem. You need to download a new launcher. Details are available here

     

    http://forums.webzen.com/Topic311619.aspx

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,043 Rare
    Originally posted by xikrib
    I tried using the launcher and it says "The Launcher will be available in OBT."

    im about to think you have a corrupted installation. Nothing seems to open the game for you.

    edit:  before trying to reinstall the hole game try some more.. check taht link provided by previous poster

    image
  • xikribxikrib Richmond, INMember Posts: 17

    Thanks everyone! I'll work on getting it running.

Sign In or Register to comment.